Geno on the recruiting trail | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Geno on the recruiting trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She's got more than two months to sign. She was down to Oregon, Oregon State, and Cal at last check.
I heard today her brother is going to be a walk-on for one of the Oregon schools.So that is where she wants to go.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I heard today her brother is going to be a walk-on for one of the Oregon schools.So that is where she wants to go.
That info is months old. She still hasn't decided, though Oregon makes sense for that reason.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mikayla Cooms was named MVP of the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association’s All-Star Basketball Showcase game today. She led all scores with 15 points.

A couple other big names played: Maya Dodson (15 points), Kasiyahna Kushkituah (4 points).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mikayla Cooms was named MVP of the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association’s All-Star Basketball Showcase game today. She led all scores with 15 points.

A couple other big names played: Maya Dodson (15 points), Kasiyahna Kushkituah (4 points).
Well. That kinda answers that "Why not Kushkituah as a Husky recruit" question. Okay, let's keep the line moving. Next!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well. That kinda answers that "Why not Kushkituah as a Husky recruit" question. Okay, let's keep the line moving. Next!
A player should not be judged by her performance in an all star game. Some players do not play well in an unstructured game. There have been many players who did not score much in an all star game and had outstanding college careers.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Last update on the aforementioned Sidney Cooks:

She and Kenosha Saint Joseph lost their state title game Saturday. Cooks had 30 points and 13 rebounds.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is only one game. I don't know that the UCONN staff was looking at her but it would be a mistake to move on after one game.

Reaction Score

Ms. Kushkituah has missed a number of games this season. She did not play in her school's state championship final on March 5th due to injury (I did not hear any details on the injury). Of course, no one in their class was even close to her team this season so they probably weren't under any pressure to play her.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sidney Cooks unveils a top-10 list. Wisconsin plus:

The list, which Cooks announced on Twitter on Friday and said is in no particular order, also includes Michigan, Michigan State, UCLA, Tennessee, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue, South Carolina and Pittsburgh.

St. Joseph’s Cooks posts top-10 list of colleges

South Carolina was a late add which means somebody was in her ear. Hopefully Harris can build on that while they play for U18 team.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. PT will be limited for Montpremier or Brown. Davis and Cox will get starters minutes in the post until graduation.
Agree with you here CocoHuskey. IMO, Cox is better than either one. I don't believe Brown could've played at UConn. She makes Natalie look like a greyhound.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Agree with you here CocoHuskey. IMO, Cox is better than either one. I don't believe Brown could've played at UConn. She makes Natalie look like a greyhound.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised to see defections in Waco. There is no way to keep all those post players happy.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So I'll return to what I said when Cox committed to Waco. This is an immediate problem for Brown and Mompremier. I said each would be having second thoughts about committing to Waco. I said I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both asking to move on after next season. I also said Mulkey was a great recruiter but overrated as a coach, and that over recruiting is a bad idea. One thing I didn't say but will now. Mulkey will be lucky to make the Elite 8 in any of the next four years. If she does she'll find some way to impede her players further progress in the tournament. Also her UConn envy/sniping/side eyeing will amplify.

Reaction Score
So I'll return to what I said when Cox committed to Waco. This is an immediate problem for Brown and Mompremier. I said each would be having second thoughts about committing to Waco. I said I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both asking to move on after next season. I also said Mulkey was a great recruiter but overrated as a coach, and that over recruiting is a bad idea. One thing I didn't say but will now. Mulkey will be lucky to make the Elite 8 in any of the next four years. If she does she'll find some way to impede her players further progress in the tournament. Also her UConn envy/sniping/side eyeing will amplify.
If she keeps Cox happy you might end up wrong. She's going to be the real deal.

Reaction Score
Ms. Kushkituah has missed a number of games this season. She did not play in her school's state championship final on March 5th due to injury (I did not hear any details on the injury). Of course, no one in their class was even close to her team this season so they probably weren't under any pressure to play her.

I saw her play on ESPN - meh. I didn't see anything other than size

Prospect Nation #7 I do not think so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members