Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Syracuse (Saturday 9/10/22 @ 7p on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Syracuse (Saturday 9/10/22 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Line opened @ UConn +21.5 O/U 54.5

Current line: Syracuse vs UConn Odds, Betting Trends, and Line Movements

UConn Game Notes for Syracuse
UConn Depth Chart for Syracuse

Syracuse Game Notes for UConn
Syracuse Depth Chart for UConn
Syracuse 2022 Roster

Televison: CBS Sports Network - (pxp) Meghan McPeak (analyst), Christian Fauria (sideline) and Justin Walters
Radio: Varsity Network/ESPN 97-9 FM - (pxp) Mike Crispino, (color) Wayne Norman and (sideline) Adam Giardino

008.png

Reaction Score

-> Syracuse head coach Dino Babers updated the status of fullback Chris Elmore and linebacker Stefon Thompson on Monday. He said both are out for the season after suffering injuries in the season opener against Louisville. The Orange will now move forward without two of its starters for the remainder of the 2022 season. <-

Reaction Score

-> Syracuse head coach Dino Babers updated the status of fullback Chris Elmore and linebacker Stefon Thompson on Monday. He said both are out for the season after suffering injuries in the season opener against Louisville. The Orange will now move forward without two of its starters for the remainder of the 2022 season. <-

Syracuse lost 2 starters for the season against Louisville: 6' 286 lb fullback and 6'1" 250 lb. LB. The LB, Thompson, was probably their best defensive player. Syracuse has a massive OL: 322 lbs, 375 lbs, 292 lbs, 326 lbs, and 335 lbs. I would bet that will be the biggest OL UConn faces this season. Add in a 228 lb. QB and a shifty RB and UConn's defense will have a tough task on Saturday. On defense, with the loss of Thompson, Syracuse is relatively small. The DL is 233 lbs, 270 lbs, and 268 lbs. The LBs are 225 lbs, 224 lbs, and 239 lbs with their Rover at 220 lbs. It seems UConn should be able to run on them.

Also, Syracuse is a young team with 10 true sophomores, 2 RSo and 2 RFr starting. They start only 2 Sr or RSr and 3 RJrs.

I'm not sure the Louisville game was a good measuring stick for Syracuse as Louisville did not look ready to play (it seems like their HC is on his last legs), but Syracuse did look good in the game. I just don't think you can bet on UConn even with the large point spread given UConn has a true freshman QB, an injured WR group, and a big Syracuse offense.

Reaction Score
Shrader runs like a runaway tractor trailer. So we have to plan for this and not send all our LBs into the line. Have to get him on the ground before he is in the secondary and can truck our DBs. I would assign Mitchell to him as a spy and have Bembry also play this role while blitzing JM.

Reaction Score
I really- really hope UConn beats Syracuse Universit.

I would trade a win over Syracuse for going winless the Rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Just bought tickets for me and my 3 grandchildren…can I pay for parking at the gate… or is it better to pay online before the game? I haven’t been to a game in 4 years and I went though Pratt to get tickets at the time so I’m not sure what would be best

Reaction Score
Any chance of a victory will likely be based on:

Offense: need to ground and pound to control the clock and keep Sorryexcuse's offense off the field. Our OL has a chance to open holes against a good but not great front 7. Will need ZT and CM to make good decisions in terms of ground game and make plays with their feet to keep the chains moving and extend drives. Limit turnovers to 1-2 and not give up a short field. I'd imagine they have a couple of plays we've not seen yet and this game might be the one they try them on.

Defense: keep 25+ yard plays to a minimum. Force 3+ turnovers. Keep runners in bounds to keep the clock ticking. While secondary might play off their man, they've gotta swarm to the ball and make receivers pay with hard hits.

Special Teams: play a clean game on both sides. Win the field position game. Hit at least 2 field goals.

Bottom line: gotta play a really clean game to have a chance for a W in the end.

Reaction Score
Our OL has a chance to open holes against a good but not great front 7.

The issue is when the front 7 becomes 9 in the box. You need to make the defense pay the price by passing. I’m not sure we can do that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom