Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
I went to the game with some ECU fans. They thought the refs were clearly biased against UConn.
Thats a laughable joke. Not a single review went in favor of UConn. There was a run from Mensah, had to get to the 32 for a first down, still overruled. The calls all day were heinous.

Reaction Score
Thats a laughable joke. Not a single review went in favor of UConn. There was a run from Mensah, had to get to the 32 for a first down, still overruled. The calls all day were heinous.

?

Reaction Score
I thought the Block C with the state in the background at midfield looked spiffy.

IMG_7255.jpeg

Reaction Score
On the play where their QB almost went past the LOS before throwing it, one of their linemen (73) was 15 yards downfield. It was right in front of the ref and one of our DBs was pointing it out to him. Really bad no call.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize it in real time, but on the final 4th down play there was absolutely nobody open. We had 2 WRs run short of the goal line and collide with each other when the pick was thrown.

Reaction Score
?? Mensah coming out of backfield couldn’t have been anymore open ??

Yeah I guess. Thought on the replay that defender would have converged on him before he could score but maybe not. If Jack Zergiotis got it to Mensah early enough maybe. Mehh, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Reaction Score
I went to the game with some ECU fans. They thought the refs were clearly biased against UConn.
Non-football topic: What are the chances refs give UConn hoops a reasonably fair shake during the Huskies' last American regular season and championship games?

Reaction Score
On the play where their QB almost went past the LOS before throwing it, one of their linemen (73) was 15 yards downfield. It was right in front of the ref and one of our DBs was pointing it out to him. Really bad no call.
Yet the only team called for an ineligible receiver down field... UConn. Yes it happened. I was there.

Reaction Score
One observation we made at the game. Mensah was almost always open coming out of the backfield. Throwing to Mensah should have been more incorporated into the play calling.
How come they can't draw up plays to get someone the ball crossing the middle of the field? #22 for ECU looked about 5'8" and caught what seemed like everything thrown his way. He killed them all game in the intermediate passing game.

Reaction Score
On the final play we had 3 interior o-lineman blocking one guy. We have seen this before. It would be nice if someone helped Van Demark. That throw was rushed and that is on Jack Zergiotis as well.

Reaction Score
I think Nino is already a pro prospect. Dominant run blocker, and despite being massive I think he has feet to be a passable pass blocker at next level.

Could be he just wants a chance to win. It’s like Jack Driscoll from Madison. Went to UMASS and is now the starting tackle at Auburn after grad transfer. Nino will be a hot commodity as a plug and play guard, and no doubt he could be a starter in any major conference.
So there's 2 NFL players on this offensive line? 3 last year, since Crozier is on the Jets practice squad. Hard to fathom the line not dominating if these guys are that good. Interesting but not surprising that Edsall went with Hubbard over Leone to get him experience.

Reaction Score
So there's 2 NFL players on this offensive line? 3 last year, since Crozier is on the Jets practice squad. Hard to fathom the line not dominating if these guys are that good. Interesting but not surprising that Edsall went with Hubbard over Leone to get him experience.

I would say 3 will get looks - Leone, Peart, and Van Denmark.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Leone is decent and I wish he would come back. I am fine with Hubbard stepping in. Van Demark did not dominate like I thought he would last year. I think Dylan N will do a fine job at guard- although I am surprised Holmes hasn't pushed further. It will be interesting to see how Chase Lundt, Torres- Silva, Rooney, etc will develop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom