Georgia State Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Georgia State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
After sleeping on it, I think we shouldn’t panic. I am concerned Mora is losing the team given the effort issues. But he still knows how to coach. That said, there is no universe in which I trust my or any of your judgment on the starting QB over Mora’s. I think our talent may just be what it is.

My bigger concern is that the coaches know we have some serious talent deficits and that is why our offense looks like a 5th grade pee wee team’s.
I don’t know why some people think coaches always make the right decision at QB. We plainly saw Roberson had more ability last night, trust your eyes.

Reaction Score
I think everyone realizes this was garbage time, but it’s also impossible to look at yesterday and not see that Roberson should be starting. Fagnano did not see complex coverage schemes. They stacked the box and dared him to beat them. That relative performance is what people are talking to IMO, not whether Roberson’s performance is exactly what we should expect moving forward.
Actually some people were talking about how easily he moved the ball and how good the rhythm looked when he was in there- I was simply responding to posts like that. Again, I do believe he has tools and should have started from jump. However, I’m not conspiratorial in that I believe Mora started who he felt gave the team the best chance to win. Arm strength I believe was the deciding factor.

Reaction Score
I agree you can’t judge him but you can judge Fagnano after 1 1/2 games and he’s not very good. Roberson has to be on the field first offensive series or they’re absolutely blind.
I concur

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Anyone who's still posting here after the last 13 years is probably not jumping ship lol.
I think this week (is Charlton gone or at least a new play caller / who is going to be QB1) and the effort on the field vs FIU might be the end of the line for me in terms of having any future expectations for this program. If they don’t make a change and don’t come out with a strong effort on both sides of the ball, have to start to wonder how serious we are about having a legit FBS program.

Will still always love UConn football, but I’ve been hurt too many times, might be at the point of saying “I can’t date you anymore, we just have to be friends”.

Reaction Score
This.....these Rhino/ rugby scrum formations that we had to watch for 3 quarters, even down 28 pts, because either Mora or Charlton think they can establish the run like this is mind boggling. When will they look in the mirror and just stop. It injured 3 RB's last year trying to force small speed backs into 3000lbs of beef. Besides giving the opponents D, nothing to defend.

It just seems crazy that every coach who comes to Uconn ( all defensive guys ) refuses to spread out and open up an offense ( like every normal CFB program in America). But continue with this pedestrian run, run, pass, punt futility and play like scared little boys trying run time off the clock....that we've been doomed to watch since George DeLeone (RIP).
Here's where I'm at. And if we don't ever commit to a balanced offense we'll never get there in terms of development and personnel. And any decent QB or receiver will avoid this place like the plague or leave when they recognize their mistake. But the coaches are always way smarter than every fan yada yada...

Reaction Score
I think this week (is Charlton gone or at least a new play caller / who is going to be QB1) and the effort on the field vs FIU might be the end of the line for me in terms of having any future expectations for this program. If they don’t make a change and don’t come out with a strong effort on both sides of the ball, have to start to wonder how serious we are about having a legit FBS program.

Will still always love UConn football, but I’ve been hurt too many times, might be at the point of saying “I can’t date you anymore, we just have to be friends”.
I’m sure by Wednesday it will pass and I’ll find something to believe in, but I’m with you. I can’t keep doing this as of right now. It is a constant cloud hanging over my head.

The most likely thing to rope me back in is an OC change. I’d love for Noel Mazzone to help us out again. I’d also like to see Roberson named the starter right away. The QB choice should be quick and decisive.

Reaction Score
It seems Mora wasn't the right choice. We needed an offensive minded coach willing to install an NFL like scheme to bring some excitement and recruits..the hope was Mora"s name would bring in top recruits. I don't think it matters. They see the coaches and schemes and will be scared away. AD deserves as much heat as anyone.

Reaction Score
I like to give coaches the benefit of doubt. Sometimes a team is just better and it’s hard to scheme any advantage. Don’t think that was the case last night. We seem to be very predictable and didn’t do a lot of motion or formations to keep them guessing.

Reaction Score
I say you find a way to get Tucker McDonald some burn.
The kid had great film and seems to have great instincts in the pocket and accuracy. But if we don't get an attitude adjustment about how to run an offense and turn this thing around why would he stay? I hope we get to find out what his potential is but this offensive mindset is garbage.

Reaction Score
the Noel Mazzone stuff is hilarious.

I dislike Charlton’s offense and play calling more than most, but Mora won’t fire him mid season. And we aren’t getting anyone great to step into this dumpster fire.

Reaction Score

All I know is that if we somehow "figure it out" between now and Saturday, we absolutely need to pummel FIU into the Rent's beautiful natural turf. No calling off the dogs for "gamesmanship". I'm talking drop a 56-3 beatdown if at all possible. The fans need to see it and deserve it after last night's devastating debacle.

Reaction Score
And we ran it 3 straight times before punting. Not sure on what plangent any coach could think that’s smart football if they’re actually trying to win the game. View attachment 91369
Houston for 3rd and 2??? Why not put in a power back who can move the chains. Whoever is our rb coach needs to find a new job because Brewton and Houston should not be our guys for 3rd down if we need to get a first.

Reaction Score
The scariest quote, "they changed their defense ?" That's all JM got out of this ? Not that when your OC spreads out the other teams D with 4 wide it creates more options on offense for players in space and gives them something to actually cover & worry about, SMH !

“I thought Ta’Quan brought us good energy,” Mora said on the UConn Sports Network Postgame Show on 97-9 ESPN, Hartford. “But to me – I’m not talking about Ta’Quan now, I’m talking about his stats – those are empty yards. The game was, you know, we were fighting but it was a struggle. They changed the way they played defense, so I mean, he competed, I love the fact that he competed. It’s hard for me to find any positives right now.”
Actually I think he's saying you can't read too much into Ta'Quan's play or the stats because Georgia State went into a prevent defense.... he's not placing the blame for the poor offense on that... but cautioning against seeing it as a clear sign that Ta'Quan starting would've changed the result.

Reaction Score
My fear, other than the trepidation that UConn will slide into 1st place in ESPN’s bottom ten ranking, is that the less than stellar recruiting and lackluster offense AND defensive performances, and toss in Big12 and ACC passing over UConn AGAIN, all point to Mora packing it in this season. I’m not convinced we have good enough coaching. Last year’s team punched above their weight class, this year they have been measured and found wanting. I really want this team to do well.
That was the bummer yesterday. I wasn't convinced Mora and staff found a solution to the woefully ineffective passing from last year. But after yesterday I am not sure the coaching staff is up to the task of reloading this program.
I am not one to overreact to a loss, however yesterday's loss was really that bad. I was expecting a win yesterday and even if they lost in the same way they did against Ball St. last year I would have hated it but I could deal with it better. Yesterday's loss makes me question the coaching staff and whether this program will ever fully get out of the abyss.

Reaction Score
Actually I think he's saying you can't read too much into Ta'Quan's play or the stats because Georgia State went into a prevent defense.... he's not placing the blame for the poor offense on that.
Yep, stats when game is out of reach. This team played like they have no love for the game. Mailed it in.

But Taquan should start.

Reaction Score
Actually I think he's saying you can't read too much into Ta'Quan's play or the stats because Georgia State went into a prevent defense.... he's not placing the blame for the poor offense on that... but cautioning against seeing it as a clear sign that Ta'Quan starting would've changed the result.
But last week he stated that NC State was playing prevent and it was hard for us to pass against them… but Roberson comes in and is having way more success than Joe when a team is playing prevent

Reaction Score
It appears so. He’s semi retired and putting offenses together for some high schools. I’m not sure if he’d leave them in the lurch or not.

He and Mora are buddies. I felt Mazzone was a 7 day miracle worker. I’d love to see him help us finish this season and then reevaluate. He’d get the best out of Roberson and Joly for sure.

Would he come after the way Mora handled Spanos? BTW its interesting that our top productive starters at skilled positions Marion, Turner and Carter all dipped as fast as they could after big season for our program. Perhaps they weren't big fans of Charlton's offense and if he lost them who else do you think he's lost up to this point that may not be going 100%?

Reaction Score
One play call that still kinda mind boggling to me. Down 28-0, 4th and 2 at midfield and we punt. That’s when you knew game was truly over
You must have heard me screeching at the TV.

Reaction Score
I don’t know why some people think coaches always make the right decision at QB. We plainly saw Roberson had more ability last night, trust your eyes.
Im concerned that the reason Mora seems to not be getting the most out of the team is because the players wanted Roberson to be QB1. If the Fagnano stuff is really because of nepotism and prior connections then it would explain a lot. Roberson clearly looked better last night.

Reaction Score
Im concerned that the reason Mora seems to not be getting the most out of the team is because the players wanted Roberson to be QB1. If the Fagnano stuff is really because of nepotism and prior connections then it would explain a lot. Roberson clearly looked better last night.
Hurley always said..the team knew who the best players are..and if he didn’t play the 5 best players the team would revolt

Reaction Score

There was chatter that Roberson wasn’t 100%. If he doesn’t start next week then the fanbase might revolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom