Help Us Improve Your Gameday Experience - UConn Football Season Ticket Holder Survey | The Boneyard

Help Us Improve Your Gameday Experience - UConn Football Season Ticket Holder Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just received via email...

FB15%20-%20STH%20Survey.jpg

survey%20footer.jpg

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Here's what I brain dumped in the last free form box.

I'm a UConn alumni and season ticket holder for 12 years. I'm a die hard fan of the football team and really wouldn't ever consider giving up my tickets- I love being able to bring my new son to games and bring him up a Husky fan. As for game day experience - overall, it's good. Winning cures all ills, and the Houston game was more exciting than any the last few years. While I (unfortunately) feel no specific connection to the teams in the AAC, the out of conference schedule is improving and we have a great home lineup next year. The Husky Walk has been a great addition to the game day experience. The hokey giveaways and contests are just that - hokey, and add no value to the experience. I'd personally rather hear the band or see the cheerleaders/dance team/twirlers during those interludes. I imagine this idea has been considered but if there is any way to have traffic exit to Forbes or Brewer streets, it might alleviate choke points on Silver Lane. Free Wi-Fi would be a great value add, or a temporary cell tower on game days to handle the additional phone traffic. Designating certain sections (lower corners?) as general admission may incentivize people to arrive early and get a good seat. Consider setting up the scoreboard end zone in a sports bar fashion similar to what the XL Center did - it's been a huge hit at the XL and I think it would be at the Rent as well. Thanks for sending out these surveys - fan feedback is key, and I appreciate you taking the time to reach out.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I already submitted my responses but if someone could take the survey and suggest a Season Tickets Holder only private wifi network that would be a fantastic benefit of being a Season Ticket Holder

Reaction Score
I already submitted my responses but if someone could take the survey and suggest a Season Tickets Holder only private wifi network that would be a fantastic benefit of being a Season Ticket Holder

done!

edited to add: I don't even own a cell phone (there are like 10 of us left on earth, I realize:))

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have a more reasoned response coming - but maybe on Saturday night we don't need the Friday night scores on the out of town scoreboard.

Reaction Score
More late season home games. Less hot sweaty games like the Villanova game.

Reaction Score
More late season home games. Less hot sweaty games like the Villanova game.
While I agree that football is best watched with a chill in the air, I have to imagine they draw more fans when the weather is warm.

Reaction Score
The biggest thing for me is the always late arriving crowd maybe if the tailgate time was longer people could do their thing and manage to be in their seat by kick off. Even with a 3:30 start people were trying to get through security halfway through the 1st quarter. I guess sustained winning may make people want to be in on time for the kick off. GO HUSKIES!!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I will have a lot to say on this survey when I have the time to write it. I think the 2015 improvements (extra hour tailgating, season ticket holder discount, keep your seat location, etc) were a very good start but I still feel more can be done. I think we all think that.

Reaction Score
Shrink the visitor section massively. Do something with the scoreboard area. Expedite the entrance process. More band during stopages less everything else.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It appears there's some new blood in the Marketing office. I got a similar survey for women's hoops plus am getting emails on football, basketball and hockey ticket deals. It's about time!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We need to try to initiate some kind of tradition in our student section--not something dumb and contrived, but something that inserts them into the gameday experience and makes them the focal point of the crowd. I really think that if there was a cool gameday tradition that took place at the end of the third quarter you could get more kids to stick around.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We need to try to initiate some kind of tradition in our student section--not something dumb and contrived, but something that inserts them into the gameday experience and makes them the focal point of the crowd. I really think that if there was a cool gameday tradition that took place at the end of the third quarter you could get more kids to stick around.
For women's hoops, they want us to do a slow clap, gradually getting faster then ending on one clap, together. There was a video with two players explaining how to do it. The crowd botched it, of course, but at least it was an attempt to get a gameday tradition started.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
For women's hoops, they want us to do a slow clap, gradually getting faster then ending on one clap, together. There was a video with two players explaining how to do it. The crowd botched it, of course, but at least it was an attempt to get a gameday tradition started.
That is hard for young folks, let alone the lady Hoop set, with far slower, albeit more sober, motor skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Winning and schedule. After that I thought they did fine this year. The season ticket holder hat was a great success. The tailgating was it's usual epic self. The front loaded home schedule kept the weather on the good side of the calendar.

The band needs a new program though. It's tired and doesn't add any juice to the place pre-game. They need to enter playing through the tunnel. Milling about and saying OK it's time to start the show isn't a very show biz entrance. The concert hall musical selections don't work in a stadium environment. They roam around the stadium getting everyone pumped up and then kill any momentum with the pregame show.

All efforts should be directed at getting the students to come back to the game, and stay. I think they should put the padding back on the dog pound wall. Small thing but thumping on it did get the student section engaged.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

The band plays a drumbeat to U...C...O....NN...U...C...O...NN...

Just revert back to that chant anytime there is a lull and you have what you are looking for. Save the "Red" style U-C-O-N-N, UCONN, UCONN, UCONN for TD's and other big moments.

Reaction Score
Shrink the visitor section massively. Do something with the scoreboard area. Expedite the entrance process. More band during stopages less everything else.
No attack here Boat but shrink the visitor section??? :confused: A couple of hundred people surrounded by empty seats bother you? Ticket sales have nothing to do with the size of the visitor section.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the entrance process if you enter the stadium 15/20 minutes before game time. The problem occurs because many possibly like yourself wait until the last minute to go in.
As for more band I agree 100%, for all the work they put in they should be able to more often let us hear what they have to offer! :)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
No attack here Boat but shrink the visitor section??? :confused: A couple of hundred people surrounded by empty seats bother you? Ticket sales have nothing to do with the size of the visitor section.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the entrance process if you enter the stadium 15/20 minutes before game time. The problem occurs because many possibly like yourself wait until the last minute to go in.
As for more band I agree 100%, for all the work they put in they should be able to more often let us hear what they have to offer! :)

I'm all for shrinking the visitors section because I'm in the next section over from them...sometimes hard to be polite when I'm at my home stadium and have visiting fans screaming right across the aisle

Reaction Score
My responses. Mostly good. Wifi/cell is useless. Incentives to get more students to the game and to stay until the end.
Stop the pa music before the band starts playing. Shouldn't be to hard to coordinate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom