Hawkins | The Boneyard

Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3-22 in the last 4 games. Should he still be getting more minutes? I mean he’s very productive while on the floor! Do we leave him out there for longer? Maybe we can build a new arena with all the bricks he’s throwing up. Sorry guys I forgot, he’s the second coming of Ray Allen and deserves high praise for the way he glides down the floor.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
3-22 in the last 4 games. Should he still be getting more minutes? I mean he’s very productive while on the floor! Do we leave him out there for longer? Maybe we can build a new arena with all the bricks he’s throwing up. Sorry guys I forgot, he’s the second coming of Ray Allen and deserves high praise for the way he glides down the floor.
I’d be more concerned with the lack of develop from upperclassmen who get more minutes than him

Reaction Score
Now that BE play has started, I think the lineup will be shortened. That will be the case for most teams.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He has been playing poorly. It makes me wonder why he gets such a long leash and Diggins and Samson get little to no run.
Bottom line for me, if we can win and he or they can get development time, it's a win win.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He has been playing poorly. It makes me wonder why he gets such a long leash and Diggins and Samson get little to no run.
Two reasons I think: (1) Tyrese was out, which opened up a spot for him; and (2) he must be doing well enough in practice to earn the minutes he's getting.

I think he was in contention for a starting position before the season started, but the ankle injury set him back, and AJax emerged in the meantime.

Reaction Score
Put me in the "it's weird to talk shirt about 18 year olds" camp
Agree. That is why I keep my comments about him as needing confidence. He is still 18 or maybe just turned 19. Let’ s critique his play not bash the kid. When people critique that is a form of positive reinforcement.

Reaction Score
He’s got some size, maybe he can try to get the ball down low or take it more to the basket. Would like to see him get some FTs. His handle is looking better.

Reaction Score
When you're advertised by other players as a sniper, its fair to criticize 3-22, and, its fair to lose minutes when your other contributions are Polley-like. Loss of minutes coincides with Martin's return and excellent play as well as Jackson's effectiveness, so it is unclear that performance = reduced minutes. I'm okay with giving him enough game time to see if it's a 'good' day, but I would also be okay with cameo appearances by Johnson and Diggins and Gaffney. If a guy is effective that game, give him a few minutes. If he isn't, you are stealing a couple minutes of rest for a starter and can move on. It seems Cole, Martin, and Jackson are going to be 35 min players when healthy and not in foul trouble. (If I recall correctly, Hawkins 3 shots were consecutive over a couple minute time span)

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
this is overwhelmingly BY worthy
He’s fine, his minutes have shrunk so he probably feels the pressure to perform every second he’s in the court which causes him to press and rush his shots a lot….he’s gonna be a star when he has enough time to gain confidence and settle in.
sensitivity to pressure could be a problem. he better get over it or he will never become the go to guy
When you're advertised by other players as a sniper, its fair to criticize 3-22, and, its fair to lose minutes when your other contributions are Polley-like. Loss of minutes coincides with Martin's return and excellent play as well as Jackson's effectiveness, so it is unclear that performance = reduced minutes. I'm okay with giving him enough game time to see if it's a 'good' day, but I would also be okay with cameo appearances by Johnson and Diggins and Gaffney. If a guy is effective that game, give him a few minutes. If he isn't, you are stealing a couple minutes of rest for a starter and can move on. It seems Cole, Martin, and Jackson are going to be 35 min players when healthy and not in foul trouble. (If I recall correctly, Hawkins 3 shots were consecutive over a couple minute time span)
yes

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yes, he’s going through some woes right now.

Yes, he should play.

If you can’t see the huge potential in Hawkins, and don’t understand that you need to play these type of freshmen and that freshmen are going to go through struggles, and we don’t have other offensive options there, then I’m not sure we’re following the same basketball team.

Reaction Score
Be nice to see him work on his mid-range game. He is still floating on the perimeter. We need him if we are to make a big jump as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom