Geno on the missed dunks | The Boneyard

Geno on the missed dunks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad to read that Geno is treating every equally . . . even non-UConn grads aren't immune to his zingers:)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Haha...I definitely laughed out loud when Angel tried to dunk. Sylvia completely cleared the rim with the ball, but just didn't have herself sufficiently together to throw it down. Hey, even LeBron missed a dunk in the men's exhibition. Yes, he cleared the rim by a matter of feet, but he still missed.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Ouch!

It's common knowledge that Angel and Geno have a great relationship -- built on both respect and friendship. Geno would not pick on her if he did not love her and know that she knows it.

I'll bet Angel's teammates also gave her a big ribbing after the game.

Reaction Score
It's common knowledge that Angel and Geno have a great relationship -- built on both respect and friendship. Geno would not pick on her if he did not love her and know that she knows it.

I know...Angel is quite the story here in Atlanta with her alter ego, rap career, etc. I'm sure she and Geno have developed the same camaraderie he seems to foster with everyone he works with. I especially got a kick out of how Whalen gushed about him in the interview with Maya.

No criticism intended...I assure you!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can Angel, in fact, dunk?

Syl was well over the rim, but caught the ball on the back rim.

On LeBron's miss, he was 2' over the rim and still missed. The ball bounced 20-30' in the air.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Apparently, it is not common knowledge on the Louisville women's board.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"Angel's knee is fine. Her hands are fine. Her ankles are good. Her arms and shoulders are good. As you move up that ladder, things don't become so good."

That was really funny. It was an enjoyable game to watch. not sure about the box score, but several players "seemed" to have quiet games, but i bet they scored 8-10 points. As for Angel, I bet she laughed when she read/heard that. As for the L'ville fans, if one is predisposed to dislike Geno, this will not do anything to lessen that. If one appreciates his humor, then they will think it's funny.

I'll be curious to read comments from the players regarding their experiences in playing for Geno. One thing I find interesting is the reaction of people (fans) who don't know a whole story, but we all still have strong opinions none the less.

I remember the whole flap-up with Cappie - some suddenly had a real dislike for her. Then you read some comments from her months later talking about how much she likes and respects Geno, and some of the fans who were really down on her were like "oh, maybe she's not so bad" lol...

My point is, I wonder if any of those fans who get to read Angel's most likely glowing comments about Geno might change their opinions...

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Obviously, the fan who commented below the article doesn't know much about either Geno or Angel.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thinka that Angel's role on this team is still work in progress. No one wants to win more than she does. Being the primary player is ingrained with her. She now has teammates that she can trust and needs to adjust to that. She did well in the Worlds, but may need to relearn that a little.

Anything that Geno says about her is not mean in any way. He is either simply tweaking her for humor or he is making an instructional point. Or both.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

+ 1

Anybody on the Louisville board who doesn't get this has been asleep for the entire time that Angel has been involved in USA Basketball with Geno.

Reaction Score
I know...Angel is quite the story here in Atlanta with her alter ego, rap career, etc. I'm sure she and Geno have developed the same camaraderie he seems to foster with everyone he works with. I especially got a kick out of how Whalen gushed about him in the interview with Maya.

No criticism intended...I assure you!

Which interview was that? Do you have a link?

Reaction Score
Thanks -- great interview! I also liked Maya's interactions with Whalen... "You seem to know what's doing, i'll just follow you around" in response after Whalen listed what other sports she is going to try to see in London.

Whalen must be pretty special...

I get the impression that the Lynx have formed a real family...they sure play like it!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Whalen must be pretty special...

I get the impression that the Lynx have formed a real family...they sure play like it!
Lindsay seems to be a really tough kid, er, 30-year old.

Reaction Score
I "get" Geno's humor. I can honestly say that the best times and experiences I have had both personally and in the work place are with people who make seemingly belittling comments to me and about me. It is all meant in affectionate good humor and believe it or not, I have come to understand that people who do this are showing they are comfortable in our personal or work relationship, and it is in fact a weird kind of respect. These people would never dream of saying these things if I didn't know that they like and respect me, and know that I will take the comments in the teasing, affectionate spirit they are intended. I have seen them deal with other people who they do not have the same level of comfort and respect - and they are strictly business.

What fans of other teams, and even some UConn fans, don't understand is that as long as Geno is teasing you, you are in a good place. When he doesn't act like a goofball and make flippant remarks to and about you...that's when you need to worry.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Maya has a way with words. I bet Lindsay played hockey as a youth in Minnesota.

She did. Note her body control driving into a crowded lane. Just like a hockey player charging into the crease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom