Geno's comment on Ice | The Boneyard

Geno's comment on Ice

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I have always been a Celtics fan but have to admit that those Knicks teams of the early seventies were really good. Great teamwork and ball movement.

I had forgotten that they used to put mikes on the backboard and the ball would make a distinctive sound hitting the rim. You can hear it a few times in the first 40 seconds of the video. Always liked that sound.

Reaction Score
I was playing in the band for Ringling Brothers in 1973, sharing MSG with the Knicks. During intermission for one of our shows, Willis came in for treatment and walked right past me. I was unprepared for seeing a human that large! We were eternally grateful to the Knicks; going all the way gave us some unplanned paid vacation.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
For those who think Ice is going to mach up unfavorably to the 6-5 or 6-6 opponents' centers: Reed gave up 3-4" to Wilt Chamberlain, whom he faced in their first championship. Reed was the MVP of that series IIRC.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I loved watching it but I kept wondering what was missing. Then I realized that each lay up, dunk or block wasn't followed by a group primal scream and serial chest bumps. Ah the good old days!
+1

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For those who think Ice is going to mach up unfavorably to the 6-5 or 6-6 opponents' centers: Reed gave up 3-4" to Wilt Chamberlain, whom he faced in their first championship. Reed was the MVP of that series IIRC.
Chamberlain still averaged around 25 ppg, 21 rpg and 4 assists per game vs Reed over his career. I wouldn't say Reed had his number.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I hope that Geno is correct, then I don't see anyone beating UConn with ICE and Aaliyah down low and Nika, Paige and Azzi outside. Then Geno switches with Caroline, Aubrey and KK coming in with Paige or Azzi with either ICE or Aaliyah down. No team will be able to keep up with this team as long as they stay healthy and I don't see anyone having to play more than 25 minutes a game, especialy in the Big East play.

Reaction Score
I was always a die hard Celtic fan back in the 60's through the 80's, but those early 70's Knick teams were wonderful in their approach to the game, they get a big tip of the hat from me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom