Gotta bring this up | The Boneyard

Gotta bring this up

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn ranked 4 in the coaches poll and 6 in Cremes poll. Today watching all the games Charlie never brought up UConn. He mentioned MD is the 4 seend and Lville is 5 unless MD looses. I disagree. A loss is a loss and MD although playing well now as is UConn lost to lesser talent then UConn and Lville did the same. I hope the committee takes that into consideration.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tony
Today watching all the games Charlie never brought up UConn.

Tony

Perhaps more important
Did anybody look so great today?...hardly

I love the anonymity...Maybe even coaches will over-look us (big chance :))

I'm with Geno on this...We have to win 6 games, whom we play against is out of our control.

A few more games like our two most recent and we'll really be #2 regardless of what anybody says.
(Of course the progress has to continue).
In terms of personnel, I fear only Oregon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn ranked 4 in the coaches poll and 6 in Cremes poll. Today watching all the games Charlie never brought up UConn. He mentioned MD is the 4 seend and Lville is 5 unless MD looses. I disagree. A loss is a loss and MD although playing well now as is UConn lost to lesser talent then UConn and Lville did the same. I hope the committee takes that into consideration.
TonyC-But you don't have a VOTE !!!!!!!!! Bob

Reaction Score
I feel pretty confident that if MD and UL win out, they both go to Fort Wayne and we get one of the top 3. It might be anti-UConn bias or questions about our strength of schedule, but IMO, the writing is on the wall.

Reaction Score
Some of Cremes predictions and logic are a joke. Is he supposed to be some kind of expert, or be using some advanced analytics that we dont know about? All I know is I wouldnt trust the committee members as far as I can throw them, especially what they did to UConn last year. Its all about $$ and ratings...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some of Cremes predictions and logic are a joke. Is he supposed to be some kind of expert, or be using some advanced analytics that we dont know about? All I know is I wouldnt trust the committee members as far as I can throw them, especially what they did to UConn last year. Its all about $$ and ratings...

what did they do to UConn last year?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Charlie did bring up UCONN and said they can sneak in if Maryland and Louisville lose. And wins matter too. Maryland has a much stronger win column than UCONN does. So does Louisville.

If we go by who has the least number of losses or "best losses," then Princeton is a #1 seed since they've only lost 1 game, which was at Iowa and they lost in OT.

Reaction Score
There is no anti-Uconn bias. If anything it is a reaction to the pro-Uconn bias based on history and name recognition. While Uconn's losses came to the consensus top three teams they really did not play any other team saves DePaul in the top 25. The more teams you play that might have a shot to knock you off if your team is having an off game, the more likely you pick up losses. The reality is that Uconn has played very few games with teams that had a shot at beating them on any given day. The fact that they play in a conference in which no team barring unforeseen circumstances and a miracle would even have a shot at coming close to beating the Huskeys, plays a big role in the actual value of an unbeaten except for the top three scenarios.

They played three teams ( other than DePaul who was a tailor-made matchup ) who were in the top 25 and got beaten soundly. Had those been closer games it might have mitigated the weak schedule. But the fact remains that their schedule does not justify a top-four seed no matter the other team's record. This post is not an evaluation of the strength of Uconn or how well they might do in the tournament, but just a realistic evaluation of what their record weighed against the teams they played has earned them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is no anti-Uconn bias. If anything it is a reaction to the pro-Uconn bias based on history and name recognition. While Uconn's losses came to the consensus top three teams they really did not play any other team saves DePaul in the top 25. The more teams you play that might have a shot to knock you off if your team is having an off game, the more likely you pick up losses. The reality is that Uconn has played very few games with teams that had a shot at beating them on any given day. The fact that they play in a conference in which no team barring unforeseen circumstances and a miracle would even have a shot at coming close to beating the Huskeys, plays a big role in the actual value of an unbeaten except for the top three scenarios.

I don't think that situation will change much in the Big East next year though.

Reaction Score

I have no respect for Creme and the rest of the committee. And the NCAA and their President they will do anything they can to hurt UCONN !

Reaction Score
Man O Man, Would I love to be in Greenville and beat the Gamecocks. O MY GOODNESS.
Agree 101%! After all it should be anyone, anywhere anytime! First this is not an attack on the OP or others that are worried about where the team goes for the tourney.
Just a comment on how many threads have been created and comments here from the fan base of the most dominant woman's team in college basketball history. Got so good at a point many considered us bad for the game. What a compliment.
Again attacking no fans or posters I simply don't understand why so many want to avoid playing certain teams. This is not the mentality of any championship coaching staff or team, why the fan base?

In terms of personnel, I fear only Oregon.
I understand your concerns as a fellow fan, but as a staff and a team they should fear nobody. This is what they game plan for and have recently made changes to address possible weaknesses.
Anyone anywhere anytime, may the best team win.

Reaction Score
Everyone who wants Ft.Wayne is saying they don’t think UConn can beat any of the top three they lost to. If the goal is to win NC, you have to play them sometime. Avoiding competition is not how a champion plays.

Reaction Score
ESPN currently (till the end of this season) has the rights to UConn's games (via the AAC contract) and they continuously disrespect them. Can you imagine how much they will disrespect them next year, when they no longer have the rights to the games?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
ESPN currently (till the end of this season) has the rights to UConn's games (via the AAC contract) and ESPN-continuously disrespect them. Can you imagine how much they will disrespect them next year, when they no longer have the rights to the games?

Ms Paige may turn some heads at ESPN-ville.

Reaction Score
ESPN currently (till the end of this season) has the rights to UConn's games (via the AAC contract) and they continuously disrespect them. Can you imagine how much they will disrespect them next year, when they no longer have the rights to the games?
Where do all these ESPN conspiracies come from?! My Goodness gracious folks, you are embarrassing yourselves. The lead analyst on ESPN is Rebecca Lobo, and several other UConn legends have worked for the network. I personally have never ever seen anything even remotely resembling disrespect. Paranoia is not a great personality trait.

Reaction Score
Wholeheartedly agree with the anywhere, anytime philosophy. If not, you are defeated before you start. Uconn and their coaches almost singlehandedly spearheaded the rise of WCBB with their dominance and IMO that should be applauded, embraced, and accepted as maybe their GREATEST accomplishment, not treated with conspiracy theories.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO UConn will be fortunate to get a #2 Seed and the only reason they'll get it, is because they are in the AAC. Yes, the AAC is a Weak Conference and by being weak enabled UConn so far to be undefeated in Conference Play. Does anyone believe that if UConn was in the ACC or Big Ten that this team would be undefeated in Conference Play? UConn with it better then average Won/Loss Record and history has kept team high in the standings and in the eyes of the Committee. The Committee on Feb 2nd had UConn Ranked 5th out of 16th. DI Women's Basketball Rankings - Top 16 Committee Ranking | NCAA.com Since that release. It easy to justify that both Maryland and Northwestern and maybe others have significantly better wins then UConn.

UConn has not had any significant wins and has struggled in a couple of games. Now if ND and CAL and Oklahoma were having their usual years, UConn might have a case for a #1 Seed. All three of these teams have lost more games then they won. UConn does not have a Significant Win. DePaul, Ohio St and Dayton are the best Wins. Do I hope that UConn somehow gets a #1 seed, Yes I do. Would I think its was deserved, today no. Lets see how Conference Tournaments Play out. If UConn wins out, they'll get a #2 Seed and hopefully won't be in a Region with Baylor or Oregon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1583148442794.png

Reaction Score
I don't think that situation will change much in the Big East next year though.
I disagree. The league does not have to be filled with top ten level teams. Just enough teams that are capable of an upset in one of Uconn's lesser efforts. There are far more of those types of teams in the Big East than the AAC. When Uconn joins the Big East it should also improve the recruiting and level of team strength throughout the league over time. Basketball parity will begin to hit more midmajor teams in time. The AAC had pretty much hit it's ceiling in respect to strength which was evident that no team presented any threat at all even though this was a down year for Uconn. That is a stark contrast to some of the P5 conferences where even many of the bottom half teams give the top teams trouble.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
They will love 'The Greatest Show In Hoops'. They have got to do something to latch onto the show that is about to erupt over the next 6-7 years. From January 2021 until Ice is the #1 pick in the WNBA it could be showtime all over again.

For me, this year, give us a #7 seed. I don't care. I would love some blatant disrespect. lets lace'em up tight and get after it. Every possession, every loose ball. I don't want the eye of the tiger, I want the whole darn animal. And if we get beat, I want the first words out of the other coach's mouth, "I don't know how we survived that onslaught!'

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom