Hawkins DNP 2nd half vs DePaul? | The Boneyard

Hawkins DNP 2nd half vs DePaul?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he was injured? He seemed fine up until literally the last second of the first half when they pulled him for that last play of the game.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he was injured? He seemed Gina up until literally the last second of the first half when they pulled him for that last play of the game.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he was injured? He seemed fine up until literally the last second of the first half when they pulled him for that last play of the game.
I know he left the game because he was bleeding above his eye. Not sure if that's why he didn't play in the 2nd half though

Reaction Score
I know he left the game because he was bleeding above his eye. Not sure if that's why he didn't play in the 2nd half though
I saw that too. Seems unlikely that is the reason, but I guess we will have to wait to find out.

Reaction Score
Don't think he was injured - frankly, did he deserve any minutes in the 2nd half? He simply is not ready to make meaningful contributions. Awful pass that resulted in a turnover in the corner. Didn't jump at all on a potential rebound, allowing the Depaul player to easily grab the rebound. Missed wide open 3s - supposedly his strength. At this point, what does he offer that Polley doesn't?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Don't think he was injured - frankly, did he deserve any minutes in the 2nd half? He simply is not ready to make meaningful contributions. Awful pass that resulted in a turnover in the corner. Didn't jump at all on a potential rebound, allowing the Depaul player to easily grab the rebound. Missed wide open 3s - supposedly his strength. At this point, what does he offer that Polley doesn't?
Did you watch the game? There were two players that showed up.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Both of his missed 3pt shots were halfway down but missed. His game is fine for a freshman, just hoping his eye/head is fine. We'll need him to contribute in our upcoming gauntlet portion of the schedule.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? There were two players that showed up.
Yes - I watched the game. Watched all the games this season actually. Even went to a few of them. What's your point that only 2 players showed up to play today? The question was why didn't Hawkins play in the second half today. I gave my thoughts as to why he didn't play today - because he didn't do anything in the first half to deserve any minutes in the 2nd half. Frankly, outside of the Auburn game, let me know what he has done to deserve the minutes that he has received this season. While you are at it - answer this simple question: has fhe Maryland player of the year lived up to expecations?

Reaction Score
You mean our next lottery pick??

This ____ is so obnoxious. Especially from a “fan” of the program.

Do you not see the kid’s potential? Do you really think it’s insane that A YEAR from now, with an entire off season to mature, to get stronger, to work on his game that he couldn’t be a lottery pick? It doesn’t seem far fetched in the slightest to me. The kid has an absolute __ ton of potential. The impulse from some fans to bend over backwards to __ on a kid makes no sense to me.

Reaction Score

Do you not see the kid’s potential? Do you really think it’s insane that A YEAR from now, with an entire off season to mature, to get stronger, to work on his game that he couldn’t be a lottery pick? It doesn’t seem far fetched in the slightest to me. The kid has an absolute __ ton of potential. The impulse from some fans to bend over backwards to __ on a kid makes no sense to me.
Exactly this. Hawkins has looked excellent at times - and at other times, he's shown his inexperience. He also seems to lose confidence at times. I trust this will all be resolved with time.

Reaction Score

I see a kid that is scared out of his mind. That’s what I see. I’ve never seen someone so highly touted so fragile come into this program. Obviously I would love to see him succeed. But the hype has FAR outweighed the results so far.

Objectively, what had this kid shown that makes him an NBA pick?? Saying that doesn’t not make me a fan of the program. He’s averaging 7 points on 38% shooting. Hardly lock straight to NBA numbers.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Handle

Hawk was bad last night, so was Polly (and Martin, Sanogo, Akok, Whaley and Gaffney was Gaffney)

Cole was awesome, Jackson had a good stat line, Adama showed up for the 2nd half.

Yet we won on the road

:cool:

Reaction Score
Handle

Hawk was bad last night, so was Polly (and Martin, Sanogo, Akok, Whaley and Gaffney was Gaffney)

Cole was awesome, Jackson had a good stat line, Adama showed up for the 2nd half.

Yet we won on the road

:cool:
Hawkins has terrible handles right now.

I like his hustle on d lately and he was unlucky his threes weren’t falling yesterday but Polley is definitely contributing more at this point, easy decision for the second half.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yes - I watched the game. Watched all the games this season actually. Even went to a few of them. What's your point that only 2 players showed up to play today? The question was why didn't Hawkins play in the second half today. I gave my thoughts as to why he didn't play today - because he didn't do anything in the first half to deserve any minutes in the 2nd half. Frankly, outside of the Auburn game, let me know what he has done to deserve the minutes that he has received this season. While you are at it - answer this simple question: has fhe Maryland player of the year lived up to expecations?
Yes he has. He’s a freshmen. I’m not holding him to the same level of criticism the upper class gets. He missed his threes and Martin, went 3-10 all layups. The game was an absolute poopshow.

While we’re at it - answer this simple question: has Polley, a fifth year senior, and gaffney, a junior, improved and lived up to expectations?

Did Polley hit wide open threes which are supposedly his strength? In 19 minutes, 3 points and 3 rebounds, 0-4 for three.

You’re going to call out Hawkins for defense when Gaffney plays a combination of James Harden and a matador. He’s got quick sand on defense. He played ten minutes and got 3 points and 1 rebound.

All three are essentially a statistical tie.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley is making him earn his minutes. Love it.
Doesn’t seem to be hitting his three’s like he was earlier in the season, either from the corner or the rest of the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Yes he has. He’s a freshmen. I’m not holding him to the same level of criticism the upper class gets. He missed his threes and Martin, went 3-10 all layups. The game was an absolute poopshow.

While we’re at it - answer this simple question: has Polley, a fifth year senior, and gaffney, a junior, improved and lived up to expectations?

Did Polley hit wide open threes which are supposedly his strength? In 19 minutes, 3 points and 3 rebounds, 0-4 for three.

You’re going to call out Hawkins for defense when Gaffney plays a combination of James Harden and a matador. He’s got quick sand on defense. He played ten minutes and got 3 points and 1 rebound.

All three are essentially a statistical tie.

Thank you for this reply. He missed his 3s so did everyone else but RJ. He got beat on D just like Gaff every play. He boxed a guy out once nicely only to jump to the ball too fast and not hold his position so we lost that rebound. Bad game he’s a freshman the other guys a junior. 3 of his threes looked good (the first was a rushed brick like Polleys first) so I would let him shoot anytime. He needs to move his feet better on D no doubt. But so many others were so dreadful let’s pick on the freshman that should be better right? Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom