Girls lose :( | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Girls lose :(

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Is there a game you don't complain about the refs?

I speak truth. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I have a sore spot about teams and players getting preferential treatment. I hated watching the Jordan rules NBA. Just call it straight. No one should be getting preferential treatment.

the Q

Reaction Score

I thought they did a great job in the Michigan game last night. Everyone will miss some calls.

But Nd got a systemic advantage today and Friday on things that just didn’t exist

Reaction Score
Making sure miss st lost by a hit that belonged on an ESPN “jacked up” segment not getting called?
Stealing quotes shows your character

the Q

Reaction Score
Stealing quotes shows your character

I’ll await your apology.

He called it an open field tackle.

Reaction Score
You were right you were responding to him and used the jacked up reference

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was aware of the injuries that's why it was nice to see Dangerfield get her game back against S Carolina. With the rest before the Tourney Williams had not been showing like she was in as much pain as earlier in the season. Once KLS got the 3rd and 4th foul she looked lost. The inbounds to 4 Notre Dame players case in point. Giving her a break and running a quicker player for a time would have been smart. Geno seized up.
Lol

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All the more reason to develop the bench during the season.
They are either ready or they aren’t. They weren’t.

the Q

Reaction Score
They are either ready or they aren’t. They weren’t.

The Tulsa game proved that.

Reaction Score
The officiating in women’s basketball is atrocious.

That iceberg of a girl on Notre Dame blasted the MSU point guard at center court.

No call?

Unbelievable.

I didn’t watch the game as I really am not entertained unless the UConn women are playing so I missed the hip check. But Fishy is so right I mean the referees in the women’s game make it a joke they are incapable. They guess a lot, they go with the crowd easily and they really don’t understand the game all that well. They’re lucky if they ever get the charge/block calls right I mean clueless is what comes to mind. Awful

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Annoying that I end up with genocide every time I try to write Geno . Damn autocorrect.

Reaction Score
The ND big girl played for Nebraska. Last year. She didn't have to sit out. She got granted a hardship waiver. Why? Who knows. Certainly made the difference.

Reaction Score
MSU was 10-17 from the line. ND was 15-17. If you had a gallon of gas for every FT Kentucky missed against us in 2011 and 2014 you could drive to Lexington. Make FTs and you'll win games.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
The ND big girl played for Nebraska. Last year. She didn't have to sit out. She got granted a hardship waiver. Why? Who knows. Certainly made the difference.

Wasn’t that waiver completely random and unexpected after some of their players got hurt? Seems fair.

Or am I thinking of something else?

Reaction Score
MSU was 10-17 from the line. ND was 15-17. If you had a gallon of gas for every FT Kentucky missed against us in 2011 and 2014 you could drive to Lexington. Make FTs and you'll win games.

Yep just ask Houston.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Throw a temper tantrum in more threads, I dare you.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I just hate seeing kids lose a game and end their careers like that. Of course Miss St missed free throws and missed some layups
But they did enough to steal the ball and a kid released for a game winning lay-up. You gotta call that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not an excuse, an explanation, particularly as it relates to KLS and ability to stay in front of the opposing player.
Man did this go over your head. Slam dunk award to @Augest_west

the Q

Reaction Score

I will also pick on a play that the majority of society doesn’t know the rule about. Such as the ND girl being oob on a charge on Friday. I hear a lot of coaches teaching that still.

Reaction Score
I will also pick on a play that the majority of society doesn’t know the rule about. Such as the ND girl being oob on a charge on Friday. I hear a lot of coaches teaching that still.

There were some awful calls down the stretch of that game but remember also they were lucky to even get to OT thanks to the bumbling Irish down the stretch. The womens game really needs to change their direction in regards to refereeing they have basically HS girls JV refs going the games, as i stated very clueless. Better training, more men (this will go over huge) who understand the game at the level they'd like to think they are playing it especially once they get to the tourney.

the Q

Reaction Score
There were some awful calls down the stretch of that game but remember also they were lucky to even get to OT thanks to the bumbling Irish down the stretch. The womens game really needs to change their direction in regards to refereeing they have basically HS girls JV refs going the games, as i stated very clueless. Better training, more men (this will go over huge) who understand the game at the level they'd like to think they are playing it especially once they get to the tourney.

You make some interesting points.

What bothered me most friday and sunday were that when ND got down big, both times we saw a parade of phantom calls to keep them in the game. It's totally ok for refs to miss one call. This was basically systemic. They were unbelievably bad.

I agree that UConn and Miss St both played awful games. Neither better than a C, maybe a B- for Miss St just because of the 2nd qtr. But it was still egregious. And how the NCAA hasn't lambasted that crew for boggling the last 10 seconds is just a terrible look (although not as bad as when they doubled down on the missed OPI in Clemson/Alabama in football part 2).

Yes, they do promote women much faster than men to work women's games. This is what happens when you don't run a pure merit system (although there's a ton of politics related to all those reffing moves, see how Higgins still can get to a FF on the men's side or Dee gets women's FFs). I'm not sure about other parts of the country, but in CT a lot of the college refs are on HS boards. So the training can be coming from there. And there's different rules at each level, hell even the men's and women's games don't have the same rules at the college level.

There's a lot wrong.

I reffed an AAU tournament this weekend. My partner was a 28 year college ref who did women's games at the D3 level. He was talking to his friend (another college ref) who said that the refs know that things like the euro step are a travel, but it is ignored because the players move too fast and it's just not worth the hassle of it being called inconsistently. So college refs really are just calling the obvious travels that everyone in the building sees and ignoring the more subtle ones (another challenge here is trying to ignore some fouls that then create a travel, so you miss 2 calls at once...something they tried to point out in the game last night when McCown traveled, but only after she got bumped). There are a lot of moving pieces here. They do have tryouts for college refs, and i'm not sure how those are done, but unless they're done by an independent audit, there will be agendas and biases involved.

Reaction Score
While your point about having more male refs might not go over well, I think it’s valid. My sister played three sports in high school and soccer at the collegiate level, and she always complained that women’s refs were the worst.

I’m not saying men are inherently better officials. But prioritizing having women’s refs means that the NCAAW is limiting its pool of potential officials, rather than trying to get the best collection of refs possible. Maybe in their eyes it looks better, but it’s been a detriment to the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom