Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

Reaction Score
Unforgivable to get a T there. 4 point swing buried us. We’re still great, Xavier is really good; don’t let this bleed over into Providence

Also would have liked to see more Clingan - we were getting abused by their size all game. Press conference should be telling
It wasn't a four point swing. That would imply what he did negated a bucket of ours. He did give them two full points, though, at a crucial time, in addition to the two they were likely to get.

It was a terrible T. Would a better set of refs have called it? I'm not convinced. But he has to be prepared to deal with the officials in front of him.

Reaction Score
I’m actually not to upset with the T, it’s a regular season game and Xavier was scoring at will. I wonder if this was a message for his team down the road to learn you didn’t listen to my instructions so I won’t give you the right to get a stop now. The T was horribly timed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They were getting a bad whistle all day today, but the time for a T would’ve been much earlier in the second half.

There’s no defending that one.

Agreed 100%. Calhoun was a master at purposely taking a tech when the refs were calling a bunch of fouls against us, but he would have done it much earlier in this game. Inexcusable to do it with 2 minutes left, and the team completely fell apart after that.

Reaction Score
Awful coaching today. Worst tech I’ve seen. And what’s with not playing Diarra? Newton did not have a good game.
Worst? Oh come on. Do you remember a few years ago? This was bad but not the worst.

Reaction Score
Here we go, UConn loses their first game on the last day of the year and now we’ll all call out the coach sucks. Boneyard at its best. They were outplayed today and the refs did them no favors. Don’t kid yourself the T was what caused the outcome.

Reaction Score
Extremely poor decision making on the court and on the sideline today. Hurley has to know he can’t get T’d up with under 3 to play.

This is the one thing from him I can’t stand, and it happens way too often.

Reaction Score
We needed to play Clingan at least 15 minutes tonight. There was a prime opportunity at the under 8 to give him some run and see if he could make a difference and we blew it.

Sanogo had 18 points on 17 shots. That is not excellent. And his defense was bad. Clingan was better tonight. We need to trust our freshman when they are playing well. Consistently been a problem with Hurley.

Reaction Score
Was not a good day for Dan. Tech at that time!? Missed managed the lineup. Karaban and Tristen didn't have it today. 4 fouls with both on floor was terrible. Our defensive philosophy fo this game was wrong. AJ chasing on picks over and Over again from behind. Sanogo got his but terrible on the boards.

Reaction Score
There was a sequence right after the 4 minute mark in where Xavier got four calls in a row- also before the foul charade UConn had out fouled Xavier 18-8. With all that said, obviously as an experienced coach you cannot get a T in that scenario. Thought we got out physical down low & Karaban shows his inexperience defensively with some of the defensive positions he puts himself in & the decisions he makes. Also, as someone said earlier too many threes- not enough finishes at the rim- Xavier played well- give them credit for the W.

Reaction Score
Y’all still believe in Hurley ??
Absolutely, but you can believe in someone and still fairly criticize them.

We saw all of his bad tendencies on display today - poor adjustments, overly relying on a core group of players (even when they didn’t have it), and letting his emotions get the best of him at the worst time.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a four point swing. That would imply what he did negated a bucket of ours. He did give them two full points, though, at a crucial time, in addition to the two they were likely to get.

It was a terrible T. Would a better set of refs have called it? I'm not convinced. But he has to be prepared to deal with the officials in front of him.
Fair enough re. the swing. Hurley has to be better regardless - doesn’t instill much confidence that he has become a better tight game coach this year, although no quibbles with his coaching vs Nova when it was close. Time will tell

Reaction Score
Diarra needed to be out there the last 8 mins...brings energy on D and 2nd ball handler. I guess Karaban had to be out there with size of X but DH should have been way way more creative with lineups the last 8 mins.

Reaction Score
The team collapsed at the end. Hurley didn't help with the T but the players still need to make shots and play some D. They had a chance to bring it back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom