Geno calls Courtney Ekmark one of best shooters ever seen...on any level | The Boneyard

Geno calls Courtney Ekmark one of best shooters ever seen...on any level

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
courtney ekmark.jpg

John A. is tweeting that Geno called Courtney Ekmark one of the best shooters he's ever seen, at any level..!!
"She is a phenomenal shooter." Wow..!! I'm guessing he has seen a few really good shooters in his day... ;)

Go Courtney..!!

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
show is available online at wtic.com (listen live and pick wtic 1080)

Reaction Score
Gino's comments being quoted in this thread are his June welcoming comments. My guess his October quotes will be something along the lines of "could not hit the ocean with her shot, even if she were standing in it", "she gets to the basket like she is riding in a Model T Ford", and "jump? why I have seen her get all of 3" off the floor" for Courtney, Sadie, and Gabby respectively.:);)

Reaction Score
High praise, indeed......

Between Ekmark and KML, there will obviously be a need for fire extinguishers to put the nets out.

Reaction Score
"one of the best shooters he's ever seen, at any level..!!"

Yeah, but what's he know about BB?? :D

Reaction Score
Gino's comments being quoted in this thread are his June welcoming comments. My guess his October quotes will be something along the lines of "could not hit the ocean with her shot, even if she were standing in it", "she gets to the basket like she is riding in a Model T Ford", and "jump? why I have seen her get all of 3" off the floor" for Courtney, Sadie, and Gabby respectively.:);)

MM: good one :cool:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Too true. By October they'll all s##k at everything and probably be banned from the locker room. But by March they'll be ???? ;)

U

UCONNfan1

Courtney Ekmark is going to surprise a lot of people.

Clearly this is just my opinion, but I think she's a fierce competitor, hard worker (in the mold of Kelly Faris), and has a very high hoops IQ. I think she's more athletic than Maggie Lucas, and a better shooter. I see her as a taller, slightly more athletic and stronger Mel Thomas. Not sure she will end up with as many floor burns, but that seems an apt comparison. Also, a more athletic version of Madison Cable for Notre Dame might be a good comparison too...

U

UCONNfan1

I like both comparisons. But I'm greedy.

How about as athletic but taller and a more accurate shooter than Kayla McBride?:rolleyes:
LOL OK you win - I like your comparison even better. All joking aside tho, McBride did something with her fitness and by the time she was a senior, and to me she looked like a much different player than when she was a freshman. I'm not sure if Ekmark's ceiling for athleticism is as high, but honestly I've not seen her enough to make any kind of useful analysis. But I'm realizing that no one on the BY really has any "useful" analysis! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TroyHouse66

DavnNap- <<...Geno called Courtney Ekmark one of the best shooters he's ever seen....>>
Sonny44-<<...no wait, KLS was that, no wait Breanna is, oh now I'm really confused.>>

Sonny, it simply reflects a slight change in Geno's 2014+ UConn game strategy.
Kaleena will, henceforth, be demoted to the fourth option on perimeter shooting.
We will be eliminating rebounding practice, since it appears there will no longer be any rebounds to be had on 3pt shots.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 7m
Geno on @Sadie14Edwards "She is something we haven't had a lot here, she can put the ball on the floor and get to the basket." #UConnwomen

John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 5m
Geno on @GabbthePro Gabby Williams: "Gabby should be able to go in a couple of weeks...one of the best athletes ever to come to UConn."

Geno also let slip that he is currently in contract talks with Warde Manuel.
I was watching Moriah last year, and she did a good job of taking the ball to the basket. Maybe Geno wasn't watching. :) I'm joking, but I want to see MoJett get the recognition she deserves. I do like Sadie's skill, though.

Gabby may be THE best athlete, beyond Nykesha, Swin, Maya, Tiffany, Moriah, et al. A smaller version of Diamond. Think David Thompson.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Courtney Ekmark is going to surprise a lot of people.

Clearly this is just my opinion, but I think she's a fierce competitor, hard worker (in the mold of Kelly Faris), and has a very high hoops IQ. I think she's more athletic than Maggie Lucas, and a better shooter. I see her as a taller, slightly more athletic and stronger Mel Thomas. Not sure she will end up with as many floor burns, but that seems an apt comparison. Also, a more athletic version of Madison Cable for Notre Dame might be a good comparison too...
I like the comparison with Mel: scrappy, intelligent, a great shooter. But Courtney is at least 3" taller and probably more athletic than Mel. If she's a better shooter, she'll be really, really good.

I'm liking the idea of Kaleena and Courtney on the floor together. If teams want to play zone to protect the inside, we'll make them pay. In later years, Courtney and Lou will be zone busters.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, Courtney reminds me of Ann Strother. Does anyone remember her? A pretty fair shooter.

Reaction Score
It'll be like a hockey power play next year, and actually, for the years to come! Passing the ball (puck) around the perimeter until someone has an open shot. Stewie, KML, and Courtney...WOW
Reminiscent of the Gretzky/Messier Edmonton Oilers, who always seemed to be skating a man up!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, Courtney reminds me of Ann Strother. Does anyone remember her? A pretty fair shooter.

She was a pretty fair shooter. Or, perhaps more aptly, a pretty AND fair shooter. Didn't live up to her #1 high school ranking potential, but she got 17 points in the 2003 championship game as a freshman, scoring the last points of UConn's season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom