Hamilton picked by Denver, #56 overall | The Boneyard

Hamilton picked by Denver, #56 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

This is absolutely FANTASTIC. Malone is a very clever coach, and this team is now filled with guys who can pass - Jokic, Mudiay, Murray, Gallinari, etc. Danny Hams will never be a star, but he has a chance to stick with this team because they value the exact thing he does so well.

I'm pumped. Did not expect him to be drafted. Congrats to him!

EDIT: And as @aceboon pointed out below, this pick is being sold to OKC. Hmm. Guess he'll be throwing lobs to Adams?

I don't see him as a great fit in an iso-heavy offense. Less pumped than I was 45 seconds ago...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Very happy to be wrong on him being picked. I think if he works on his shot he can be a productive pro

Reaction Score
wow daniel on okc? that is very ideal. i thought originally he could get drafted late. this second round has some gems like kay felder.

Reaction Score
Didn't think he would be drafted but this isn't good for him, he ain't making OKC's roster.

Reaction Score
wow daniel on okc? that is very ideal. i thought originally he could get drafted late. this second round has some gems like kay felder.
I think Felder and Whitehead are two guards who will get minutes.

Reaction Score
Good for DHam. Thought the Denver pick was a bit strange, considering they had his brother and let him go, despite having a game more suited for the NBA than DHam's. Makes more sense now. Assuming he sticks and KD stays, that's an awfully deep dangerous team again.

Reaction Score
OKC's invests alot in their DLeague program, really no need to worry about how he fits in with whatever the Thunder are doing because he'll be spending his time with the OKC Blue next year and then we'll see what happens after that.

Reaction Score
OKC's invests alot in their DLeague program, really no need to worry about how he fits in with whatever the Thunder are doing because he'll be spending his time with the OKC Blue next year and then we'll see what happens after that.
It's good he's with a class organization who is good at developint talent. Could be a few year project.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Josh Huestis was drafted and stashed on the OKC Blue for a year, and was rewarded with an NBA contract this past season. I see no reason why DHam can't do the same thing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can't imagine Hamilton envisioned this scenario when he left UConn.

Whoever offered him the advice that convinced him to bounce did him no favors.

I wouldn't give him better than 50-50 odds of spending even a decent stretch of one season in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Josh Huestis was drafted and stashed on the OKC Blue for a year, and was rewarded with an NBA contract this past season. I see no reason why DHam can't do the same thing.
Huestis was a first round pick, I can't recall the exact details of it all but he and OKC had some weird agreement where if he agreed to sign to a DLeague contract, the Thunder would take him in the first round and then give him the rookie scale later.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I wouldn't give him better than 50-50 odds of spending even a decent stretch of one season in the NBA.

You think 1 extra year of UConn would make that huge of a difference?

I think he just didn't want to be in school and was told he would probably be a 2nd round pick with a chance to make the league and if not, go to Europe and make good money.

Reaction Score
dakari johnson was drated by them last year and stash on the okc blue . Pretty interested to see him in summer league.

Reaction Score

For NBA chances it was a horrible decision, everyone knew that including Daniel. Don't think he got any advice to leave, he just no longer wanted to do the college thing.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
You think 1 extra year of UConn would make that huge of a difference?

I think he just didn't want to be in school and was told he would probably be a 2nd round pick with a chance to make the league and if not, go to Europe and make good money.
Yes, he could have gotten a guaranteed contract

Reaction Score
Dham had his sights set on leaving after his Sophomore at the very least no matter what his draft prospects would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom