Geno Will Double Down | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Will Double Down

Reaction Score
Then we do what we had to do in 2014 when the only one to sign with UConn was Saniya Chong: we go out and get a Tierney Lawlor and Brianna Pulido.

How does that help the team?

Reaction Score
Everyone needs to "Chill- Out" concerning the 2019/2020 recruiting class. UCONN Fans apparently have forgotten that a true diamond in the rough in Aubrey Griffin, who has already committed. With all of these posts concerning Boston going to South Carolina and the uncertainty regarding Jones, it sounds like everyone from UCONN is going to jump off the XL Center Building. A program such as the one that Geno has at UCONN will be just fine. I am sure he and his coaching staff has plan #1, plan #2, plan # 3, plan #4, and plan #5 in place, all with contingencies built in. So take go have a good stiff drink, relax, and enjoy this season.

Reaction Score
Late signees over the past 8 years or so included Shoni Schimmel and Sabrina Ionescu.

they were recognized players that were still available, they just took their time deciding where they wanted to play.................let's face facts, after Jones there are no highly ranked players remaining...............perhaps a graduate transfer..................Geno will need to be all in on the 2020 class with a minimum of four high quality signings..............if UConn can't accomplish that with so many excellent players in the class, then there really will be reason to be concerned

Reaction Score
Everyone needs to "Chill- Out" concerning the 2019/2020 recruiting class. UCONN Fans apparently have forgotten that a true diamond in the rough in Aubrey Griffin, who has already committed. With all of these posts concerning Boston going to South Carolina and the uncertainty regarding Jones, it sounds like everyone from UCONN is going to jump off the XL Center Building. A program such as the one that Geno has at UCONN will be just fine. I am sure he and his coaching staff has plan #1, plan #2, plan # 3, plan #4, and plan #5 in place, all with contingencies built in. So take go have a good stiff drink, relax, and enjoy this season.

I'm certainly not planning any suicidal jumps but I really don't think there is a plan B for 2019 other then a possible transfer be it graduate or otherwise.................as Geno admitted when ONO signed, he was really relieved because she was their last shot in that class.................I'm sure he was counting on signing a minimum of two out of the four offered recruits, preferably three but perhaps luck isn't on his side this year................of course the signing of Haley Jones would take much of the sting out of it................perhaps lady luck will shine on Geno one more time................my fingers are crossed.............

Reaction Score
Chief, all that matters at CT is winning championships. Last count 0-2 the last 2 years after 4 years of Stewie (the most decorated female player in the world?). You are right CT HAD a fabulous run. THAT'S THE POINT! There are NO GUARANTEES of that continuing. In fact you can bet it will not continue. Geno doesnt seem to be working at recruiting to maintain that level. Does he think the CT name is enough (cuz it apparently ain't)? Is he getting outworked by ND, SC, BAY, TX? Unfortunately, Geno (and by association all of you) are in for a rude awakening. The playing field has leveled for the top 6-7 teams. We will see how good Geno really is.
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Not over? If you are referring to Jones I believe she is the last uncommitted player in ESPN's Top 100. That would be a great (AND MUCH NEEDED!) get. I would expect to get Jones. I wouldnt expect UConn to virtually wiff (sans Griffin) on an entire recruiting class. Do recruits "flip" in NCAA womens bball? I hope so. I dont think I've seen anyone flip before. Even EDD, D'JB and AEH showed up at UConn before they left.

Sweet Jebus! The Yard has bots.

Back to rocky top, billy bob.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wait until class of 2020

OK fine. Tell that to the "chicken littles" that have suddenly popped up here in the yard. I have not posted a single "doomsday" post regarding Boston's decision, nor am I pondering a suicidal jump. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think we'll survive just fine whether we end up with a serious recruiting class this year or not. I hope Aubrey works out, but I think people might not consider her a 'serious' recruit yet because of her ranking, and because Ossining payers haven't worked out very well here so far.

Reaction Score
I think we'll survive just fine whether we end up with a serious recruiting class this year or not. I hope Aubrey works out, but I think people might not consider her a 'serious' recruit yet because of her ranking, and because Ossining payers haven't worked out very well here so far.

I think Aubrey is going to be really good................still she alone isn't going to replace the two graduating All-Americans.............next year's team will have some really talented players just not enough of them even if Haley Jones comes on board...........

Reaction Score
I think Aubrey is going to be really good......still she alone isn't going to replace the two graduating All-Americans...next year's team will have some really talented players just not enough of them even if Haley Jones comes on board......
If Haley Jones comes onboard we'll have plenty

Reaction Score
If Haley Jones comes onboard we'll have plenty

it will sure help as she can play in multiple roles but as good as she is, she'll still be a freshman and the front line will be still be awfully small after ONO...........if there's no HJ I suppose the four would be shared by Camara and Irwin...............if Camara leaves after this season, exactly who are your other forwards after MW and KI? Are you going to play Griffin up front? It's a mess either way............

Reaction Score
it will sure help as she can play in multiple roles but as good as she is, she'll still be a freshman and the front line will be still be awfully small after ONO......if there's no HJ I suppose the four would be shared by Camara and Irwin.....if Camara leaves after this season, exactly who are your other forwards after MW and KI? Are you going to play Griffin up front? It's a mess either way..
Maybe we'll just have to play 3 guards? Maybe Camara will stay?

SPELLING?? We don't need no stinking SPELLING! :p

Reaction Score
I was hoping Griffin wouldn’t get much floor time and move to L’ville but that ain’t happening. She’s going to be good if given the opportunity

Reaction Score
OK fine. Tell that to the "chicken littles" that have suddenly popped up here in the yard. I have not posted a single "doomsday" post regarding Boston's decision, nor am I pondering a suicidal jump. ;)
That’s funny. Thanks for the chuckle

Reaction Score
Is the isuue with not signing some players ,with Uconn not being in a power 5 division or players not knowing when Geno is retiring or both?

Reaction Score
Saniya and Tierney’s class was 152-2 with three national championships.

First off, the OP was referring to walk ons Pulido and Lawlor. Secondly, even though I respect what both Lawlor and Pulido did for the team off the court and in practices, their impact on the court during games was relegated to garbage minutes in blow outs. If you think that 2 walk ons are going to help this team next year, you are kidding yourself!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is the isuue with not signing some players ,with Uconn not being in a power 5 division or players not knowing when Geno is retiring or both?

Neither. It is just 1 bad recruiting year at the worst possible time, that's all! If UConn fails to land an impact recruiting class next year, then we can start looking at reasons why.

Last edited:

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score
All the new posters who want to start crap..... So annoying. Thanks for your post. Geno will figure it out
Not this new guys very first post from a few days back. I hate generalizations...So annoying.

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score
Chief, all that matters at CT is winning championships. Last count 0-2 the last 2 years after 4 years of Stewie (the most decorated female player in the world?). You are right CT HAD a fabulous run. THAT'S THE POINT! There are NO GUARANTEES of that continuing. In fact you can bet it will not continue. Geno doesnt seem to be working at recruiting to maintain that level. Does he think the CT name is enough (cuz it apparently ain't)? Is he getting outworked by ND, SC, BAY, TX? Unfortunately, Geno (and by association all of you) are in for a rude awakening. The playing field has leveled for the top 6-7 teams. We will see how good Geno really is.
Awful take. Do you realize that the number of talented young women on the court has increased dramatically. It was bound to happen and it’s a great thing. Instead of 2-3 teams a year vying for a national championship it is increasing steadily. And like technology it’s only going to increase quicker and quicker. Geno and his staff are cemented in as the greatest women’s program of all time. Like the UCLA men of the 60’s and 70’s it ain’t happening again. I’m pumped that there are more capable teams to compete with and don’t understand why any fan on this board would. Geno, Chris and the UConn program will always be the Mecca of women’s hoops. And if your going to see, “how good Geno is,” you don’t understand sports.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
First off, the OP was referring to walk ons Pulido and Lawlor. Secondly, even though I respect what both Lawlor and Pulido did for the team off the court and in practices, their impact on the court during games was relegated to garbage minutes in blow outs. If you think that 2 walk ons are going to help this team next year, you are kidding yourself!

And I simply pointed out that the last time we had two walk-ons, it worked out pretty well. I never said or implied that Lawlor and Pulido were great players. But neither you nor I really know what they contributed to the team. I'm still hoping Jones joins the team, but the last two classes with one scholarship player were not disasters.

Edit: saw your next post, and I think we're really on the same page.

Reaction Score
Even Geno said there wasn’t a plan B. He’s not worried, so I’m not either. Waiting for Svet to send some big Russians though.

Reaction Score
Bench got 65 minutes tonight

1543121067950.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr