Georgetown getting hammered by Monmouth | The Boneyard

Georgetown getting hammered by Monmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone keeps saying parity but I just feel like CBB is down this year.

Good news for us, though, so long as we make the tournament. There's no clear #1 so March should be exciting.

Reaction Score
Monmouth should be ranked. Seaborn is a great shooting guard.

Reaction Score
Monmouth is crap and CBB is down? they are beating UCLA, Notre Dame, USC, and Georgetown in AWAY games. They are good.

Those are good wins, and they're not home wins, but ND and USC were neutral games, just to be clear.

Reaction Score
Monmouth is a good team, so you can deal with the loss there. Getting blown out is another matter, though. Can't figure this Georgetown team out.

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps saying parity but I just feel like CBB is down this year.

Good news for us, though, so long as we make the tournament. There's no clear #1 so March should be exciting.
It seems to be down every year. Maybe college bball isn't very good anymore?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good? Not Good?
Monmouth has some good wins and seems to be a very disciplined team on offense
Sometimes those type of teams give certain "good" teams real problems
There are a few every year
They are fun to watch - their bench antics alone are worth the price of admission
thankful there are teams like them (as long as they don't beat UConn!)

Reaction Score
Monmouth is a good team, so you can deal with the loss there. Getting blown out is another matter, though. Can't figure this Georgetown team out.

Have you seen Xavier? If so what are your thoughts?

Has anyone else besides me had a chance to watch them?

Coming into the season the PG spot was a huge question mark.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Have you seen Xavier? If so what are your thoughts?
Has anyone else besides me had a chance to watch them?
Coming into the season the PG spot was a huge question mark.

Only saw some of that game the other night, but X looked really good. They're legit from what I saw. Nothing great to add, as I was only casually watching at a bar. Didn't notice any issues at the point though.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Sweet 5200 crowd reported in a building that seats 18,000.

What these big east zealots don't understand is that besides not being interesting on tv, nobody is going to their games at these NBA arenas. They're taking a bath on rent. Just take a look at how few games St. John's has at MSG this year.

But wooooooooooo Catholic league!!!!1

Reaction Score

What these big east zealots don't understand is that besides not being interesting on tv, nobody is going to their games at these NBA arenas. They're taking a bath on rent. Just take a look at how few games St. John's has at MSG this year.

So drunk but so true

Reaction Score
Well, Monmouth does have the best bench in the Country.

Reaction Score
Maybe we need Monmouth in the AAC. They schedule tougher than most of our conference foes.

Reaction Score
The Monmouth bench is hands down the best bench in CBB. Last night they did the "Sistine Chapel", very funny. Should they make it they will be my favorite dark horse tourney team.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I couldn't believe when I saw (on TV) all those empty seats in the lower level. It looked alot less than 5k. Disappointing home crowd for Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Monmouth is a good team that seems to raise it a level when plating a marquee team. I really want to see what they do to Rutgers on the 20th.

Reaction Score
they have no one left on their schedule to boost their resume so this was a great win for them. All of their major contributors will be back next year. if they don't dance this year they've got another great crack at it next year. Let's schedule them over Lowell

Reaction Score
they have no one left on their schedule to boost their resume so this was a great win for them. All of their major contributors will be back next year. if they don't dance this year they've got another great crack at it next year. Let's schedule them over Lowell

I looked at their roster and it looks like they lose Deon Jones. That will be a big loss. It will be very interesting to watch and see if they can add a kid like Rayon Christie to the 2016 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom