Game Week - UCF @ UConn (ESPNews) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UCF @ UConn (ESPNews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Orlando Sentinel: Scott Frost looking for UCF football to man up at UConn

"The challenge is when kids are used to a certain climate," said Held, who was previously the head coach of Northeast Oklahoma A&M. "Obviously I've been more on the other side where it's been the cold and kids were used to the cold. We wanted to play teams that were used to warm weather because we felt like they couldn't handle it. They let the elements beat them before the game even starts...For our guys, we have to be able to embrace [the weather] and be mentally tough to go up there. It doesn't matter if it's 20 below zero or 60 degrees and raining, you gotta be able to fight through it and play your game."

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
So, I'm working near UCF all this week and spending (way too many) a few hours at local watering holes.

I can guarantee you that no one gives a crap about the game.

I can guarantee you the eye candy is unreal.

They'll care when we carry the trophy off the field with all of America watching.

Reaction Score
Louie Benjamin (@PFF_Louie)
10/18/16, 1:57 PM
Jhavon Williams 92.6 vs USF was the highest single game grade of any Uconn player this year. Next highest was J. Joseph's 87.2 vs Syracuse

Louie Benjamin (@PFF_Louie)
10/18/16, 2:03 PM
#Uconn WR Noel Thomas Jr. is second in the NCAA with 95 targets. He has caught 65 of 68 catchable balls.

So Thomas has 65 out of 68? Didn't I say he had good hands but someone said he had too many drops?

Sorry but I'm just taking my victory lap cause I heard it looks cool to point out how everyone is wrong and how right I am. :)

By the way, my avatar is over 21 and she is not a cartoon character.

(Mic drop) :D

Reaction Score
Must only be scary because on the team you coach each player grades out above 90 each and every week and never runs the wrong route depth, or misses to pick up the delayed blitz because they missed their key or continues to not audible into hot routes.

If he states that they have nothing to clean up after a game - worry then (because's he's lying!).
I hope hunk you miss the point. If you're missing pic
Must only be scary because on the team you coach each player grades out above 90 each and every week and never runs the wrong route depth, or misses to pick up the delayed blitz because they missed their key or continues to not audible into hot routes.

If he states that they have nothing to clean up after a game - worry then (because's he's lying!).

You miss the point. If we are consistently missing pick-ups and check downs in week 8, then these are big nuts and bolts. I'm ok with clean up, but there is more there than that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is this week another "must win" for Diaco? Cliche, perhaps, but it feels like it. Need to beat the schools you are on equal footing with.

Reaction Score
I just noticed that UCF is tied for 4th in the FBS in team sacks, averaging almost 4 per game. I don't plan on reviewing UCF's first 6 games to see how it racked up all those sacks, but I sure hope our coaching staff is.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is this week another "must win" for Diaco? Cliche, perhaps, but it feels like it. Need to beat the schools you are on equal footing with.
I think the last 5 games are must wins, but they can't play the others before this one.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the last 5 games are must wins, but they can't play the others before this one.

If you beat UCF, then go 3 and 1 to finish 7 - 5, then I think that is okay. Going into next year expectations would be pretty high on Diaco and Verducci to not miss a beat - as it should be.

This is the wrong thread for this comment, but next year we should see some exciting players hit the field; Skanes, Hopkins, Coyle, Herring, Vickers, Dixon and some reps for Donovan Williams.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We almost lost to Maine. Expectations should be tampered.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 5 mins ago
Since 2002 #UConn players with most offensive plays of at least 60 yards - Donald Brown & Arkeel Newsome
Arkeel Newsome contributing more for UConn football team

>>Newsome With a 67-yard run against Cincinnati and 33 yard kickoff return against USF, Newsome and Oregon State’s Victor Bolden only FBS players to have his team’s longest run, reception and special teams return. Newsome and UCF’s Adrian Killins are two of nine FBS players with runs and receptions of at least 60 yards heading into Saturday UConn/Central Florida game.<<

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
If only we could win the AAC based on time of possssion, how far we've come, and how classy we are.
And guns

Reaction Score
UCF is the toughest team we will play the rest of the year. A win tomorrow and I'm on the 8-4 train.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"Head coach Scott Frost has named true freshman quarterback McKenzie Milton the starter for the rest of the season. Last week against Temple, he ran for a 63-yard touchdown run, which was the second longest run by a quarterback in school history."

great, another running QB ...
I won't put a lot of stock in the 63 yard QB run or calling Milton a "running QB." Milton's Stats in the 3 games he's played in, rushing-wise are:

ATT/YDS/AVG/LONG/TD
MAR (L): 19/7/.04/18/1
@FLA. Int. (W) 8/28/3.5/13/0
TEM (L): 10/9/0.9/63/1

He's been sacked 13 times in the 3 games he's had stats.

EDIT:
I just watched the highlights of the Temple game. The 63 yard play was a designed read option, but Temple's contain got beat like you read about. It's on tape and got a lot of pub this week. UConn should be prepared.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman