Game Week - UCF @ UConn (ESPNews) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UCF @ UConn (ESPNews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Excellent.....this is the time of year we make our money....
upload_2016-10-17_19-55-45.png

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe 2 mins ago
Now coach Bob Diaco is here. Starts off by saying that everybody is sick of losing.

UConn Football@UConnFootball 1 min ago
HCBD: "There are so much encouraging things for our team to understand. They're very positive in the right way like a competitor would be."

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 2 mins ago
Diaco - very tangible things that can be cleaned up. football nuts and bolts - tactical and fundamental #UConn

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 1 min ago
Diaco: Three of our four losses were against no. 11, 23 and 27 teams in the nation, all on the road. Our schedule has been really tough

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe 1 min ago
Diaco said the swagger hasn't left the building

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 2 mins ago
Diaco: "there is an emotional attachment involved to positive outcomes & plays in college football"

Diaco: "The offense has continued to improve."

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky just now
Diaco: "loved that we didn't turn football over, that was major emphasis heading in. Wasn't explosive 1st qtr, but was better than had been"

Diaco: "we've created 5 turnovers in 2 weeks, good to see that manifest that into production"

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept1 min ago
Diaco on slow starts: "It's been such an anomaly. It's hard to get a handle on. And it's all on the offensive side."

Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 1 min ago
"Big part of program in spring, summer based on 2015 was 'finish strong.' You put fingers in dam on one side & dam bursts somewhere else"

Patrick Eaton-Robb@peatonrobb just now
Diaco says #UConn's emphasis going into the season was finishing games...now tweaking things to address slow starts.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
Tommy Hopkins has lower leg injured and is out for the season for #UConn

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
DIaco - need to create competitive situation with Trey and Vechery this week at practice.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller now
All reports today are that WR Hergy Mayala is much better according to #UConn coach Bob Diaco

On WR Hergy Mayala: "day-to-day nagging lower leg things, you can set self back more time if don't just rest rather than try to come back"

Reaction Score
Diaco on Jhavon Williams INT: "it was really an awesome, awesome play, shared the same feelings @CoreyChavous had during game"

"It's almost like a switch was flipped. 2 weeks ago he played great & feel same way about him this past week, hard to find things to coach"

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
Lots of praise from #UConn coach Bob Diaco for CB Jhavon Williams

UConn Football@UConnFootball just now
HCBD on Obi Melifonwu: "You can turn his tape on and see him do so many jobs where he's putting a complete game together."#UConnNation

Reaction Score
Diaco on UCF: "tempo offense, athletes, it's the Oregon offense if you've seen that-love watching their defense, it jumps off screen in '16"

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
#UCF well coached defense - has some playmakers.

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault just now
Diaco wants nothing to do with talking about the ConFLiCT.

Diaco p-r-ic-k-l-y when asked about his "Civil Conflict" rivalry and whether he will bring the trophy to E. Hartford. #UConn.

Reaction Score
Diaco on Fans: "Don't notice. If you're competing, most visual when I was wrestler as kid. When on back, in moment, not looking in stands"

ThisIsUConnCountryDiaco on Fans:
"my focus & interest is on the players. If players feel valued & feel great interest for what they're doing & investing"

"If they're disappointed, then I'd be disappointed"

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe just now
Diaco on if he notices the attendance: I'm definitely not looking in the stands. I'm engaged with the players and engaged with the coaches.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault just now
Diaco wants nothing to do with talking about the ConFLiCT.

Diaco p-r-ic-k-l-y when asked about his "Civil Conflict" rivalry and whether he will bring the trophy to E. Hartford. #UConn.

This is kinda funny ^^^

1) Guy starts new "rivalry" trophy, in order to put other team on notice that we are going to be better than them.
2) Guy's team wins new trophy.
3) Guy refuses to talk about trophy the following year.

Classic... :cool:

Reaction Score
This is kinda funny ^^^

1) Guy starts new "rivalry" trophy, in order to put other team on notice that we are going to be better than them.

New coach (Frost) - the "rivalry" was all about O'Leary (imo).

He also learned a few lessons as a newbie coach and how things get bigger than intended. Good sign.

Reaction Score
I really hope things work out with BD. I really d0, but it's scary when he says things like there are just "nuts and bolts, and execution" issues into week 8. Translation: These square pegs are not executing into my round role philosophy.

Reaction Score
I really hope things work out with BD. I really d0, but it's scary when he says things like there are just "nuts and bolts, and execution" issues into week 8. Translation: These square pegs are not executing into my round role philosophy.

Must only be scary because on the team you coach each player grades out above 90 each and every week and never runs the wrong route depth, or misses to pick up the delayed blitz because they missed their key or continues to not audible into hot routes.

If he states that they have nothing to clean up after a game - worry then (because's he's lying!).

Reaction Score
From another Fuller article today:

Hopkins Done

>>UConn starting left guard Tommy Hopkins suffered a season-ending lower-body injury in the loss to South Florida. Hopkins was originally injured in the season opener against Maine but was able to make it back to start against Cincinnati. Hopkins was making his third start of the season when a defensive player rolled up on Hopkins from behind. Hopkins fell to the ground and was in obvious pain.

Diaco confirmed that Hopkins would miss the rest of the season with either Brendan Vechery or Trey Rutherford expected to start in his place.

“He is a good player and good guy to have on the team,” UConn tight end Alec Bloom said. “He is vocal, he is a leader and he is a guy who is obviously very good at his position. “It is terrible that anybody gets injured but next man up has to come in and perform the same as if he was in.”<<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is kinda funny ^^^

So, I'm working near UCF all this week and spending (way too many) a few hours at local watering holes.

I can guarantee you that no one gives a crap about the game.

I can guarantee you the eye candy is unreal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe 2 mins ago
Now coach Bob Diaco is here. Starts off by saying that everybody is sick of losing.

UConn Football@UConnFootball 1 min ago
HCBD: "There are so much encouraging things for our team to understand. They're very positive in the right way like a competitor would be."

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 2 mins ago
Diaco - very tangible things that can be cleaned up. football nuts and bolts - tactical and fundamental #UConn

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 1 min ago
Diaco: Three of our four losses were against no. 11, 23 and 27 teams in the nation, all on the road. Our schedule has been really tough

Diaco said the swagger hasn't left the building

Diaco: "there is an emotional attachment involved to positive outcomes & plays in college football"

Diaco: "The offense has continued to improve."

Diaco: "loved that we didn't turn football over, that was major emphasis heading in. Wasn't explosive 1st qtr, but was better than had been"

Diaco: "we've created 5 turnovers in 2 weeks, good to see that manifest that into production"

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept1 min ago
Diaco on slow starts: "It's been such an anomaly. It's hard to get a handle on. And it's all on the offensive side."

And the press gives him a pass on calling slow starts an anomaly.

It's the exact opposite of an anomaly. It's an easy to see trend.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members