Graduate Transfer being 'blackballed'? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Graduate Transfer being 'blackballed'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If you're important enough, and you resign a gig, you don't even get to go back to your desk to get your stuff.

There's certainly a little bit of drama queen in the EWU coach, but I don't think it's unreasonable not to want your week one opponent's quarterback in your football facility for the next four months.
Agree -

Instead of losing by 55 to Oregon it might now just be 45...

Reaction Score
The EW coach is right. If one of the EW assistant coaches was hired to be a coordinator at Oregon would it be OK for him to stay at EW for a while to "get his things together", while he attends a few spring practices, given that the two schools play in September?
The kid is leaving for a position with an upcoming opponent. He needs to go now.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The EW coach is right. If one of the EW assistant coaches was hired to be a coordinator at Oregon would it be OK for him to stay at EW for a while to "get his things together", while he attends a few spring practices, given that the two schools play in September?
The kid is leaving for a position with an upcoming opponent. He needs to go now.
He is still under scholarship so I don't agree he needs to go now - and if he is that good he could possibly improve and help other players in the EWU FB program moving forward. Don't allow him in specific practices/film sessions if game planning for Oregon but I think he could still be an asset to their program.

I don't think coaches and players are on same plane in this regards. Coaches take new jobs before bowls and sometimes the HC asks them to stay until after the bowl games. Some times they are shown door before game - it's usually the head coach who leaves immediately but the asst stay on board for the betterment of team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom