Geno is Lou Saban? A good thing in the mind of.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno is Lou Saban? A good thing in the mind of....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One line in the article was "Geno has been called.......and Satan, but never Sabin." First thought was, isn't that the same thing?

You can't live on the difference, pardner...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, he could have been called Lou Albano.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is hard for her to stop definding her decision when so many people continue to question that very decision.

Ancient history, water under the bridge, spilt milk....however you want to look at it. What is done is done. After four years, it is time to move on.
I have to say, again, that I think they are handling it pretty well. It would be easy enough to try to shift 'blame' to the program, either through comment or the absence of comment. They have not done so. I respect that.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I don't like the comment... "its not about Championships", hell if its not but along with being happy.

Simple state of fact. Not any kind of criticism, not or you DC or anyone else. Many people play for goals other than championships or personal accolades. Some compete only to see how much they can improve themselves in the process.

You are one of those people chooses to pursue championships and that doesn't make you diminished in any way. You are just directed in a different direction.

Another way of looking at it: It's hard to truly know what motivates another unless you have walked in their shoes.

And another: To thine OWN self be true

just sayin'

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I've been trying to work out the symbolism of the conehead in the final party sequence for years...I think it's a comment on over-intellectualizing...

I think you're over intellectualizing, OTP. The Coneheads were on SNL until '79 - date of the song release. Maybe just someone trying to get some use out of his conehead paraphenalia.

Reaction Score
I think you're over intellectualizing, OTP. The Coneheads were on SNL until '79 - date of the song release. Maybe just someone trying to get some use out of his conehead paraphenalia.

Hence, the wry comment about over-intellectualizing... ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nick Saban, not Lou.

I think Lou fits as well. I remember Lou would always yell to the refs, "They're killing our boys!" attempting to get a call.

Reaction Score
Clearly, her choice, and does not effect me one way or the other. I just think for a MATURE 23 year old, she should stop defending her decision of four years ago. And if a girl does not want to play at Uconn, I am sure Geno does not want them.......case closed

You're right. She should stop defending it.

Not because she made the wrong decision. She didn't. For her, seeing her sister was more important than winning a championship. I can get behind that.

She should stop defending it because she shouldn't have to defend it. She made the right decision for herself, and likely for Uconn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You're right. She should stop defending it.

Not because she made the wrong decision. She didn't. For her, seeing her sister was more important than winning a championship. I can get behind that.

She should stop defending it because she shouldn't have to defend it. She made the right decision for herself, and likely for Uconn.
It's not like she is the one who brings the history at UConn up in interviews. Those asking questions do. If she didn't give answers people would accuse her of attempting to avoid the issue.

Reaction Score
Well that too :p My post really is in defense of Elena Delle Donne.

I really can't judge a kid poorly because she wanted to be near her sister...and she put that ahead of winning. I don't see a single character flaw in that. And I'm happy she decided to play basketball, because Women's Basketball is better for it.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Elena ends up doing a lot of good for special needs kids. That seems to be where her heart is.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well that too :p My post really is in defense of Elena Delle Donne.

I really can't judge a kid poorly because she wanted to be near her sister...and she put that ahead of winning. I don't see a single character flaw in that. And I'm happy she decided to play basketball, because Women's Basketball is better for it.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Elena ends up doing a lot of good for special needs kids. That seems to be where her heart is.
I know, I was adding some support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer