Great bands with great instrumentalists | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Great bands with great instrumentalists

Reaction Score
Amazing instrumentation on this one - Stevie Winwood's Traffic doing 40,000 Headmen live:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I sense a drift from the original topic
I guess I am guilty in that I misunderstood the purpose of this thread. Sorry.
Were you seeking examples such as G. E. Smith who was a great guitar player behind Hall and Oates? He was also the SNL bandleader for it seems forever, playing behind many guest vocalists, and I believe has played lead guitar for some vocalists R&R HOF induction sets.

Reaction Score
In the 1960's, the greatest band was largely unknown. I'm talking about "The Wrecking Crew" who was a group of studio musicians who were heard on so many hit songs by so many acts that is almost unbelievable. Just a few well known musicians that made of the group were:

Hal Blaine on drums
Glenn Campbell and Tommy Tedesco on guitar
Carol Kaye and Ray Pohlman on bass
Don Randi and Leon Russell on keyboards

There were several others over the years as well. For more info, here is the wikipedia article about them

Some examples of their work.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In the 1960's, the greatest band was largely unknown. I'm talking about "The Wrecking Crew" who was a group of studio musicians who were heard on so many hit songs by so many acts that is almost unbelievable. Just a few well known musicians that made of the group were:

Hal Blaine on drums
Glenn Campbell and Tommy Tedesco on guitar
Carol Kaye and Ray Pohlman on bass
Don Randi and Leon Russell on keyboards

There were several others over the years as well. For more info, here is the wikipedia article about them

Some examples of their work.

Awesome documentary. It’s fun and interesting

Reaction Score
Yes it was. I had heard about them before, but the documentary was a revelation.

Reaction Score
Alison Krauss and Robert Plant playing Levee Breaks. The dude playing banjo and then guitar is fantastic. ( I understand his name is Mark Ribot). And, of course, you can’t discount the playing and arranging of T Bone Burnett.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom