Games to watch today for BET and NCAAT seeding | The Boneyard

Games to watch today for BET and NCAAT seeding

Reaction Score
A08A68DF-132D-4461-AE73-5B67E2297665.jpeg

Some important ones today as far as seeding goes.

BET wise, pulling for a Providence loss and a Creighton loss first, and then a Providence loss and a Creighton win, all to avoid Creighton in the first round. Of course in that former, more unlikely, scenario we also need to win. <10% odds but one can hope.

NCAAT wise, should be rooting for X and Marquette to lose (however unlikely) to move them towards or below us - either loss would be pretty bad. Losses for K-State and Tennessee would move the needle less (on the road versus tournament caliber teams), but could only help come selection Sunday. Threw Iowa state in there because it never hurts to have a former opponent turn it around and get a quality win.

Reaction Score
View attachment 84646

Some important ones today as far as seeding goes.

BET wise, pulling for a Providence loss and a Creighton loss first, and then a Providence loss and a Creighton win, all to avoid Creighton in the first round. Of course in that former, more unlikely, scenario we also need to win. <10% odds but one can hope.

NCAAT wise, should be rooting for X and Marquette to lose (however unlikely) to move them towards or below us - either loss would be pretty bad. Losses for K-State and Tennessee would move the needle less (on the road versus tournament caliber teams), but could only help come selection Sunday. Threw Iowa state in there because it never hurts to have a former opponent turn it around and get a quality win.
Early games showing a fun Saturday of chaos. A&M up early on bama too

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It looks like Providence is going to lose to Seton Hall. If Creighton beats DePaul then we play PC in BE tourney. I hate to say thinks that create bad karma but I think that is a break for us if it plays out that way.

Reaction Score
So if both providence and creighton lose(1 already happening ) and we win- we deff get the 3 seed??? I know they played horrible on Wednesday but I actually like them +12 points tonight at home against Creighton on senior night. I just have a feeling they’re going to play well. Hard to believe after we slapped them but, just a hunch. So Creighton gets the tiebreaker over us if we both finish 13 and 7? Why???

Reaction Score
I much prefer to get an imploding Providence on Thursday afternoon than possibly Villanova.
True. If Seton Hall and Villanova both tie for the 6th seed at 10-10 , who gets the tiebreaker ? that’s important -if we’re in the 3-6 game, obviously much rather play Seton Hall. And basically with Providence losing, the only way we have to play creighton now is if we lose and they lose tonight, correct?

Reaction Score
True. If Seton Hall and Villanova both tie for the 6th seed at 10-10 , who gets the tiebreaker ? that’s important -if we’re in the 3-6 game, obviously much rather play Seton Hall. And basically with Providence losing, the only way we have to play creighton now is if we lose and they lose tonight, correct?

They displayed a graphic during this pc game that nova is locked into the 6 seed

Reaction Score
So if both providence and creighton lose(1 already happening ) and we win- we deff get the 3 seed??? I know they played horrible on Wednesday but I actually like them +12 points tonight at home against Creighton on senior night. I just have a feeling they’re going to play well. Hard to believe after we slapped them but, just a hunch. So Creighton gets the tiebreaker over us if we both finish 13 and 7? Why???
No, we have the tiebreaker over Creighton because we're 1-1 against Marquette and they're 0-2

Reaction Score
Iowa State opening up a can at Baylor helps our NET. Not sure it has a direct impact on seeding since we'd still be ahead of ISU and it would take a lot to get ahead of Baylor.

Reaction Score
I much prefer to get an imploding Providence on Thursday afternoon than possibly Villanova.
Fair enough - argument could be made either way. Will be interesting to see how Nova looks against us tonight. Could go the other way with providence where they come in super hungry - desperate teams also not so fun to play against

Reaction Score
Has Providence played their way to the bubble? Remember their out of conference schedule was very lame

Reaction Score
Not happy if we get locked into Providence. Creighton. Marquette, Xavier is much better for the resume. Will Providence even be a Q1 after we dismantle them Thursday?

Reaction Score
Not happy if we get locked into Providence. Creighton. Marquette, Xavier is much better for the resume. Will Providence even be a Q1 after we dismantle them Thursday?
Yes. They'd have to drop 12 spots in NET to not be Q1 which is a lot this late in the season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom