Geno/team meet with media on Selection Sunday | The Boneyard

Geno/team meet with media on Selection Sunday

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If she looks like her old self, when does she go into the starting lineup?

Reaction Score

Here's the thing: Evina is right. One practice at a time, one game at a time. I love the team's confidence and Geno's observation the Paige Looks really good. UCONN, however, is no longer the team no one can beat. There are a lot of good teams, and several in the Bridgeport bracket ( NC STATE, Indiana, Notre Dame, Kentucky, and I know I forgot someone ). We can lose to anyone. The issue is; can we beat everyone? We will play nine. And if Paige is improving, that is an edge. The beauty is that no one is talking about UCONN. We are just another competitor. Mostly regarded as a tough out, but not an odds on favorite to win it all. If nine players shine for us, we can do it. But don't forget, two those nine are freshman. And one is returning from surgery. I think Olivia will hit a bunch of threes and set us on course. It is wide open. And we are under dogs.

Reaction Score
The beauty is that no one is talking about UCONN. We are just another competitor. Mostly regarded as a tough out, but not an odds on favorite to win it all.
This is exactly it. Yes, there is parity; yes, we are a #2 seed, but at the same time we are UConn and, it seems, the WCBB world will be reminded of that soon enough.

Reaction Score
I kind of like Paige coming off the bench and the reason being is more symbolic than strategic: It sends the message to the other non-starters, all of whom are worthy and capable of being starters, that their value is as great as the starters. Paige the reigning NPOY coming off the bench provides the equanimity in this....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom