Gotta bring this up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gotta bring this up

Reaction Score
Where do all these ESPN conspiracies come from?! My Goodness gracious folks, you are embarrassing yourselves. The lead analyst on ESPN is Rebecca Lobo, and several other UConn legends have worked for the network. I personally have never ever seen anything even remotely resembling disrespect. Paranoia is not a great personality trait.
I didn't say it in my original post (sorry about that), but I was mostly referring to their website.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Understand your point. However, if it's anyone, anytime, anywhere, why have seeding at all? Let's give every D1 team a ping pong ball and fill out the brackets just like the lottery?

We all understand that the best teams are rewarded at tournament time for excelling through the regular season and conference tournaments with an easier road to the top.

If I were the coach I would teach and coach my team to be prepared and ready for anyone, anywhere, at anytime.

Our team has had great improvement over the last three or four games of the season specifically the last two. They have their last regular game tonight, the conference tournament, and as many rounds as they can play in the big dance to continue to improve before they meet up with the best teams in the country. I think I would like that as a crazy rabbid fan.

Realisticly, being in the 4th seeds bracket you won't have to go through any of the top three to get to the Final Four. To win the National Championship you only have to beat two of the other bracket winners to be the National Champion. Not being in the 4th seed bracket potentially means you would have to play and beat all three of the best teams in the country for the Championship.

I'm not apologizing that I hope that our team ends up in the 4th seed bracket. I really want our girls to get to the final four and what happens happens.

Reaction Score
Man O Man, Would I love to be in Greenville and beat the Gamecocks. O MY GOODNESS.
An we would love to get a chance to beat Uconn twice in one year to send you home so that you could then again spend a whole offseason trying to justify that you would love to play us again. We love the disrespect.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't think that situation will change much in the Big East next year though.
So, I guess you didn't read my AAC vs. Big East comparison? Ouch...:oops:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
IMO UConn will be fortunate to get a #2 Seed and the only reason they'll get it, is because they are in the AAC.

UConn has not had any significant wins and has struggled in a couple of games.
Wait, what? You lost me on this logic. First, your saying the ONLY reason they would get a #2 is because they are in the AAC? As opposed to a #1 or a #3? I mean we did schedule other P5 schools, who happen to be down this year and not the pathetic OOC's that other schools regularly schedule and our peripherals do warrant a #2 seed. So clarify for me.

Second, what games did they "struggle" in? A 7 point win at WWF Florida champion UCF? That's the only SINGLE digit win on our schedule.
So teams like Louisville (1 point win KY, 4 pt win Syr, 5 pt win Duke, 8 pt loss Syr) Stanford (6 pt OT win Gonzaga, 5 pt win Cal Baptist, 5 pt win MSU, 5 pt loss Texas), Maryland (23 point loss to #14 NW or 5 point loss to Iowa) have all struggled against teams outside the top 10 this year but they get a pass in your logic and deserve a #2 seed over UConn?

You need to use the same discerning eye towards other teams that you do with the Husky's.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me tell you and most of you know it already. The UConn team that is playing right now and tonight is a top 2 team. Theyre firing on all cylinders and if you want to argue that they are playing inferior teams thats fine however UConn has score over 100 pts and 92 pts with the non starters seeing alot of time. Now tell me about MD Stanford and Lville doing that now. This UConn team is not the same team that was in the game against Baylor and not the same team that played Oregon and SC. This is a team that can beat those teams now and has the ability to beat them by alot.

Reaction Score
UConn ranked 4 in the coaches poll and 6 in Cremes poll. Today watching all the games Charlie never brought up UConn. He mentioned MD is the 4 seend and Lville is 5 unless MD looses. I disagree. A loss is a loss and MD although playing well now as is UConn lost to lesser talent then UConn and Lville did the same. I hope the committee takes that into consideration.

Charlie wanted to save his wisdom, regarding UConn, for tonight's game on the Deuce. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hey I want the Huskies to make the Final Four as much as anyone else on this forum and a Natty would be fantastic.

Having said that, UConn does not have a divine right to make the Final Four. They have to play well and win most of their out of conference games in dominant fashion to get a #1 or high #2 seed. They did not do that this year.

I don't get the disrespect for other teams that I have seen from some posters recently.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
IMO Does anyone believe that if UConn was in the ACC or Big Ten that this team would be undefeated in Conference Play?
Actually, I do believe that there is at least a 40-50% chance that would be the case (i.e., that UConn would be undefeated in conference if it played in either the ACC or the Big 10). It's possible that they would have one loss to Louisville if they were in the ACC or one loss to Maryland if they were in the Big 10, but I don't think they would lose any other games, and I think they would be 2-1 against Louisville/Maryland (if not 3-0) if they played them twice in the season and once in the conference tournament.

But I agree that it is basically impossible to know if that is the case, since UConn hasn't played anyone ranked between #4 and #20 for the entire year, so it's impossible to know how good UConn would be against good teams other than the three top teams that they played.

Geno says that he wanted to renew the Louisville series this year, but that Jeff Walz was unwilling. It may be that Walz made a shrewd bet, because if they had played, the winner would have an excellent case for the last #1 seed, and I think there is a good chance that winner would have been UConn. Walz was probably betting that his conference SoS would give him the inside track if he did NOT play UConn, and the way things are unfolding, he may well have been right.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't get the disrespect for other teams that I have seen from some posters recently.

We are not used to it. It is an acquired skill. :(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Had those been closer games it might have mitigated the weak schedule.
Weak schedule?
1583172257545.png

Reaction Score
Everyone who wants Ft.Wayne is saying they don’t think UConn can beat any of the top three they lost to. If the goal is to win NC, you have to play them sometime. Avoiding competition is not how a champion plays.

Its all about improving your odds - not about being afraid to play a more talented team. Its clear the Top 3 teams are at another level. The longer we avoid them, (especially in an E8 away game) the better our odds that they may lose to another team before we play them. It worked for us a few years back when we didnt have to play Baylor because they were upset in the Tourny. You hear this all the time in a playoff, 1-and-done format - "...its all about matchups".

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
An we would love to get a chance to beat Uconn twice in one year to send you home so that you could then again spend a whole offseason trying to justify that you would love to play us again. We love the disrespect.
Gee, I wonder if UConn has ever beaten SC twice in one year and sent them home??? And did the BYers spend a lot of time after the second beating disrespecting the Gamecocks??? I kinda doubt it...

I will admit though, that in the off season after SC won their only NC, many BYers posted that the only reason that the Gamecocks won it was because UConn was upset by MissState. That could be construed as disrespectful, no matter how true it is. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn is way down this year but I like the stride they are hitting......they could be a sleeper NC threat. Will take GREAT shooting as we are not tough enough to win ugly.

Reaction Score
UConn has not had any significant wins and has struggled in a couple of games. Now if ND and CAL and Oklahoma were having their usual years, UConn might have a case for a #1 Seed. All three of these teams have lost more games then they won. UConn does not have a Significant Win. DePaul, Ohio St and Dayton are the best Wins.

Funny how Tennessee didn't make it into your list of best wins. Oversight or intentional?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
IMO UConn will be fortunate to get a #2 Seed and the only reason they'll get it, is because they are in the AAC. Yes, the AAC is a Weak Conference and by being weak enabled UConn so far to be undefeated in Conference Play. Does anyone believe that if UConn was in the ACC or Big Ten that this team would be undefeated in Conference Play? UConn with it better then average Won/Loss Record and history has kept team high in the standings and in the eyes of the Committee. The Committee on Feb 2nd had UConn Ranked 5th out of 16th. DI Women's Basketball Rankings - Top 16 Committee Ranking | NCAA.com Since that release. It easy to justify that both Maryland and Northwestern and maybe others have significantly better wins then UConn.

UConn has not had any significant wins and has struggled in a couple of games. Now if ND and CAL and Oklahoma were having their usual years, UConn might have a case for a #1 Seed. All three of these teams have lost more games then they won. UConn does not have a Significant Win. DePaul, Ohio St and Dayton are the best Wins. Do I hope that UConn somehow gets a #1 seed, Yes I do. Would I think its was deserved, today no. Lets see how Conference Tournaments Play out. If UConn wins out, they'll get a #2 Seed and hopefully won't be in a Region with Baylor or Oregon.
Uconn has lost to the top 3 teams in the nation, unlike Louisville and Maryland they have beaten every team that is ranked below them. Both the ACC and Big 10 have had a down year also, but you don't say anything about that. There is no way a team that has a .500 record or below in its Conference, (Michigan, Purdue, & Iowa St) should be going to the dance. I'm tired of the NCAA giving the Big 10, SEC, ACC, and Big 12. It's time to start letting some smaller conferences have 2 teams if it's deserved. If the regular season winner gets upset in some of these conferences in their Conference Tournament then they don't go and that's not right. But right now there are at least 3 teams that could end up with losing conference records and some more that could be .500 in their conference and still get in.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I believe that the NCAA is rigged, towards the P5 conferences.
If a non P5 conference had the same number of schools as a P5 conference and if each school in both conferences had the identical conference records top to bottom, guess which conference would be going to the Big Dance?????
Why? Because the analytics are biased towards the P5.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I believe that the NCAA is rigged, towards the P5 conferences.
If a non P5 conference had the same number of schools as a P5 conference and if each school in both conferences had the identical conference records top to bottom, guess which conference would be going to the Big Dance?????
Why? Because the analytics are biased towards the P5.
Or maybe the P5 have better SOS/RPIs?

Reaction Score
UConn ranked 4 in the coaches poll and 6 in Cremes poll. Today watching all the games Charlie never brought up UConn. He mentioned MD is the 4 seend and Lville is 5 unless MD looses. I disagree. A loss is a loss and MD although playing well now as is UConn lost to lesser talent then UConn and Lville did the same. I hope the committee takes that into consideration.
However, Rebecca was clear. She was at Maryland's last game and concluded that they are a legit 4th seed. In her view, Maryland ( recently ) has separated themselves from the "all others " group, and belongs as a number one ( in some region) . I respect Rebecca's opinion.

For some time, people have talked about Marylnd's talent, but it wasn't "jelling." Now, apparently, it has. Still, I would much rather take them on in the elite 8 than Oregon.

Reaction Score
Just like you have shown to Uconn since you joined in March, 2017! Usually you stop commenting after the game has been played because of the thumping but to come on here and talk trash to a Huskie fan for what you perceived as a lack of respect!Please note that there isn't even a rivalry between these two teams. Show some respect for once!

Why do you even come on the BY if you don't have the nuts to handle the post! Not a real question!

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You’re posting on a UConn fan forum about lack of respect to non-UConn teams? I’m surprised your surprised

Reaction Score
All I know is Maryland did not show me anything in the first weeks of the season. Today, I agree they are a one seed = #4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom