Georgia Tech Postgame Thread [Merged Thread] | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Georgia Tech Postgame Thread [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would be really be happy if Dorka could provide some consistent low post points. Right now the only consistent low post scoring option is Liv, and she needs some help.
Agreed. And GA has her standing around 17 feet from the low block holding the ball and watching at least 3 others run around 22 feet from the basket. And when panic sets in she tries to throw bounce passes through 3 sets of legs. If she's such a great passer, by now she should have learned to get the ball low, see the double coming, and get the ball out quickly to a shooter. If she hasn't, that's on GA. Fortner couldn't believe how easy they are to guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you think forcing two sobbing players to face a room full of reporters somehow makes them better people or players, I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree
If anyone was crying after this game they don’t deserve to play the next game. They are very short handed now and lost. Not a big deal. Not worth crying over.

Reaction Score
theres a thread there that could be pulled, how the coaching staff has looked strange since Moseley left. You had the bizarre disappearance of Lister, then the thing with Ralph near the end of last season. Sorry but Valley has not distinguished herself anywhere she has coached.
What was the reason Lister disappeared. Also is she still in the coaching ranks? Have not heard. What happened at the end of the season with Shea? Didn't someone in her family have Covid?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Massey is wrong. GT is a TOP 25 team
On who’s poll? The AP and Coaches poll do not have them ranked. Is that your personal opinion that they are a top 25 team? Provide the link please

Reaction Score
What was the reason Lister disappeared. Also is she still in the coaching ranks? Have not heard. What happened at the end of the season with Shea? Didn't someone in her family have Covid?
Shea is the head coach at Vanderbuilt

Reaction Score
On who’s poll? The AP and Coaches poll do not have them ranked. Is that your personal opinion that they are a top 25 team? Provide the link please
Personal opinion before this game, and, certainly after this game. Mock my words, next week both polls will reflect GT as a TOP 25 team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Personal opinion before this game, and, certainly after this game. Mock my words, next week both polls will reflect GT as a TOP 25 team.
You can state your opinion. I stated a ranking from a ranking service. It was their opinion not mine. If you say they are wrong, you need to furnish tangible proof that they are wrong. You can say “in your opinion they are wrong “, that’s ok. I copied what Massey had posted on their website. Your comment made it appear that the information I provided was wrong. It was not.

Reaction Score
I haven't read the thirteen pages of comments so I will probably repeat a lot of what has already been said. I gave myself some time to chill and try to be objective with my observations. I really do try to be a glass half full person but what I saw last night is concerning. This group has big problems both individually and as a team. They haven't looked like UConn since game one even with Paige in the lineup and that has not gotten better through the first quarter of the season. Letting someone come from the three point line down the lane to get a rebound can't happen. Trying to press and having the pass go over the entire defense for an easy layup can't happen. The team defense was atrocious as was the half court offense. These issues have got to be corrected or it's going to be a very long season. These players and coaching staff are better than this.

I didn't think they were playing like a top five team before all of the injuries. Now they don't look like a top 25 team. The silver lining is that they've got the rest of the season to get their act together and make a run during tournament time. To paraphrase a line from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", they're not dead yet.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My bad. Out for how long?
Aubrey Griffin is day to day
Azzi Fudd has another week+ if all goes well
Nika Muhl has 3 weeks if all goes well
Paige is 6-8 weeks if all goes well

Reaction Score
Filmed in Eugene. Can still recognize many locations. Off topic sorry!
Wait what as in Oregon? I spent a week there for work. Right by the University. They filmed there? I walked on Hallowed Ground haha! Yes, day made I walked where Belushi walked!!

Reaction Score
You can state your opinion. I stated a ranking from a ranking service. It was their opinion not mine. If you say they are wrong, you need to furnish tangible proof that they are wrong. You can say “in your opinion they are wrong “, that’s ok. I copied what Massey had posted on their website. Your comment made it appear that the information I provided was wrong. It was not.
I have now clarified it was my opinion. Massey's rankings (at this point in the season) are not worth quoting. Massey has North Carolina ranked #3? My opinion again: Massey, like most of the other ranking sites, seem to be worthy of quoting 3-4 weeks into conference play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom