Geno is Lou Saban? A good thing in the mind of.... | The Boneyard

Geno is Lou Saban? A good thing in the mind of....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Really nice article. Ernie is all class and seems to genuinely be a great guy.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nick Saban, not Lou.

Wonderful insight into the young woman that EDD has become. As great a person as always.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
My bad. Hey...you've seen one Saban, you've seen 'em all.

BTW: both Ernie and Joan DD looked just a tad nervous down the stretch against WVU.
Thank heavens Elena was as cool as a cucumber....as usual.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't like the comment... "its not about Championships", hell if its not but along with being happy.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
DC, for some people it isn't and that is just that way it is. They are fine with it or without it. Clearly, that isn't you.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I thought that was an excellent article, which showed both Elena and her father in a positive way, which (in my opinion) is well-earned in both of their cases. If the unlikely does come to pass and UConn plays Delaware in Bridgeport, I hope that there will be no booing of EDD. But I am afraid that there may be.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Simple state of fact. Not any kind of criticism, not or you DC or anyone else. Many people play for goals other than championships or personal accolades. Some compete only to see how much they can improve themselves in the process.

You are one of those people chooses to pursue championships and that doesn't make you diminished in any way. You are just directed in a different direction.

Reaction Score
http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hc-jacobs-delle-donne-column-0325-20130325,0,5182979.column

Ernie Delle Donne!

The link is to Jeff Jacobs column in today's Courant. The article is about EDD and her decision and offers some quotes from Dad about her growth and about his thoughts on Geno and UConn.....basically could not be more positive.

What's next? Comparing Geno to Bear Bryant?
A good article, but, still a lot of smoke screen. When you have the talent that EDD has, you normally want to be on the big stage, playing for the best, and yes, you want to win championships. That is how you, and your school are judged in sports. She did not want to leave home to come to UCONN, but, now is wants to go to Chicago to play in the WNBA? I think she did not want the heat at Uconn, and that is her decision, everyone is not cut out for this program, (Samarie Walker). That was four years ago, for EDD, she does not have to keep defending her choice, the lady doth protest too much. And yes, I think she is a nice kid with a lot of talent.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She is now 23, not 18. She has lived on campus and on her own. She has grown up and matured. What don't you get about that, herb?

I have had kids leave church camp after two nights with homesickness and four years later become counselors at the same camp. It is the gift of maturing and transformation that is called life. EDD expresses that very well in the article.

Reaction Score
She is now 23 not 18. She has lived on campus and on her own. She has grown up and matured. What don't you get about the, herb?
I think I posted clearly what I don't get. What don't you get about what I get.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There is no normal with teenagers. They are each unique people coming from unique experiences. EDD at 18 was still living in the same house as her sister seeing her daily, today she lives across town in her own appartment and sees Lizzie once a week. Things have changed. Your understanding of things freezes her in to being the same 18 she was. She is not. That kid no longer exists. If she did THAT would be a developmental and maturing problem.

Reaction Score
There is no normal with teenagers. They are each unique people coming from unique experiences. EDD at 18 was still living in the same house as her sister seeing her daily, today she lives across town in her own appartment and sees Lizzie once a week. Things have changed. Your understanding of things freezes her in to being the same 18 she was. She is not. That kid no longer exists. If she did THAT would be a developmental and maturing problem.
Clearly, her choice, and does not effect me one way or the other. I just think for a MATURE 23 year old, she should stop defending her decision of four years ago. And if a girl does not want to play at Uconn, I am sure Geno does not want them.......case closed

Reaction Score
Let's hope he's not Nick Saban...if he were, he just might make a jump to the Golden State Warriors...have a few miserable seasons, and then come back and coach Tennessee...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Clearly, her choice, and does not effect me one way or the other. I just think for a MATURE 23 year old, she should stop defending her decision of four years ago. And if a girl does not want to play at Uconn, I am sure Geno does not want them.......case closed
Actually, it is my understanding the families are still friends. EDD and Ernie and his wife have nothing but respect for Geno.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Let's hope he's not Lou Saban...if he were, he just might make a jump to the Golden State Warriors...have a few miserable seasons, and then come back and coach Tennessee...
If it is we might need an exorcism.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hc-jacobs-delle-donne-column-0325-20130325,0,5182979.column

Ernie Delle Donne!

The link is to Jeff Jacobs column in today's Courant. The article is about EDD and her decision and offers some quotes from Dad about her growth and about his thoughts on Geno and UConn.....basically could not be more positive.

What's next? Comparing Geno to Bear Bryant?

Let's hope he's not Lou Saban...if he were, he just might make a jump to the Golden State Warriors...have a few miserable seasons, and then come back and coach Tennessee...

Blake, Lou was most famous as the coach of the Buffalo Bills of the AFL and died in 2009. Ernie DelleDonne references Nick (who is NOT Lou's son) and the current coach of Alabama football.

OTP - That would be some jump to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Blake, Lou was most famous as the coach of the Buffalo Bills of the AFL and died in 2009. Ernie DelleDonne references Nick (who is NOT Lou's son) and the current coach of Alabama football.

OTP - That would be some jump to the NBA.

Perhaps I'm showing a little too much confidence in the coach...naaaah!

PS...corrected the post to Nick already, but we are all showing our age...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let's hope he's not Nick Saban...if he were, he just might make a jump to the Golden State Warriors...have a few miserable seasons, and then come back and coach Tennessee...
Yea, comparing him to Saban (either one)? I wouldn't take that as a compliment.

Reaction Score
It is hard for her to stop definding her decision when so many people continue to question that very decision.

Ancient history, water under the bridge, spilt milk....however you want to look at it. What is done is done. After four years, it is time to move on.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is hard for her to stop definding her decision when so many people continue to question that very decision.

Ancient history, water under the bridge, spilt milk....however you want to look at it. What is done is done. After four years, it is time to move on.
Bingo!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
" . . . who says she can't wait to play in the WNBA this summer."

Until I read that I wasn't sure she would play pro ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom