Georgia State Post Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Georgia State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I gave Fagano a pass on the firs week because of the dropped passes. This week, he wasn't even close to his targets.

Reaction Score
My attachment was just the European model. As we all know, there are multiple models.
Mine was in a humorous mode.

Reaction Score
We need an offensive coordinator but we also need talent. There are no players on this offense that would scare any defense. We have a couple of backs in Houston and Rosa who are capable of 100 yard games occasionally. What team does not? GAST certainly had a couple.

Reaction Score
Mora being our D coordinator is a problem, our D sucks for one but it has effected us on offense too, last year ok had to do it on the fly. Mora has put far too much trust in Charlton.

Reaction Score
We certainly found a way to cut our potential crowd in half for the next home game. And, if we have a similar start to the FIU game, we may never see half of that crowd for the second half. A crowd of 36,000 will be just a dream again.

Reaction Score
Houston for 3rd and 2??? Why not put in a power back who can move the chains. Whoever is our rb coach needs to find a new job because Brewton and Houston should not be our guys for 3rd down if we need to get a first.
And that’s not a Houston problem, that’s a play calling issue. Why would you call a play to run him up the middle in a 3rd/2…Houston had 2 “long” runs that both resulted in first downs but BOTH were called back due to holding on the OLine.

I don’t think our backs are the issue, it’s the NOT KNOWING WHEN TO USE the backs that’s the issue. Nobody fears our offense, whatsoever….there is no balance, the line can’t hold their blocks…just ass terrible.

Reaction Score
I don’t think I’m overreacting when I say that game was probably the death of our program.

You can’t hype up a season like this and then perform this badly after being passed up again by the P5. There’s not a single way out for our program. No G5 wants this garbage team and we wouldn’t even go anyway because it would degrade basketball too much. I’m calling it now that we go 3-9, Mora leaves, and the program is disbanded within the next 3 years.

I’m beyond furious with this university for their decade of devaluing and utterly destroying this program. Leaving the AAC and giving up on football may be a top 10 worst college sports decision of all time. Look what happened to Cinci, Houston, UCF, SMU. If half that conference can make it - we certainly could have. But the school gave up and that is beyond abundantly clear right now.

Reaction Score
I think this week (is Charlton gone or at least a new play caller / who is going to be QB1) and the effort on the field vs FIU might be the end of the line for me in terms of having any future expectations for this program. If they don’t make a change and don’t come out with a strong effort on both sides of the ball, have to start to wonder how serious we are about having a legit FBS program.

Will still always love UConn football, but I’ve been hurt too many times, might be at the point of saying “I can’t date you anymore, we just have to be friends”.
I know you can give some “but, but, buts”, here so just saying, both Charlton and Fagnano came from an FCS program, that was blown out yesterday by another FCS program (North Dakota State) 44-7.

Reaction Score
I don’t think I’m overreacting when I say that game was probably the death of our program.

You can’t hype up a season like this and then perform this badly after being passed up again by the P5. There’s not a single way out for our program. No G5 wants this garbage team and we wouldn’t even go anyway because it would degrade basketball too much. I’m calling it now that we go 3-9, Mora leaves, and the program is disbanded within the next 3 years.

I’m beyond furious with this university for their decade of devaluing and utterly destroying this program. Leaving the AAC and giving up on football may be a top 10 worst college sports decision of all time. Look what happened to Cinci, Houston, UCF, SMU. If half that conference can make it - we certainly could have. But the school gave up and that is beyond abundantly clear right now.
You’re overreacting.

Reaction Score

No, you're overreacting.

These two bolded statements alone are two of the most absurd things anyone has ever said on this board.

Reaction Score
Marinelli knows how to run N-zone as good as anyone. I honestly think he'd do a better job than Charlton

You don’t think canning a coordinator in the first month of the season two years in a row is a bad look?

We already don’t have a D coordinator. This could be a disaster.

It can always get worse. But once the season is over, off with his head.

Reaction Score
You’re overreacting.
Ok then explain to me the realistic best case 1 and 5 year scenarios for us at this point. Because I’m struggling to see anything better than a 4 win season and anyone wanting this program in their conference.

Reaction Score
You don’t think canning a coordinator in the first month of the season two years in a row is a bad look?

We already don’t have a D coordinator. This could be a disaster.

It can always get worse. But once the season is over, off with his head.
It really depends on too much info that we won't be privy to. If the team was basically in revolt because of the QB competition and we get rid of Charlton and play Roberson then it could definitely be a net positive. In any other scenario no it's probably not the best idea

Reaction Score

Going back to the Big East was the best thing we ever did. We were going to continue to blow in the AAC for football and it was badly hurting our basketball program. We would've been left out of the Big 12 and ACC and stuck in absolute hell in the AAC right now if we didn't make the move.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I’ll be honest - this was the nail in our coffin. There’s no coming back from a loss like that. You can’t hype up a season like this and lose that badly to a team like GSTU. I really had hope in Mira (as my username suggests) but this is pretty much over. We gave up on football when we went to the big east and there’s no coming back. The P5s don’t want us and we won’t go to G5 because of basketball. Only solution? Kill football.

I’m furious at our schools administration and personally I will not be forgiving them. I’ve been a proud alum for many years but the way they’ve treated our athletics program has been a slap in the face. They knew football was dead 4 years ago and this blundering season is the culmination of 13 years of poor decision making. Good luck collecting donations at the FCS level.
Your loyalty knows no bounds. With friends like you, UConn Football needs no enemies. Probably best to change that user name, or just do the right thing and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom