Geno calls Courtney Ekmark one of best shooters ever seen...on any level | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno calls Courtney Ekmark one of best shooters ever seen...on any level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was watching Moriah last year, and she did a good job of taking the ball to the basket. Maybe Geno wasn't watching. :) I'm joking, but I want to see MoJett get the recognition she deserves. I do like Sadie's skill, though.

Gabby may be THE best athlete, beyond Nykesha, Swin, Maya, Tiffany, Moriah, et al. A smaller version of Diamond. Think David Thompson.

High praise indeed...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if Ekmark's ceiling for athleticism is as high, but honestly I've not seen her enough to make any kind of useful analysis. But I'm realizing that no one on the BY really has any "useful" analysis! :D
That's good, some people never figure out we all are really just a bunch of hacks. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kia isn't there yet!
Don't believe Williams is yet either. Although I thought I read Nurse was there but was leaving for awhile to play with Canada.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And about Kia Nurse he says nothing???
Geno gave Nurse (and her family) lots of praise during the show. JA apparently did not choose to tweet about it. That's all.

Reaction Score
It'll be like a hockey power play next year, and actually, for the years to come! Passing the ball (puck) around the perimeter until someone has an open shot. Stewie, KML, and Courtney...WOW
Reminiscent of the Gretzky/Messier Edmonton Oilers, who always seemed to be skating a man up!

SHEN: nifty analogy. And don't forget, when assessing our long-range fire power, that CHONG is one of the deadliest 3-shots to ever come out of New York state.....maybe THE deadliest on the women's side?

MEYER: correct on both counts re Nurse and Williams. And, speaking of "hacks," which you were....the only time I hacked was one some little guy was trying to drive by me....how about you?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Geno gave Nurse (and her family) lots of praise during the show. JA apparently did not choose to tweet about it. That's all.

For the record, I was facetiously demanding. :)

Reaction Score

BIFF -- can you recall any of his comments about her?? I'd be very interested, as I haven't really read a whole lot about his take on her.........imagine others would be as well. I have the impression that she is a tiger on defense and in general....but don't have much of an idea about her specific skills on offense.

Reaction Score
It'll be like a hockey power play next year, and actually, for the years to come! Passing the ball (puck) around the perimeter until someone has an open shot. Stewie, KML, and Courtney...WOW
Reminiscent of the Gretzky/Messier Edmonton Oilers, who always seemed to be skating a man up!

Add in KLS a Year later.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...rlie-samuelson-celebrate-sight-dad-father-day

Katie Lou, meanwhile, could be the most stellar of the sisters. Last summer she put on an amazing shooting display for the United States' U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Cancun, Mexico. Katie Lou helped lift the USA to the gold medal by going 8-for-8 from behind the arc in the final. She made 18 3-pointers in five tournament games, a USA U17 record, and shot 53 percent from behind the arc, also a USA record. Not sure even KML ever made 8/8 though she did make 7/7 last year.

Reaction Score
DOTY still holds the UCONN record for consecutive 3's...............think it might have been up around 14 over a couple/three games, but not sure about the total.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
MEYER: correct on both counts re Nurse and Williams. And, speaking of "hacks," which you were (are)....the only time I hacked was one some little guy was trying to drive by me....how about you?
FYP. And as for hacking, no blood no foul. :cool:

Actually when we played, the defense called the fouls.

Reaction Score
.the only time I hacked was one some little guy was trying to drive by me....how about you?

Only when the opportunity presented itself.

Meaning all the time.;)

Reaction Score
I have followed Courtney Ekmark's career probably more than any other UCONN recruit. That is her and Kaleena. I believe she is going to be a star in the making with Geno's help. She has accomplished everything she has set out to do since the 9th grade. She is smart as a whip. Has had great coaching and training at every level. I think she is going to be like Kelly in that she does not make basketball mistakes. Leadership comes natural to her, and she knew she was going to UCONN even in the 9th grade if Geno would have her.
He did, so we will wait and see !

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
For the record, a young woman as adorable as Courtney merits a bigger pic than that. :)

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01