Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (Saturday 9/3/22 @ Noon on CW20 & Fox61+) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (Saturday 9/3/22 @ Noon on CW20 & Fox61+)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Two quality performances in a row. I’d say this team could challenge for 6-6 if we had our wr core intact. Syracuse will be interesting to see if we get a reality check vs a weak p5, or further reason to believe in Mora.

Carter could rush for 1300+ if he stays healthy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Chicago Bears wear navy blue. UConn's blue is a little lighter IMO.
The bears are darker than even navy. Near black blue. UConn is National Flag Blue.

Reaction Score
O-line is does well run blocking, but is subpar in pass blocking. They are young, so they will improve. WRs have to catch passes that hit them in the hands. Next week will be tough, and NC State may be ugly. However, this team will be solid by the end of the season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Love when they got to the do it again for the white and blue, some stopped, some mumbled, some carried the rest.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
So this is going to seem like a pointless story but I’m gonna tell it anyway. Back when Jeff Mcinerney was the head coach at CCSU I went to all the CCSU home games and always had sideline passes. Coach Mac and I played high school football together. As I was leaving the game today I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt that said CCSU, Coach Mac and ”Fire Up”. Fire up“ was coach Macs signature saying. Anyway these guys remember him very fondly and it was nice meeting both of them. They had fond memories of coach Mac. Lorenzo Baker and Tyrell Holmes were the two players. Really nice guys. You never know who you’ll run into at a UConn/CCSU game. Made my day. Well, the win helped as well. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Congrats to Coach Mora on his first win as a Husky. He's got your program moving in the right direction.

CCSU played tough for a half and the 1st drive of the 3rd qtr, so props for that. Had us feeling that familiar frustration of recent years. Both teams squandered opportunities to score. UConn's line play eventually just wore CCSU down and took over. CCSU will continue to do fine in upcoming seasons.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Not bad. Looked around the Rent 2nd qtr and estimated about 15-20k. If we continue to improve & are competitive the fans will show up. We've got a great home schedule this season with plenty of local interest (CCSU, Syracuse, BC, UMass). Should do better attendance-wise this season than we've done in many years.
Glad I was there. Come on folks…support the boys! I will say, CCSU was well represented.

Reaction Score
It's nice to get a win. We still have a question mark at quarterback because we really don't know what we have yet but I'm assuming the coaches will eventually figure that out. At least it's not the offensive line because if it were almost no one on that side of the ball would have a chance to get better. Now we have a chance to do that. This game looked like it was going the wrong way until we got that red zone stop and fortunately we were able to wear CCSU down. Another week in the books and a chance to go over .500 next week, clean up a few mistakes make some better decisions. We need more balance on offense but that running game is going to be there all year if we can stay healthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom