Games to watch today for BET and NCAAT seeding | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Games to watch today for BET and NCAAT seeding

Reaction Score
Baylor at #7 in the country. I get that they've won a lot of games against ranked teams but they have 9 losses and they've also been blown out a lot. Blown out today by Iowa State at home and Marquette destroyed them by 30.
The Big 12 is vastly overrated and they get too much credit for beating each other

Reaction Score
So for anyone who doesn't like the way the Huskies close out games, you should take a look at the Marquette-St. John's game. If you're a Marquette fan I hope you have some Tums with you. Up 9 with 22 seconds left and almost blew it. St. John's hit 2 ridiculous threes including one that was a prayer and a +1 foul.

Reaction Score
GOOD GOD the way that St. John’s almost just beat Marquette… nuts. Would have probably put us neck and neck with them on the 3 line. Oh well, beating Marquette in the BET would go a long way

Reaction Score
Always have to be careful what you wish for….my thinking is it’s better to play Creighton later in the tournament with the short bench they have

Reaction Score
Not that the 2nd to last poll means anything, but a win tonight gets UConn up to #11 before the tourney.
If true, than perhaps we could move up to a 2….

caw

Reaction Score
Who owns the tie breaker between PC and Creighton? I have a bad feeling playing Villanova so hope to avoid it. Would rather get PC than Creighton. My reasoning:

If Villanova lights it up from 3 we may be in trouble.
Have we ever beaten Creighton twice?
PC seems to be in a zone where UConn found itself in January. Can they figure it out by Thursday?

If Creighton and UConn win than we get PC.
If Creighton wins and UConn loses than we get PC.
If Creighton and UConn lose than we get Creighton.
If Creighton loses and we win than we get Villanova.

I think I have the scenarios correctly??? If so, I want Creighton to win.

Last scenario is wrong I think. If Creighton loses and we win then it depends on a coinflip with PC, no?

Reaction Score
Last scenario is wrong I think. If Creighton loses and we win then it depends on a coinflip with PC, no?
No, tiebreaker is the NET rankings

Reaction Score
They changed the tiebreaker for this season.

caw

Reaction Score
They changed the tiebreaker for this season.
Missed that.

No, tiebreaker is the NET rankings
Seriously odd tiebreaker but whatever.

So UConn finishes ahead of PC then. That has to hurt their fans after all the crap they talked this year.

Reaction Score
All in all a great day for UConn’s BET and NCAAT seeding. Fun day of basketball. Just keep winning

Reaction Score
DePaul making a game of it.
DePaul was down 18… now down 5… place is getting rowdy and Kalkbrenner starting to get into foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Not happy if we get locked into Providence. Creighton. Marquette, Xavier is much better for the resume. Will Providence even be a Q1 after we dismantle them Thursday?

Yes. They'd have to drop 12 spots in NET to not be Q1 which is a lot this late in the season

The loss was indeed that bad, Providence dropped 12 spots and is 51

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not happy if we get locked into Providence. Creighton. Marquette, Xavier is much better for the resume. Will Providence even be a Q1 after we dismantle them Thursday?
Posts like this one make me nervous. It's normally after stuff like this that the basketball gods spit all over us.

Let's accept that from here on in all we can do is win. We have zero control over who we face off against in any more games this season.

Reaction Score
then we'll just have to dominate PC again. then beat marquette and xavier.
Not me. We're due for a W against Xavier.
yes in the BET finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom