Hawkins Drafted #14 to New Orleans Pelicans with the last pick in the lottery. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hawkins Drafted #14 to New Orleans Pelicans with the last pick in the lottery.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
People doubt when I tell them Boston is UConn country. Article at the top of Boston.com is "UConn's Jordan Hawkins heads to New Orleans". Now why would Boston.com care that much?

Reaction Score

Bilas has lost me. Not a good defender? How many breakaways did Hawk chase down and block or stop? I saw him step up and get in guys' grills many times. It's lazy to just see him as a shooter and not recognize the defense the kid played when he was also putting in the effort he was on offense to get his shots. Bad take, Jay. Bad take.

Reaction Score
Bilas has lost me. Not a good defender? How many breakaways did Hawk chase down and block or stop? I saw him step up and get in guys' grills many times. It's lazy to just see him as a shooter and not recognize the defense the kid played when he was also putting in the effort he was on offense to get his shots. Bad take, Jay. Bad take.

In Jay’s defense he’s been mailing it in for years.

Reaction Score
What a great day for UConn - Hurley extension and Hawkins going at 14. Amazing to think where we were a few years ago to now.
From playin Tulsa and East Carolina to THIS? We need a 30 for 30 LOL

Reaction Score
People doubt when I tell them Boston is UConn country. Article at the top of Boston.com is "UConn's Jordan Hawkins heads to New Orleans". Now why would Boston.com care that much?

I flew outta Logan last month to go to florida and i thought i was doing something with my UCONN hoodie and socks, 70 percent of the airport had UCONN gear on LOL

Reaction Score
Go check out the tweets from Woj and Shams about Hawk being drafted 14th. It seems like it ripped the hearts out of Lakers fans. Many really really wanted him and were upset about the player they drafted.

Reaction Score
Go check out the tweets from Woj and Shams about Hawk being drafted 14th. It seems like it ripped the hearts out of Lakers fans. Many really really wanted him and were upset about the player they drafted.
Lakers Twitter (which to be fair is one of the most toxic fanhoods on the internet) REALLY wanted Cam Whitmore. Hawkins would have fit in really nicely with them. Frankly he’d probably be the best shooter on the team Day 1. A sharpshooter who knows how to move and get open, and who doesn’t need the ball in his hands often would play so well with Lebron

But the Pelicans are a good fit too. Desperately need shooting and they unlocked Trey Murphy late in the season. They clearly recognize the value of the three pointer now, and there’s plenty of minutes available in the backcourt as CJ gets older

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom