Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

Reaction Score
GM has been undermining KO and the program well before he was fired.

He was jealous of KO getting the head coaching position and then the huge contract. He sabotaged KO with the players and leaked innuendos about KO that circulated in this forum.

Like you I’m not absolving KO. He did things that contributed to the dismal seasons and gave Miller cover but imm Miller and Benedict played bigger roles in the downward spiral of the program.

Miller's last recruiting class included jackson dunham and gilbert along with vital and diarra. He was fired because he was told he could not recruit. Enoch went to Louisville, dunham notre dame, jackson was AAc rookie of the year and they all left when Miller was fired. MAL scurried over to Providence. All those programs were ahead of UCONN at that time in terms of their present squads and took those players. Gilbert probably had no where to go given his injury.

All the transferring players were interviewed by Benedict. He knows why they transferred and that is probably where this all started.

You don't have a mass exodus unless something was really bad.

Now it is. How did Miller cause that?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Miller's last recruiting class included jackson dunham and gilbert along with vital and diarra. He was fired because he was told he could not recruit. Enoch went to Louisville, dunham notre dame, jackson was AAc rookie of the year and they all left when Miller was fired. MAL scurried over to Providence.

This take seems excessively charitable to Miller.

Reaction Score
This take seems excessively charitable to Miller.

It is in response to the accusations that Miller would undermine KO and the program while he was coaching. Perhaps if KO was ten toes in, the loss of an assistant coach would never cause such an exodus. I think it speaks volumes as to how far adrift and detached KO was from his team.

Have you ever heard of three players and a recruit leaving because an assistant coach was fired?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It is in response to the accusations that Miller would undermine KO and the program while he was coaching. Perhaps if KO was ten toes in, the loss of an assistant coach would never cause such an exodus. I think it speaks volumes as to how far adrift and detached KO was from his team.

Have you ever heard of three players and a recruit leaving because an assistant coach was fired?

You've given zero evidence that Miller's firing was what prompted the exodus, yet you keep declaring that there was a causal relationship between the two. That doesn't cut it for me.

Reaction Score
Fair eno
You've given zero evidence that Miller's firing was what prompted the exodus, yet you keep declaring that there was a causal relationship between the two. That doesn't cut it for me.

Fair enough.....they all could have hated Ollie or wanted to be coached the way Vital has alluded too. He would have been the fourth and said he was considering it.

I think Benedict knows and that is when the scrutiny of Ollie's behavior heightened.

But you don't have that exodus of players unless something is very wrong......

Reaction Score
Hey auggie how did Herbst ruin the Athletic Department?

Senior executives are accountable for outcomes. On her watch we lost the last chopper out of Saigon, our revenue sports went into the shitter, our AD is a disorganized mess and we linger in the big-time athletic conversation by the virtues of a heavy taxpayer and student subsidy.

She cannot have it both ways - either athletics don’t matter and we are wasting tax payer money, or they do matter and she has failed in an important aspect of her job.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
But then August West, in a rat costume, will show up at some Happy Hour in WeHa and heckle him mercilessly.
I think he will be out of the state by then.or shortly after.

But no I wouldn't be happy if Kevin spilled.

This is a bad situation. And instead of ripping off the band aid, UConn started a process that will be 1000 slow cuts over a prolonged period of time. With both sides slow playing this and playing it so close to the vest that is really the only fact we currently have.

I mean it's almost July and we JUST got the cause " reasons"

Reaction Score
This is kinda similar to what Florida did to Jim McEwain, right?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
this is much more by the book than that one

Really? I mean, they got him on a nothing technicality. Not even an NCAA violation. That was so ridiculous it made me laugh.

The only reason it was settled, and not fought, is because JM's agent also happened to be the agent of the guy who would replace JM at Florida. He didn't want to rock the apple cart. Total conflict of interest, but still.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did I really read “Rat” in this discussion?

If so that is comical - this isn’t one of the 5 families or some other crime syndicate or some goofy elementary school playground.

Rules were being broken and Miller answered questions he was asked. Ollie should have been smart enough to (1) not break rules when the contract was zero tolerance (2) not get a divorce from the guy if he knows where the bodies are buried.

The fact remains that Ollie was woefully under qualified for the job that JC handed him and that revealed itself after a few years.
August watched a few episodes of The Sopranos and thinks he's Tony, in reality the only guys he takes after are AJ and Johnny Cakes.

Reaction Score
Scumbag. Cheese eating rat.

No doubt

And lol at your notion that the NCAA isn’t a crime syndicate. Why is the FBI involved?

So the employee that calls the EPA on the employer dumping chemicals in the Farmington River is a rat - you are entitled to your opinion no matter how incorrect it is.

The FBI is involved in payments to players and therefore bribery and fraud against 10 coaches and shoes companies -Not the NCAA - if I remember correctly.

Be smart - read your contract - don’t do things that violate it and then bitch when you get caught (how you get caught is meaningless).

I hope you guys aren’t ever a victim of a crime where a friends and witness is called to testify - because you for sure don’t want them telling the truth. I guess the witnesses and friends in the arson trial I was just on were wrong for saying giving their testimony.

And we wonder why we’re in the as a country.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
August watched a few episodes of The Sopranos and thinks he's Tony, in reality the only guys he takes after are AJ and Johnny Cakes.

If I were you I’d avoid any conversation about shows where those who welch on debts aren’t treated too kindly. @shizzle787

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Senior executives are accountable for outcomes. On her watch we lost the last chopper out of Saigon, our revenue sports went into the shitter, our AD is a disorganized mess and we linger in the big-time athletic conversation by the virtues of a heavy taxpayer and student subsidy.

She cannot have it both ways - either athletics don’t matter and we are wasting tax payer money, or they do matter and she has failed in an important aspect of her job.
What specifically do you think that she did or failed to do to cause us "to miss the last chopper?"

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So the employee that calls the EPA on the employer dumping chemicals in the Farmington River is a rat - you are entitled to your opinion no matter how incorrect it is.

The FBI is involved in payments to players and therefore bribery and fraud against 10 coaches and shoes companies -Not the NCAA - if I remember correctly.

Be smart - read your contract - don’t do things that violate it and then bitch when you get caught (how you get caught is meaningless).

I hope you guys aren’t ever a victim of a crime where a friends and witness is called to testify - because you for sure don’t want them telling the truth. I guess the witnesses and friends in the arson trial I was just on were wrong for saying giving their testimony.

And we wonder why we’re in the as a country.

Congratulations I don't even know where to start unpacking this mishegoss.

C

Chief00

Miller's last recruiting class included jackson dunham and gilbert along with vital and diarra. He was fired because he was told he could not recruit. Enoch went to Louisville, dunham notre dame, jackson was AAc rookie of the year and they all left when Miller was fired. MAL scurried over to Providence. All those programs were ahead of UCONN at that time in terms of their present squads and took those players. Gilbert probably had no where to go given his injury.

All the transferring players were interviewed by Benedict. He knows why they transferred and that is probably where this all started.

You don't have a mass exodus unless something was really bad.

Now it is. How did Miller cause that?

So you think Glen Miller led the recruiting on Vance Jackson rather than KO?

Gilbert was a Boo and KO guy.

Other than his fame tour of facilities, GM had little to do with Durham.

I will give GM credit for Diarra and an assist on Enoch. Too bad, GM stunk at being a Bigs coach and these guys will develop better elsewhere.

Agree on KO causing exodus with GM also undermining him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

How quickly we change the narrative. The season before the defections KO was accused of being harsh to his players not detached. The accusation of detachment developed this past season.

A source told me two things. First, while KO tried various things to light a fire under those players who ended up leaving Glen would take the opposite approach. If one coach is telling a player you don’t play unless you push yourself in practice and value playing defense and another implies something else the players will always take the side of the authority who gives them an easier path. The end result was without a united front the players with a poor work ethic resented KO while players like Rodney supported KO.

I thought it was a philosophical difference between two coaches and discounted the second thing the person stated which was that Glen could be underhanded. Outside of this source and Chief I heard nothing else to substantiate that assertion. After reading the accusations in the report I no longer doubt the underhanded nature of GM.

I tried to come up with an explanation as to why Glen supported JC about the need for working hard in practice and valuing defense but not KO and the best explanation I came up was resentment.

C

Chief00

Fair assessment. I do like many things DB has done to share things up.

C

Chief00

How quickly we change the narrative. The season before the defections KO was accused of being harsh to his players not detached. The accusation of detachment developed this past season.

A source told me two things. First, while KO tried various things to light a fire under those players who ended up leaving Glen would take the opposite approach. If one coach is telling a player you don’t play unless you push yourself in practice and value playing defense and another implies something else the players will always take the side of the authority who gives them an easier path. The end result was without a united front the players with a poor work ethic resented KO while players like Rodney supported KO.

I thought it was a philosophical difference between two coaches and discounted the second thing the person stated which was that Glen could be underhanded. Outside of this source and Chief I heard nothing else to substantiate that assertion. After reading the accusations in the report I no longer doubt the underhanded nature of GM.

I tried to come up with an explanation as to why Glen supported JC about the need for working hard in practice and valuing defense but not KO and the best explanation I came up was resentment.

Bingo. Your source sounds insightful to me. Sometimes it takes awhile but maybe Chief wasn’t so wrong after-all about Glen?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Bingo. Your source sounds insightful to me. Sometimes it takes awhile but maybe Chief wasn’t so wrong after-all about Glen?
In fairness to Glen, the way his firing was handled it would make any of us bitter, something you also pointed out.

Did KO make the decision to fire Glen on his own or did DB have a hand in this?

Reaction Score

So Miller gets fired and last years team is all KO and the "Chill" team. Did they look like they were coached up on defense and working hard in practice. Hurley's assessment was they were soft and out of shape. Vital agreed. But yet you and Chief think it was Miller's resentment that lingered over a team he was not coaching? It was all on KO. Nothing to do with Miller.

KO wanted to run a pro style offense. Not the offense that won him a NC. It did not work. Players did not respond in a positive fashion. They needed to be coached up like Hurley is doing and Adams and Vital agree.

KO wanted "Chill" to get him one and done style players. None of Chill's relationships with any Washington players or recruits panned out. They went to Missouri, Cincinnati or elsewhere.

The team was unwatchable. It lacked effort. There was no defense. And none of that has anything to do with Miller.

In a perfect world KO should have gotten another year due to Gilbert and Diarra's injuries and that Dunham needed a year to get back after his surgeries. But he did not because of the exodus.

KO fired Miller all on his own. Last years results did not show any improvement at all with Miller gone. It was the opposite.

KO was accountable for the team. His blaming Miller was just bad karma and he brought this on himself all by himself.

Reaction Score
1. They are giving away football home games to net $1M. They don't have $10 to spend on an ex coach
2. Seeking to be paid for a job you are no longer doing is disgraceful. Why should Ollie get any money after being fired from a job he was bad at? The fairest outcome would be if he paid back the salary from last year.
3. What is "all this"? Nobody will care about this. By self reporting and firing the coach who committed the violations UConn reduces any impact from the violations.

So if you got fired or laid off you would tell the company "no I don't want a week of pay for each year I've worked here"?

Would you collect unemployment??

Reaction Score
So help me out her Whaler. How is paying someone $10M that they are entitled to a good strategy for a cash strapped athletic department? That's the kind of decision that gets people fired.

That's kind of his point. Everyone is on here calling GM a rat, and ignoring that the admin here is just as, if not more "weasel-ish". It's not that paying the $10m is a good strategy, it's that the way they went about it stinks. And their motivation is solely trying to cover their own asses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom