Grad Transfers to Keep an Eye On | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Grad Transfers to Keep an Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I agree with this for the most part and I think we're getting close to the annual recruiting which enables KO to go that way. But if there is a good kid who's a solid player (or really good) who fills a need and it doesn't hinder a recruiting advantage we may have for the next year, they need to take advantage of it if they can. A big, wide (strong) body next year would be great no doubt.

While I would prefer to get another PG (with everything being equal), it should depend on the quality of the player available at either PG or PF. If we can get a PF who approaches Shonn Miller quality, then take him yesterday.

Reaction Score
I agree with this for the most part and I think we're getting close to the annual recruiting which enables KO to go that way. But if there is a good kid who's a solid player (or really good) who fills a need and it doesn't hinder a recruiting advantage we may have for the next year, they need to take advantage of it if they can. A big, wide (strong) body next year would be great no doubt.
Bingo. Add in that I'd prefer a grad transfer over a low end, 3-star recruit (a la Wise, Kellogg, Garrison, Eaves, Haralson, Darius Smith, Jamal Trice) who will probably transfer anyway and hurt our APR.

Reaction Score
Is Brandon Sherrod from Yale eligible. Good player player with high bball IQ.

Reaction Score
No one said Gibbs was transferring when we started looking at him as a transfer candidate.

Orly_owl.jpg

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Is Brandon Sherrod from Yale eligible. Good player player with high bball IQ.
I don't believe he's graduated from Yale yet. He took a year off to travel with the Whiffenpoofs, which exhausts his athletic eligibility but leaves him with some classwork to complete next year.

Reaction Score
Another kid who may be able to fill the Shonn miller role:
Jimmy Hall- Kent State - 6'8" 240 pound PF averaged 16 pts, 8 rbs, and only 2.7 fouls in 30 mins per game

Reaction Score
I think Brandon Sherrod would be a terrific addition even if he is eligible at the mid year. He's also from Bridgeport so we'd be pitching a local kid.

Reaction Score
Another kid who may be able to fill the Shonn miller role:
Jimmy Hall- Kent State - 6'8" 240 pound PF averaged 16 pts, 8 rbs, and only 2.7 fouls in 30 mins per game

Tricky one. He's been in a big laptop theft scandal in college. And he's a Bob Hurley product.

Reaction Score
Jalen Reynolds is a terrific player and would be perfect for us, but it's highly doubtful that he would transfer from what could be a top 5 Xavier team.

Reaction Score

You know what I meant. He didn't announce he was transferring before he was considered a transfer candidate.

The person I was responding to was asking why Blossomgame is a transfer candidate when he hasn't said he's transferring.

Reaction Score
How many guys are we planning on playing next year? I know we're not exactly strong upfront, but with Brimah and Enoch already there, Larrier suiting up, Durham coming in, there's only so many minutes to be had in the frontcourt.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
It's officially off season wild speculation time on the BY...if you're an eligible grad student your name will be tossed around this board whether you like it or not

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It's officially off season wild speculation time on the BY...if you're an eligible grad student your name will be tossed around this board whether you like it or not
We've got seven months of this. Might as well start throwing crap against the wall.

Reaction Score
Oz said on TOS that top priority is a big who can a bucket with his back to the basket and provide toughness and rebounding. Mentioned Sheldon Jeter from Pitt and Jimmy Hall from Kent state as 2 possibilities.

Said a guard is option 1a regardless of Purvis returning or declaring. Then went on to say that if Purvis declares (I don't think he will) to watch the Cane Broom situation play out.

Reaction Score
Oz said on TOS that top priority is a big who can a bucket with his back to the basket and provide toughness and rebounding. Mentioned Sheldon Jeter from Pitt and Jimmy Hall from Kent state as 2 possibilities.

Said a guard is option 1a regardless of Purvis returning or declaring. Then went on to say that if Purvis declares (I don't think he will) to watch the Cane Broom situation play out.
I know its not your words, but if Purvis leaves they need a guard that can play next year, I don't see what would be the point of going after Broome.

Reaction Score
I know its not your words, but if Purvis leaves they need a guard that can play next year, I don't see what would be the point of going after Broome.
Perhaps I misunderstood it. I'm sure they'd look to find a guard who could play without sitting out a year.

C

Chief00

Sam is nothing more than a practice player, his teammates like him but he can't contribute in games at this level. A guy like Blossomgame would be a no brainer if we could reel him in.
Sam can stay if he wants and if he does KO will play him some. Sam adds a lot to the team dynamic that is not apparent just watching games.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We need Sam to raise our APR, Aging Player Requirements. He'll qualify for a senior discount at Ted's by the time her graduates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom