Give Weist the Kevin Ollie Deal | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Give Weist the Kevin Ollie Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Whoops, forgot two of the main guys on my list...

Jim Tressel
Mark Richt
Josh McDaniels
Scott Frost

If we can't get any of these, then I want Weist back.
As long as you are listing coaches that are likely not UConn's next Head Coach, You might as well add Eric Mangini.

Reaction Score
As long as you are listing coaches that are likely not UConn's next Head Coach, You might as well add Eric Mangini.

Throw in a Jon Gruden for good measure.

Seriously, giving a guy a one year contract in football may be the single most.......I'll be nice. It's not a good idea.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really like TJ. I think he inherited an impossible situation and has done as good a job as you could do with it... but we need to do better than the former WR coach at Cincinnati. We've got to get the best guy available out there... and as much as I respect TJ... I don't think he is it.

This sums it up nicely. What I see here from the pro TJ crowd is nothing but empathy for a nice guy, who has done a better job than PP, and who will, as a result, lose his job anyway. Seems harsh? So you think....maybe we should hire him full time? It's a mistake.

We should give him a great reference letter, and thank him profusely. But don't assume this is bad news for TJ. He has only a few games at the FBS coordinator level and then was given a HC shot. He made a big leap, and his success, relative to PP anyway, will open some doors for him. He will land on his feet with either a smaller HC job or bigger coordinator job. TJ wins in this scenario. Don't feel sorry for him.

We need to focus on the best candidate for this job and TJ is not it. His resume doesn't compare to guys like Lembo and Narduzzi.

Reaction Score
The other thing that some people really miss is that you can't do a 1 year deal for football. It isn't a 1 and done sport so you need to recruit for the long term, 4 and 5 years out. In basketball, you can land a guy who will turn the program around in a year then leave on the first bus to the NBA draft. In football you need to get 20 guys and most won't even see the field until they've been in the program for a year. And the coach can't say he'll even be around to coach them then...yeah that will work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom