Hawkins declares for NBA Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hawkins declares for NBA Draft

Reaction Score
My pro comparison for Hawkins is Reggie Lewis.
I still like Ray Allen due to the shot and similar Athletes. Remember Ray had some serious ups too. Both had limited handling though Allen seem to driver more.

Reaction Score
I think he’ll have an Anthony Morrow type of impact immediately. I think as he develops he’ll grow into MUCH more than that

Reaction Score
I still don’t get why all mocks have Gradey Dick higher than Hawkins. Other than height, Hawkins is a better shooter/tougher shot maker, more athletic, a better defender, and has a much higher ceiling.
The workouts before the draft will prove that

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I firmly believe an NBA team's staff has the capability to get him some strength and conditioning
Haha… Agreed.

Reaction Score
Thank you Hawk, what a thrill and pleasure watching you this year. True husky, warrior bleeding blue. Your home forever.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It’s hard to beat the Ray comp for him. Down to his height and the smoothness of his shot.

Reaction Score
Congrats to him. He deserves it. I was once dead set against early out but I would hate to have him hurt himself during the last two years eligibility and lose out on a lucrative NBA career.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Last year if you'd told me Hawk was going pro with a good shot at becoming a lottery pick... then I would have guessed the team had a pretty great year thanks in large part to a lot of maturation and growth from Hawkins.

He exceeded my lofty expectations and was largely responsible for this team's success. Knocked down difficult shots from the perimeter with ease. Improved defensively. Improved handle and drives to the hoop. He earned everything.

Congrats, Jordan!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He will go higher than 15. I think he already knows that. I watched a lot of college basketball and recorded and watch almost every tournament game. I can’t speak for G league and that tall guy whose last name I will not try to spell but starts with W, but I did not see 10 better players in college than Hawk. He could be top ten. He is only going to get better. IMO he has one of the purist jump shots coming of a screens or spotting up that I have ever seen. I think his release point is higher than Allen’s since he looks to be longer. This kid is going to be an all star by his third year.

Reaction Score
Hawk,

Thank you for bringing home #5. You will be forever remembered in UCONN history. I wish you the best in the NBA. Go make us proud!!!

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I think he can have a JJ Reddick career, as faux pas as that is to say around here. And that’s not an insult.

Reactions: caw

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom