Herbst Spoke w/ BC Pres. re: Block | The Boneyard

Herbst Spoke w/ BC Pres. re: Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone must have known BC would be blocking UConn..

Reaction Score
@EdDaigneault Ed Daigneault

Source: #UConn president Susan Herbst has spoken recently to BC president Fr. William P. Leahy regarding BC's block of UConn to the ACC.
http://twitter.com/#!/EdDaigneault/status/116897899748667392

Is there anything that President Herbst is NOT doing in her attempt to have us get favorably placed in the world of college athletics?? She is confronting every potential obstacle. Whether we are able to move or not, it won't be due to any lack of effort on her part. She is a fantastic "get" for UConn!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You go, Herbst!

She lives up to CL82's bad-arse avatar more every day. haha.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Even if BC isn't actually blocking UConn per se... going and sitting down with Leahy probably means a lot. In the current climate I think it's probably not the worst idea to try to thaw that relationship. Show that it's a different administration.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm told Prez Herbst is traveling today. Wonder where?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is it legitimate...no followers...history?

Ed Daignault is a long time sports writer for the Waterbury Republican. I don't link the paper's articles here because they require a subscription, but he is a legit member of the CT press.

Reaction Score
ACC requires 4 votes to "block." I would imagine FSU and VT or Clemson are the others but I see only three of the four anyway and they will not object of the other entrant is a FB school (ND?).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
She has to plug the leak in her office. This stuff should not be getting out. Louisville and WVU could be gone at the end of the week, and Louisville wants to stay. Why are we pissing everyone off for a hope and a dream? STFU already and play nice.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
She has to plug the leak in her office. This stuff should not be getting out. Louisville and WVU could be gone at the end of the week, and Louisville wants to stay. Why are we pissing everyone off for a hope and a dream? STFU already and play nice.

Dude, give it up you sound pathetic. What is your problem with her? Are you sexist, someone with a personal vendetta, or Jeff Hathaway?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dude, give it up you sound pathetic. What is your problem with her? Are you sexist, someone with a personal vendetta, or Jeff Hathaway?

Weak.

Common sense would say that you don't want everyone to know what you are saying in a situation like this. So why is UConn telling everyone? Just shut up to the press. It is unprofessional, insulting to the other members of the conference, and makes UConn look desperate. Desperation doesn't help in closing a sale.

Reaction Score
Give me an example of "desperation". And what is the big secret anyway. 64 schools will eventually matter and she is busting her hump to make sure that we are one of those 64.
Play nice and be loyal, yeah that seems to work well in this world of college athletics.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The constant stream of information could be motivated by a few things. She could be confident in her position and wants to be up front about it and not blindside people like Pitt and Cuse did. She could be afraid of not finding a spot for UConn, which would reflect poorly on her, and wants to make it known that she is doing everything she can so the blame doesn't fall on her. She could be confident and wants to use all of this as an opportunity to get as much national press for UConn as possible. Nothing screams big time athletics like looking out for old number 1.

Reaction Score
Ed Daignault is a long time sports writer for the Waterbury Republican. I don't link the paper's articles here because they require a subscription, but he is a legit member of the CT press.
FWIW, you dont need a subscription to read the full article in the Republican American, you simply need to register.
And I dont get BC. You would think a healthy regional rivalry would help their sports programs. Moving to the ACC certainly did not.

F

fortebleedsblue

Weak.

Common sense would say that you don't want everyone to know what you are saying in a situation like this. So why is UConn telling everyone? Just shut up to the press. It is unprofessional, insulting to the other members of the conference, and makes UConn look desperate. Desperation doesn't help in closing a sale.

Did Texas A&M look weak during the SEC upgrade? Or Texas for throwing their baggage out there?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Did Texas A&M look weak during the SEC upgrade? Or Texas for throwing their baggage out there?

Did you read a single tweet from a Texas beat writer where they were kissing Colorado's butt to get the Buffs to let them in the Pac 12? A&Mtuat

You don't handle situations like this through the press, and Herbst is enough of a pro that she should know better. My fear is that she knows we are cooked and she is just trying to make it look like she did everything she could when WVU and Louisville head to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Pitino wants to stay in teh BE, but Louisville wants out. Every FB playing school who has a potential option to get out wants out right now. And every one of them is talking with who ever they believe can help them get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom