HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm comforted by all of the positive comments. I get the feeling I won't be throwing things at the TV anymore.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Was there any comments about scheme? Since DB seemed to push the need for points, I was hoping RE shared his thoughts on what was important offensively? I guess the safe answer is ..."I need to see the talent first"..but I keep hoping there will be an emphasis on putting an entertaining product on the field.
said scheme doesn't matter if you cant execute fundamentals of blocking, tackling, catching and throwing, etc...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
LOVE the fact he actually speaks the language we all understand... The last 3 years were tough to deal with when it came to that.

Diaco's hire reminds me of some of the hires (useless ones) at the company I work at... They so looked the part, very sociable, for the image conscious folks, but when it was about the work output and results... Yikes!

He speaks our language because we speak his language. The program grew up using his terminology.

Reaction Score
Was there any comments about scheme? Since DB seemed to push the need for points, I was hoping RE shared his thoughts on what was important offensively? I guess the safe answer is ..."I need to see the talent first"..but I keep hoping there will be an emphasis on putting an entertaining product on the field.
No. He mentioned the game has changed, offenses are more wide open, but stressed the need to be able to block, run, tackle, catch, the usual Edsall fundamentals emphasis.

I know people think Edsall refuses to throw the ball, but that simply isn't true. When he trusted the QB he let Dan O throw the ball all over.

Reaction Score
I had mixed feelings about bringing back Edsall. After watching the press conference I am totally onboard. I really believe he is sincere and really wanted THIS job. It was so good to hear the way he emphasized that no matter what your offensive and defensive schemes are, you can't win without consistently doing the fundamentals well - blocking, catching, etc, etc - This team needs that medicine.

Reaction Score
I'm comforted by all of the positive comments. I get the feeling I won't be throwing things at the TV anymore.
Oh you probably will be. Just not as often. And You just won't want them to bounce back and destroy your eyeballs anymore.

Reaction Score
He did say the game has more passing and more spread formations and then threw in the comment about still needing blocking, assignments, etc.
And the original comment still holds true, no matter what the offense du jour of the time is. If your O Line can't block, your defense can't tackle, your receivers can't catch, and your QB can't throw, it doesn't matter what your offensive philosophy is.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
As long as it doesn't entail deliberately tanking his entire first season in order to evaluate personnel, I'll trust that DandyRandy has a viable and sane plan in mind to turn this train wreck around.
yeah i think so too - was typing in jest based on our recent exxperience with process and process partners

Reaction Score
You probably will, but it won't be because they went for it on 4th and 12 from the 13 in the second quarter down 7-0, or because we couldn't effectively run two plays in ~20 seconds.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Hey, Diaco never shed a tear or got emotional (at least rationally) about UConn Football or this program before! Let's do this!!! #GetREady4Randy

Reaction Score
I'm about the same age as Edsall..and over the last 10-15 years I've learned a few things that I wasn't really capable of learning when I was younger:
  • I've learned to listen carefully and acknowledge folks input.
  • I've learned I don't need to do it all myself.
  • Ego is necessary, but if you lose control of it you pay a big price.
  • I readily acknowledge mistakes and I try to dwell on them only long enough to learn how not to repeat them.
  • I've learned life is short and money is pretty far down the list as to what will make you happy (especially if you already have a few bucks).
This thing feels right. It's going to take a little time, but this guy will get this program back on track. I really believe he cares.....I really do!
Wisdom with time

Reaction Score
I'll tell you one thing. Those of us that were on the fence about this (me included, was an "eh" move for me at first), there should be no doubt that he is the right hire right now. There's NOBODY, absolutely nobody, that would've been as dedicated and as emotionally invested in this as HCRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom