Has P. dug a hole that UConn can never get out of? | The Boneyard

Has P. dug a hole that UConn can never get out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has been surrealistly awful. It defies description.

Has he brought the program to such a black hole that it can never reemerge? Will it take two years? Ten Years? Fifty? Longer?

Has he brought the program to a place where they are Indiana or Duke or URI? The lack of accountability for the last three years says that UConn doesn't really care about football.

The real scary question is whether the basketball and other athletic programs will become collateral damage in this mess.

Reaction Score
If we attract a pool of HC candidates as pathetic as last time yes it will.

Reaction Score
Do you remember a man named Steve Kragthorpe?

Exactly this. It is amazing what an inspired hire with the ability to motivate can do. Put the right guy, one who has fire, and can just make even the most rudimentary adjustments, and see what happens. There are enough players that this team can compete for bowl births in the near future. However, every minute this coaching staff remains, the worse that gets.

Reaction Score
2 million a year will fetch you a good coach, were close to that already. Don't go shopping off the clearance rack and don't go hiring a nearly 70 year old retread who was fired from his last HC job.

Reaction Score
Exactly this. It is amazing what an inspired hire with the ability to motivate can do. Put the right guy, one who has fire, and can just make even the most rudimentary adjustments, and see what happens. There are enough players that this team can compete for bowl births in the near future. However, every minute this coaching staff remains, the worse that gets.

Yeah, but P. did it when conference re-alignment was in play.

Reaction Score
I think the talent is there. We used our coaching mulligan though, next hire needs to be a good one.

The talent is there, huh? Where? They have been physically man handled by Buffalo and Towson.

I despise this coach with every ounce of fiber in my body. But these players play soft.

Reaction Score
For 2013? Yeah. For the rest of eternity? Hell no.

We could be. How is the new coach going to attract good recruits after this disaster of a year when all our regional competitors are now in the Big Ten and ACC?

Not good.

Reaction Score
This may take a few years gents, I am an optimist but holy we just got our doors blown off by Buffalo.

Reaction Score
The talent is there, huh? Where? They have been physically man handled by Buffalo and Towson.

I despise this coach with every ounce of fiber in my body. But these players play soft.
Strength and conditioning, what's the deal with that?

Reaction Score
If we attract a pool of HC candidates as pathetic as last time yes it will.

What 'pool' are you talking about? McHugh wanted P, Hathaway got him. End of freaking story.

The talent is there, huh? Where? They have been physically man handled by Buffalo and Towson. I despise this coach with every ounce of fiber in my body. But these players play soft.

Right. Same 'soft' players as under RE. Guys who almost overcame coaching to get a win against Michigan STFU

Reaction Score
Yeah, but P. did it when conference re-alignment was in play.

This is true, and there was no way to foresee how bad things would break for us, but his hiring could not have come at a worst time.

Reaction Score
I tend to lean towards blind optimism a lot of the time but right now I can't help but wonder why a decent player with other D1 offers would ever come here?

As far as other sports I bet at least this year we're gonna come out in raging support of the hoops teams as we'll all be hungry for a winner.

Reaction Score
What 'pool' are you talking about? McHugh wanted P, Hathaway got him. End of freaking story.

Right. Same 'soft' players as under RE. Guys who almost overcame coaching to get a win against Michigan STFU

Oh let's give these guys a medal. They almost beat a mediocre Michigan team at home. Wow.

Doesn't excuse them from playing like this today.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

No recruit enters college ready to play. It's up to the staff to develop them. Our WR are the best group we've had. Some of the RFr and SO show a visible skill set. I still think CW can play if supported properly, everyone seems to like Boyle. The DL held it's own against Michigan. The LB's are young and make mistakes as do the secondary, but they are athletic and can cover. They just don't appear to have a clue as to what they should be doing. The Oline looks bad but that's about it.

Reaction Score
Tell you what, Sweet. How about you go out to Storrs and tell those guys to their face they're soft?

Maybe you go head to Storrs and apply for a job. Your acting like Baghdad Bob shilling away on behalf of the players. Warde could use you to fight back on the PR front over the next couple days.

This coach is a disgrace and the players do not escape blame for the fact they got their a$$es handed to them by Buffalo. Good thing we don't play Stony Brook. They took Buffalo to several OT's.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Exactly this. It is amazing what an inspired hire with the ability to motivate can do. Put the right guy, one who has fire...
Couldn't agree more. Any school is as good as it's next coach. I think we need to send a message to prospective hires that there will be an opening at the end of the season by canning our top 2 coaches. I was always told the biggest turd floats to the top. Case and point. Out top 2 are big turds. Pony up the cash and make a good hire. No suggestions from me. I'm a programmer, not an AD.

Reaction Score
Maybe you go head to Storrs and apply for a job. Your acting like Baghdad Bob shilling away on behalf of the players. Warde could use you to fight back on the PR front over the next couple days.

This coach is a disgrace and the players do not escape blame for the fact they got their a$$es handed to them by Buffalo. Good thing we don't play Stony Brook. They took Buffalo to several OT's.

We're playing Stony Brook next year!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He has been surrealistly awful. It defies description.

Has he brought the program to such a black hole that it can never reemerge? Will it take two years? Ten Years? Fifty? Longer?

Has he brought the program to a place where they are Indiana or Duke or URI? The lack of accountability for the last three years says that UConn doesn't really care about football.

The real scary question is whether the basketball and other athletic programs will become collateral damage in this mess.

I thought it was only on the Cesspool that you were in lala land. Your post is totally silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom