OT: - Giants Cowboys | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants Cowboys

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sterling Shepard isn't a game breaking WR but he's a better receiver than Engram.
Engram is the only true big play receiver and he’s no game breaker. Shepard is steady.I like him. Head case Beckham was a game breaker. The point is, Jones needs a lot of help. Last week our guy Peart looked like a rookie pass blocking. Jones is pretty accurate and mobile enough for a guy his size. When you look at their season, Jones made a lot of mistakes in the first half of the season and the team lost several games late. He cleaned that up but was unfortunately injured and missed or was limited against some good teams. was mostly good. This seems like a competent coaching staff. Go Eagles.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is where I’m at too. Want to see what Jones is able to do with a legit #1 and if that doesn’t work, then time to move on.
I’m not so sure that it would be time to move on. Any QB needs a decent pass blocking line. A QB doesn’t hold all the cards. But they definitely need a #1 receiver.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
Engram is pathetic butterfingers. How bout DeVonta Smith? 6' 1" but only 175.

Reaction Score
The Giants draft position isn't relevant this year, as it relates to picking 10-12 or 16-18. At some point, you have to start winning and stop losing to move up the draft board a few spots. Unless your team has a major hole and there's a draftable player who fills that hole - like Trevor Lawrence this year or Chase Young last year - losing games to move up a few spots is incredibly dumb.

I also don't know that I agree with a game-breaking WR as the #1 need. Most winning teams don't have game-breaking WRs, they have playmakers and skilled options. Slayton and Shepherd are solid WRs and Barkley adds another receiving option out of the backfield. I'd much rather shore up the O-line in free agency if possible than add a fourth receiver option.

I think they can also accomplish this by moving on from Engram and either drafting or signing a TE who can double as a good receiving option and a solid blocker. And who won't drop everything in sight. Giving Jones multiple solid receiving options is better IMO than loading up with another Beckham-style WR. If they can get a 4th rounder for Engram, I'd take it and run.

If he's there, Smith out of Alabama would be a steal. The TE from Florida is another option if he's available.

Reaction Score
The Giants draft position isn't relevant this year, as it relates to picking 10-12 or 16-18. At some point, you have to start winning and stop losing to move up the draft board a few spots. Unless your team has a major hole and there's a draftable player who fills that hole - like Trevor Lawrence this year or Chase Young last year - losing games to move up a few spots is incredibly dumb.

I also don't know that I agree with a game-breaking WR as the #1 need. Most winning teams don't have game-breaking WRs, they have playmakers and skilled options. Slayton and Shepherd are solid WRs and Barkley adds another receiving option out of the backfield. I'd much rather shore up the O-line in free agency if possible than add a fourth receiver option.

I think they can also accomplish this by moving on from Engram and either drafting or signing a TE who can double as a good receiving option and a solid blocker. And who won't drop everything in sight. Giving Jones multiple solid receiving options is better IMO than loading up with another Beckham-style WR.
Well for starters they need a corner opposite Bradberry. Can’t play zone forever and the Browns and Ravens exposed the zone at will. They also need an OLB. If they can keep the D Line together we are set there for a while. The O Line finally isn’t atrocious. I like Kaden Smith at TE but he’s a #2 for sure. Need a WR though, Tate and Engram are fine to go for me, but need some type of replacement.

Reaction Score
Well for starters they need a corner opposite Bradberry. Can’t play zone forever and the Browns and Ravens exposed the zone at will. They also need an OLB. If they can keep the D Line together we are set there for a while. The O Line finally isn’t atrocious. I like Kaden Smith at TE but he’s a #2 for sure. Need a WR though, Tate and Engram are fine to go for me, but need some type of replacement.
Agreed, I think a number of these holes can be filled by smart free agency moves.

Reaction Score
Agreed, I think a number of these holes can be filled by smart free agency moves.
The biggest problem is going to be cap space, they have very little cap space already and a lot of the available cap space is going to need to go to Leonard Williams and Dalvin Tomlinson

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
mr jones has legit game. he came into the league smart, tall, and strong. now, he is smart, tall, strong, and gaining experience by the month. the opening drive and closing field goal were textbook. the o line is alive and breathing, and the d line delivered 4 third down sacks. 4!

Reaction Score
Engram is the only true big play receiver and he’s no game breaker.
And I guess that sums up why the Giants receivers stink. If he's your only true big play receiver then you're in trouble! Lol

Reaction Score
Receivers looked a little better today without Golden Tate, you sign a wr to a big contract you better hit on it. Not that giants dont need a wr or 2 but sometimes not having a diva type of receiver is addition by subtraction they demand the ball and doesn't help if their injury prone. Having Saquon back should help as well, with an improved oline.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
WFT up to 6.5 point favorite.

Much better story if the Giants get in imo: the terrible record; the history with Brady.

Reaction Score
let’s go football washington club. my dad would be so pleased if the ny football giants pull it off

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
18-1
As my hometown team, I really like the Patriots. Kraft and Parcells reinvented the sport in the area. OTOH, I've been a Washington fan since I was 5 or 6 years old.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
let’s go football washington club. my dad would be so pleased if the ny football giants pull it off
Then why do you want to disappoint your dad?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Then why do you want to disappoint your dad?
Probably meant ironically. These are not the Jack Kent Cooke Washington team. Snyder's teams have a history of letting loyal fans down.

Reaction Score
Probably meant ironically. These are not the Jack Kent Cooke Washington team. Snyder's teams have a history of letting loyal fans down.
lol no

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom