Hawkins DNP 2nd half vs DePaul? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hawkins DNP 2nd half vs DePaul?

Reaction Score
On a team that was not NCAA bound I would just play Hawkins at least 30 minutes a game because game experience would be good for him. We can’t afford to do that.

Reaction Score
If Hawkins' handle is getting him to the NBA I wouldn't want to be his agent. He's got a lot going for him as a player but as a combo guard his current handle is atrocious, not sure what games you're watching.
Polley seems like a poor mans Rashad Anderson. If Hawkins ends up just a poor mans Ray Allen, I’ll take it. But I’d much rather hope he’s a Ray in the making.

Reaction Score
I don't get mad when Hawkins makes mistakes because he oozes with talent and needs to be given as many minutes as the team can spare to get him game reps. There aren't many freshmen that come along that force you to scan the 5 on the floor out of each stoppage to see if they are in the game. If you think this team can make a deep March run without him contributing you haven't watched most of the games vs. worthy opponents. On a team that is much more comfortable, even going out of it's way, to play painfully close games vs. good teams, he's the wild card that can blow games open if given the opportunity. If you think this team turned the corner by blowing out Butler and Georgetown and can now shrink its bench for an absurdly crowded stretch of basketball, you don't really know this team.
Akok is big man foul trouble insurance and may get decent match ups against some teams. Polley and Hawkins need some run because they can hang a bunch of points on an opponent in a hurry. Gaffney backs up Cole and just needs play within himself. Does a pretty good job at the line. I wouldn’t shorten the bench, but continue to get kids minutes earned in practice.

Reaction Score
Polley seems like a poor mans Rashad Anderson. If Hawkins ends up just a poor mans Ray Allen, I’ll take it. But I’d much rather hope he’s a Ray in the making.

Stop

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he was injured? He seemed fine up until literally the last second of the first half when they pulled him for that last play of the game.

No he’s just terrible

Reaction Score
So in desperation Hurley told Hawkins just to jack it in the last 3 minutes. Even contested he made 3’s, scored 9 points. Why isn’t he an offensive option during the game? He can score.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So in desperation Hurley told Hawkins just to jack it in the last 3 minutes. Even contested he made 3’s, scored 9 points. Why isn’t he an offensive option during the game? He can score.

Because there are games where he's tried the same thing and missed all those shots, along with turning the ball over on other possessions.

As frustrating as this game was, Hawkins showed some real toughness and that's a great sign moving forward.

Reaction Score

He can’t dribble. He got stripped from behind which was predictable and embarrassing. It was nice seeing him hit a few threes against the backup guards on Nova though.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He can’t dribble. He got stripped from behind which was predictable and embarrassing. It was nice seeing him hit a few threes against the backup guards on Nova though.
At least he was able to hit the threes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom