Georgetown getting hammered by Monmouth | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown getting hammered by Monmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I bet they lose King Rice. He is going to rise given his pedigree and the evaluation skills he displayed putting this team together. There's no way he isn't a candidate both A10 and BE or any of the near P5 leagues.

Reaction Score
Monmouth. has 4 top 40 wins. Only Xav. can match that. Ok, Ken. Vir. have 1. They play 4 guards and spread the floor and that it hard to the rim, 33-37 ft and 10-20 on three's. Fun team to watch. Last night 5 players in DF and another with 7 points.

Reaction Score
Monmouth. has 4 top 40 wins. Only Xav. can match that. Ok, Ken. Vir. have 1. They play 4 guards and spread the floor and that it hard to the rim, 33-37 ft and 10-20 on three's. Fun team to watch. Last night 5 players in DF and another with 7 points.
They also have a big man that doesn't have to jump to get a rebound. Even if they don't play well you always have the bench to watch.

Reaction Score
As JMICK was saying, we just have to make the tourney and then who knows.
This college bball season feels eerily similar to 2014. No real dominant teams. Would guess there will be at least two 4 seeds or lower in the final four.

Reaction Score
For all the talk about AB it's all about the guards and we have them. They get consistent and play well and we have a chance.

Reaction Score
Have you seen Xavier? If so what are your thoughts?

Has anyone else besides me had a chance to watch them?

Coming into the season the PG spot was a huge question mark.

Saw the second half against Michigan, bits and pieces against Dayton, and most of the game against Cincinnati.

Not sure I have anything profound to add other than that they've been extremely impressive. We know what they're capable of shooting the ball, but they really impressed me defensively against Cincinnati. Weird thing with Xavier is they don't really have a true point, but yet they average 16 assists per game as a team.

Anyhow, the one guy who could make this team different than your typical Xavier team is Jalen Reynolds. That kid might be a pro.

Reaction Score
Saw the second half against Michigan, bits and pieces against Dayton, and most of the game against Cincinnati.

Not sure I have anything profound to add other than that they've been extremely impressive. We know what they're capable of shooting the ball, but they really impressed me defensively against Cincinnati. Weird thing with Xavier is they don't really have a true point, but yet they average 16 assists per game as a team.

Anyhow, the one guy who could make this team different than your typical Xavier team is Jalen Reynolds. That kid might be a pro.

I think the addition of RaShid Gaston from Norfolk State for 2016-17 (a potential double/double machine in the NBE) leads me to believe Reynolds may jump after his Junior year. Not sure he would go 1st round though if he declares early.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sweet 5200 crowd reported in a building that seats 18,000.

What these big east zealots don't understand is that besides not being interesting on tv, nobody is going to their games at these NBA arenas. They're taking a bath on rent. Just take a look at how few games St. John's has at MSG this year.

But wooooooooooo Catholic league!!!!1

I think they are more excited about the fact they have a lot of good teams. Getting 6-7 bids in a 10 team league is probably more exciting than whooo Catholic League!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom