Help Us Improve Your Gameday Experience - UConn Football Season Ticket Holder Survey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Help Us Improve Your Gameday Experience - UConn Football Season Ticket Holder Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No attack here Boat but shrink the visitor section??? :confused: A couple of hundred people surrounded by empty seats bother you? Ticket sales have nothing to do with the size of the visitor section.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the entrance process if you enter the stadium 15/20 minutes before game time. The problem occurs because many possibly like yourself wait until the last minute to go in.
As for more band I agree 100%, for all the work they put in they should be able to more often let us hear what they have to offer! :)
Shrink the visitor's section because there is no need to allott 5k seats that never get sold. If schools dick around on selling off those seats on the second market or back to UConn you end up with entire empty sections. Only time there were people in the upper level of the visitor's section this year was when they invited the high school marching bands. I'm usually in my seats by team intros but on times when I'm a little behind schedule it takes FOREVER to get in because yes that's when a lot of people are trying to get in. They need more turnstiles open.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Keeping with the recent trends, I self-identified myself as a season ticket holder.

My suggestions? Make the game day experience worth my time and money compared to watching comfort of my home.

Reality is I live in Florida. If I was anywhere near Ct I'd get season tickets and be there almost every game.

But I want to know that UConn values my time and presence.

The onfield performance will vary. That's a given. What shouldn't vary is the stadium staff's and UConn personnel's attention to making the game day experience be unique from the watch at home experience.

Reaction Score
We need to try to initiate some kind of tradition in our student section--not something dumb and contrived, but something that inserts them into the gameday experience and makes them the focal point of the crowd. I really think that if there was a cool gameday tradition that took place at the end of the third quarter you could get more kids to stick around.

It's really a chicken or the egg thing, anything you try and do with the student section won't be cool if it's half empty. Like the first time they played Sandstorm at the end of the 3rd quarter it was awesome, but that was a great crowd. It started to become a regular thing, but then when they started playing it for an empty stadium it was really lame.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What I wrote until I ran out of room...

I really appreciate these surveys and improvements to gameday experience. I have a couple of ideas/suggestions that I hope are addressed:

1. student tickets - please consider making a season ticket INCLUDE bus travel, so students only need to show a game ticket and student ID for a ride. Also, can we cut back on the number of busses that exit the stadium DURING the game? Or, consider a student bus dedicated lane (i.e. "diamond lane") to exit post-game traffic quickly so students will stay at games longer.

2. Increasing the season ticket base is of paramount importance for the school, program, gameday atmosphere, and our conference affiliation hopes. Since game times are not announced until days before gameday, it's too difficult to sell individual tickets. Please consider a season ticket "bundling program". For example, if someone buys football season tickets, basketball (men's and/or women's), hockey, and/or donates to the school, they are able to buy packages at a discounted rate. This might encourage fans to buy more season tickets across more sports and donate to the AD or school. The more sports that someone has season tickets or ticket packages, the more of a discount they can receive for each sport and the more perks they may receive (bowl game, away game, conference tournament package, parking, concessions...discounts).

3. designate a bar/lounge area on the scoreboard side with tables and standing areas for casual fans (similar to XL Center).

Reaction Score
Shrink the visitor's section because there is no need to allott 5k seats that never get sold.

I believe the minimum visiting team ticket allowance is set by the individual conferences and I'm pretty sure the normal visiting team ticket allotment for the Rent is only 2k. I remember the Michigan game contract required an additional 3k capping them out @ 5k.

Reaction Score
Do something with the scoreboard area. Expedite the entrance process. More band during stopages less everything else.

Agree....more band and less other music... can't even talk in the upper tier let alone most of us in our group hear it as irritating.
Play music that people who are paying a lot of the freight (season ticket holders) and older fans can identify with...........

Reaction Score
I will respond just as I did last year until they get it right. Fewer hokie promotions. Less speaker music, except on third down. More coordination with band. The team entrance is a disaster...speaker music followed by band music and the two play over each other. I think fundamentally, the school needs to figure out if it wants a college or pro game day experience. We're somewhere in between right now and it doesn't work.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's a logistical nightmare to come through that tunnel in an organized fashion. The pregame show is fine. The problem isn't with the show. Its with the lack of people there to observe it.

This is as rose colored homer a response as could be constructed. It's boring, has too many disruptions, too much chamber music and generally lacks any enthusiasm. Compare it to any big time band pregame and you'll notice it immediately. But, it's so good that nobody watches it. It's a Yankee Conference effort. During the game, they are great. The half-times are generally good. The pre-game flat out stinks.

If the FB needs to step up it's game then so does the band. If that means more scholarships, a new director, then that's what should happen. And just to be specific, the waddle out to the block C, stinks. the lull that is the America the Beautiful leading up the the Battle Hymn of the Republic while patriotic is a disjointed mess.

Hit the field playing FB pump up music. Roll through the fight song, the alma mater, BHOTR, the national anthem, and the team intro. Keep the formations interesting. It's not that hard. Give Youtube a look if you need help.

As for marching out of the tunnel, don't be stupid. It can be done.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Bring back the high school bands. At least you'll add a couple hundred classmates and families of the bands.

My son was in the Cheshire marching band, Cheshire being Pasqualoni's alma mater. The band was invited to perform at half time and half the school was planning to attend. However, we ended up on ESPN's Game Day instead. But, the point remains - bring in some local interest, maybe even schools with recruits of interest?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They had high school band day this year.

Reaction Score
This is LOL funny, but again no slander as you are obviously young. Next season simply buy your tickets in another corner away from that section. Obviously you could never take the pressure of being at an away game but should understand that some day you will be upset because you cannot see your team play one live because they limit away fans. :confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:

WOW not rocket science here...There were empty seats in the upper level of every section this year! We did not sell out a single game! The size of the away section is not the problem.
As for being in your seat by the time team intros take place that is just a few minutes before kick off. Drink up and get in sooner because you will probably be the first one to bitch when they have to raise ticket prices to have more security to open more gates. Obviously I say to drink up and move sooner because you think we have turnstiles to open. There are none at our stadium . :D
You got an extra hour to tailgate this year so it should be no problem getting in half hour earlier. Kind of reminds me of a technician that worked for me. He was scheduled to worked at 8am but would show up at 8:20 everyday. I told him since he couldn't get to work on time I would change his start time to 9am. He said that would be great. He then showed up at 9:20 every day. I took care of that problem by retiring. Somebody elses problem now. lol

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Best way to get students in the stadium: Get dozens of grills going behind the gate and give out free food ONCE they enter the game. Dogs, burgers, chicken.

It's science

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
58444714.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Best way to get students in the stadium: Get dozens of grills going behind the gate and give out free food ONCE they enter the game. Dogs, burgers, chicken.

It's science

I'm a little surprised that official student tailgate clubs haven't propped up by now. Other schools have semi-permanent locations for these. A few even have infrastructure set aside like grills and covered awnings.

Reaction Score
It's a logistical nightmare to come through that tunnel in an organized fashion. The pregame show is fine. The problem isn't with the show. Its with the lack of people there to observe it.
Not the visitors tunnel that is made for vehicles to come down. But yes the lack of people to see it is the real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom