Grad Transfers to Keep an Eye On | The Boneyard

Grad Transfers to Keep an Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Sorry if these names have been mentioned...

RJ White- 6'8" 280 lb. Redshirt Jr. PF/C from UNC Greensboro
A bulky big man who can eat up some glass-averaged 12 points 7 rebounds this season. Not on a high profile team, and wouldn't demand a ton of minutes if he transferred to a better school. He's the type of player I think this team needs- experienced big man who can hit the glass. Would be a very solid role player on next years team. He does get into foul trouble, but if we have an extra scholarship, we might as well give it to a big man who can rebound and give us 5 extra fouls.

Jaron Blossomgame- 6'7" 220 lb. Redshirt Jr. PF from Clemson
This guy might be the most sought after in the grad transfer market.
Averaged nearly 19 points 7 rebounds. Can hit the three and hit the boards- reminiscent of a Shonn Miller. The dude was a beast on a mediocre team, but in the ACC nonetheless. He recently filed paperwork for the NBA draft, but he has until May 25 to decide if he wants to return to school. He clearly wants out, perhaps there's a chance he would want to go to a better school for his last year of eligibility if the next level isn't an option quite yet.

Reaction Score
Blossomgame is a stud. He lit up some real good teams this year. Can't imagine he'd sit out a year after the year he just had. His size translating to the next level is his only problem, and another year of college won't help that

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Blossomgame is a stud. He lit up some real good teams this year. Can't imagine he'd sit out a year after the year he just had. His size translating to the next level is his only problem, and another year of college won't help that
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have to sit a year. Considering he was a red shirt, he has been at Clemson four years and would be on track for graduating this Spring.

Reaction Score
Averaged nearly 19 points 7 rebounds. Can hit the three and hit the boards- reminiscent of a Shonn Miller. The dude was a beast on a mediocre team, but in the ACC nonetheless. He recently filed paperwork for the NBA draft, but he has until May 25 to decide if he wants to return to school. He clearly wants out, perhaps there's a chance he would want to go to a better school for his last year of eligibility if the next level isn't an option quite yet.

Yes, please.

Reaction Score
Is he from that area? Maybe he and Rodney have some history.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The big man from Xaiver is also an option. He's got some beef and would look nice next to Brimah.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jalen Reynolds:

Capture76.PNG

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Only played 20 min per game last season. From what I've read he's a graduate transfer.

Reaction Score
Who said Blousemgame was transferring? He just declared for the draft and if there is no interest it sounds like he will return to Clemson.

Reaction Score
Blossomgame would be like Shonn Miller 2.0 and that would be amazing. Bonus points because Blossomgame is an equally amazing name.

Reaction Score
Who said Blousemgame was transferring? He just declared for the draft and if there is no interest it sounds like he will return to Clemson.

No one said Gibbs was transferring when we started looking at him as a transfer candidate. And no one is saying that Blossomgame is definitely transferring, but he's eligible to play immediately and so we are keeping an eye on the situation.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see what the coaching staff does with the 1 remaining scholarship. Are we going to miss Shonn and his scoring presence he brought us at the 4? For sure, but as of now we have 3 guards who are playable. Cassell Jr. considering our current depth could be playing 10-15 minutes per game next year unless we add another guard.

However, I think Gilbert alongside Adams will mesh very well. For our offense to thrive, we need 2 guards who can handle the ball and breakdown a defense. We didn't have that quite as much in Gibbs this year. So, maybe this means Cassell still won't have to play a ton, but it is something to consider.

Another guard who can handle it and shoot a bit, or a forward who can get us some rebounds and give us toughness down low?

I take the guard and put faith in the development of Enoch and think between Facey/Diarra/Larrier/Dham/Durham (unlikely - redshirt is probable) we should be more than okay at the 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Only played 20 min per game last season. From what I've read he's a graduate transfer.

Thanks HFL. Could you send over all the links for us to read on this Jalen Reynolds transfer? My old age is catching up to me. I missed all the news. :(

Thanks in advance.
BDH

Reaction Score
I could see Sam Cassell playing in the role that Omar did this year, where he had some key contributions, but also had some times where he didn't play at all. Something to look depending on how he improves his ball handling, and decision making.

Reaction Score
I could see Sam Cassell playing in the role that Omar did this year, where he had some key contributions, but also had some times where he didn't play at all. Something to look depending on how he improves his ball handling, and decision making.

Sam is way too slow I'm afraid to play Omar's role, can't guard well in man. I like Sam, great kid, but he's a 4-5th back up guard period unless he gets real healthy.

Reaction Score
Sorry if these names have been mentioned...

RJ White- 6'8" 280 lb. Redshirt Jr. PF/C from UNC Greensboro
A bulky big man who can eat up some glass-averaged 12 points 7 rebounds this season. Not on a high profile team, and wouldn't demand a ton of minutes if he transferred to a better school. He's the type of player I think this team needs- experienced big man who can hit the glass. Would be a very solid role player on next years team. He does get into foul trouble, but if we have an extra scholarship, we might as well give it to a big man who can rebound and give us 5 extra fouls.

Lets recruit and develope our own players. We are UCONN !

Reaction Score
Lets recruit and develope our own players. We are UCONN !

I agree with this for the most part and I think we're getting close to the annual recruiting which enables KO to go that way. But if there is a good kid who's a solid player (or really good) who fills a need and it doesn't hinder a recruiting advantage we may have for the next year, they need to take advantage of it if they can. A big, wide (strong) body next year would be great no doubt.

Reaction Score
Sam is nothing more than a practice player, his teammates like him but he can't contribute in games at this level. A guy like Blossomgame would be a no brainer if we could reel him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom