Hawkins Drafted #14 to New Orleans Pelicans with the last pick in the lottery. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hawkins Drafted #14 to New Orleans Pelicans with the last pick in the lottery.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hope he leaves NO as fast as possible. I do not see them winning too much for years. But, there are worse places to be a multi millionaire.

Eh, New Orleans is fun to visit but is really depressed area that smells. Viloent crime is tops on teh countey too for per capita.

Zion did it right. Get hurt, get paid, stay home and get fat.

Fortunately Hawk should be able to live in the nicer areas.

Reaction Score
They should put this quote up in Werth for recruits and their parents. Hurley isn't into self promotion but I bet the moms of recruits would eat this up.

"He's been everything to me," Hawkins said of Hurley. "I love that guy to death. He helped me so much with my career, the two years I was with him. I'm really grateful for him."

Reaction Score
They should put this quote up in Werth for recruits and their parents. Hurley isn't into self promotion but I bet the moms of recruits would eat this up.

"He's been everything to me," Hawkins said of Hurley. "I love that guy to death. He helped me so much with my career, the two years I was with him. I'm really grateful for him."

Hurley is a man of his word. He said Jordan will be the first round pick and he committed to working with him and making it reality for the kid, not just on court but off court as well.

The carpenter!

Reaction Score
Swin is VP of Basketball Operations and Team Development for the Pelicans

Jordan’s cousin Angel Reese plays for nearby LSU

Amazing that we only saw a glimpse of what type of player he could be. I mean we saw it in spurts but hes going to develop into something special in the league. It sucks he went to NO but hes going to be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Here’s a fun 2 minutes

That first clip is wild. I don't think I've ever seen it from that angle. It's literally 3 Gonzaga jerseys solely focused on stopping Hawkins. They did everything right - chased him off the line after the first screen, bumped down to tag him cutting to the hoop, went over the second screen to be in position on the shot, had a solid contest. Money anyways.

Reaction Score
Complete steal for pelicans. Miller at 2? come on really. Hawkins is a big time player. Super quick athletic stop and pop. I am wearing some I love uconn glasses but Hawkins is the man. Hawkins is definition of NBA today. We will recruit guys saying you could be next Hawkins.

Reaction Score
The Pelicans started last season 24-12. But injuries etc started making a dent and the season went downhill. But suppose they are no big injuries and add Hawk to the mix.

Reaction Score
didn’t read the thread; but with CJ , you’re along one of the greatest scorers in the NBA

Reaction Score
Wow, did not know Trajan Langdon is pelican GM. He and the other dude heaped all praises on JHawk. Coming from a Dookie. Apparently J-Hawk killed it in the workouts with Pelicans. This was a done deal long time ago. I was wondering why it’s so quiet about Hawk approaching NBA draft night.

Reaction Score
Wow, did not know Trajan Langdon is pelican GM. He and the other dude heaped all praises on JHawk. Coming from a Dookie. Apparently J-Hawk killed it in the workouts with Pelicans. This was a done deal long time ago. I was wondering why it’s so quiet about Hawk approaching NBA draft night.

Yeah the 99 Duke team has both he and Elton Brand as NBA GMs.

Feels like Emeka could be a GM if he wanted to be.

Reaction Score
Yeah the 99 Duke team has both he and Elton Brand as NBA GMs.

Feels like Emeka could be a GM if he wanted to be.
I see Karaban as a future GM with his major/minor (I forgot what it is, but remember it relating)

Reaction Score
Thankfully it was not Charlotte! Albeit, MJ just sold his majority position there, so perhaps it will get better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom