HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's abundantly clear from this presser is Randy is a competent individual, he's not throwing out ridiculous lines, his words are genuine, his connection to the school and its players is genuine. He clearly wants to win here because it means something to him. That's something you can't undervalue. Whether or not he actually can go out and put the product on the field remains to be seen. But I'm confident he'll at the very least bring the program back to respectability. No more energy vampires, no more fantasy rivalry trophies, no more offensive schemes from the 1970s, no more absurd press conferences after a game that make you wonder if his eyes are working - no more embarrassment.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is going to be a long off season. We need to keep a list of all the people that hated the Randy hire, I have a feeling that it'll be useful in the future.

Reaction Score
If I'm a current commit and he hasn't called me yet, I'm a ittle concerned by his answer about recruits
While it's not the fault of the kids who have signed already, is there really anyone in the current incoming class who's so good we can't let them go? I don't follow recruiting much at all, but the bits and pieces I did see indicated we were singing guys whose other options were essentially FCS schools or UMass.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I was very concerned about his answer. Its in the middle of the dead period and he said he talked to recruits?
I may have misheard.. or misstated.. can you reach out without talking?

Reaction Score
Also, for those who care... blue tie!
What'd PP wear? Orange? Fiasco? Cranberry, or Nantucket Red? Herbst? Dookie blue! From the looks of it, HCRE2 was sporting a National Flag Blue and White Huskies' mascot tie. Moving onward, and upward.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I was very concerned about his answer. Its in the middle of the dead period and he said he talked to recruits?
That's a good point.
I would assume we didn't break any rules.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If I'm a current commit and he hasn't called me yet, I'm a ittle concerned by his answer about recruits
That was an interesting answer. I though coaches were not allowed to talk to any recruits during the blackout period. Did Randy just admit to a violation?

That's it boys. No one can say UConn is not Big Time now. We've got a scandal brewin'!!

Reaction Score
Think honest in that he did not watch and study tape rather than give a BS answer. Guess days of hearing the constant BS about so and so (pick a name) is best player in country are officially over, thankfully.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

All incoming coaches say they'll want to evaluate the previous regime's recruits. I'd guess the vast majority keep their offers though.

One thing I am happy about is that Edsall always recruits go-getters. Under the radar guys that have a ton of heart. Will be nice to see that back on the field.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
That was an interesting answer. I though coaches were not allowed to talk to any recruits during the blackout period. Did Randy just admit to a violation?

That's it boys. No one can say UConn is not Big Time now. We've got a scandal brewin'!!
Did Matt set him up?

;-)

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

I believe that schools can't contact players, but if a player contacts a coach/school, they are allowed to talk. So my guess is that many of the current recruits were eager to touch base with HCRE. At least, that is my hope.
:)

Reaction Score
I may have misheard.. or misstated.. can you reach out without talking?
You can reply to a call/email etc from a recruit. The coach can't initiate contact but if the recruit calls you you can speak with him. At least that was the rule.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Wow. Watched the whole presser and loved what I heard. I'd say "welcome back" coach, but I think "welcome home" says it much better. Very happy with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom