Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Obviously we want to win next week against Army. If we do we not only get to seven wins but we knock Army out of bowl eligibility. Navy is not bowl eligible. that’s two spots that open up for us.
Not positive but I thought I read Army was already out because two of their wins are FCS and you only get bowl credit for one.

Reaction Score
Not positive but I thought I read Army was already out because two of their wins are FCS and you only get bowl credit for one.
Going into this week Army had to win their last four games. They lost to Troy. They have one fbs win and one fcs win that counts

Reaction Score
That 1-5 road record. Hmmm, four of those teams were ranked at the time. And three still are. Kinda think the sharps may know that, but perhaps the betting public does not. So, an opportunity?

Just win baby. To paraphrase Don Brown: solve your problems by winning.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Seriously? After the last six weeks we’re 10 points dogs to Army? I wish I was still in Vegas this morning. That strikes me as a really high odds wager.
This is a good thing. After an emotional win to become bowl eligible, the last thing this team needs is to be favored and have a let down to close out the season.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Our next good game against the option will be the first one, going back basically forever, or at least it feels that way.

The most interesting thing to me will be how much better Mora will be against it. HCRE couldn't solve it in about 200000000 tries.

Reaction Score
Our next good game against the option will be the first one, going back basically forever, or at least it feels that way.

The most interesting thing to me will be how much better Mora will be against it. HCRE couldn't solve it in about 200000000 tries.
We shut Navy out once. But hey — Edsall sucked, so why do facts matter any more.

Reaction Score
Gotta win first down on defense. Second and three, second and four is what option teams love. We’ve beaten Army a few times. Need front 7 to figure out how to stay on their feet w the blocking schemes and force second and third and longs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We shut Navy out once. But hey — Edsall sucked, so why do facts matter any more.
Tell me about the time Paul Johnson made a fool of HCRE, O selective one. So much so he stopped playing Navy.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Come on - is my comment really that out of line?

HCRE:
2021 Army loss 52-21. Yes, he was gone, but it was his DC, and his scheme and players.
2019 Navy loss 56-10
2006 Navy loss 41-17

I mean, ok, HCRE v1 managed to beat 4 of the worst Army teams in generations back at our highest point, and yes, shut out Navy at this time too, but is this really worth jumping all over?

Reaction Score
Tell me about the time Paul Johnson made a fool of HCRE, O selective one. So much so he stopped playing Navy.
Why do you embarrass yourself like this? I responded to a post that said it would be the first time we ever stopped the option. I did not begin to claim that we always stopped it, or even most of the time did.

This is where folks not consumed by hatred (of Edsall in your case) would just say “my bad.” Jury is out but feel free to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why to you embarrass yourself like this? I responded to a post that said it would be the first time we ever stopped the option. I did not begin to claim that we always stopped it, or even most of the time did.

This is where folks not consumed by hatred (of Edsall in your case) would just say “my bad.” Jury is out but feel free to prove me wrong.
You carried RE's water and used "facts" in the same post to be snarky. That's your bad.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I have no need to say more. The exchange speaks for itself. Have a good day.

Hyperbole (even light one) not strong with this one. A single win against a bad Army team by Diaco doesn't really count either, unless you're going to put on red pants and defend him needlessly, too.

Reaction Score
Army just has not played good football this season, so I think we have a good chance to Beat Army. We are also tackling well which should greatly help against the option. I will be shocked if the game is anything like the disaster from last season when the team essentially said F-it.

I also don't get the line on this. We'll see.

I would love to see this team go 7-5 and into a bowl to win its 8th game. Again, if you had told me that was a possibility after the first half of this season I would have suggested you seek counseling....immediately!

Reaction Score

Mora has stated that he has never prepared for the option before. Should be interesting.

Reaction Score
6th win in the books, moved on and don't give a hoot regarding bowl prognostications, care even less about past game results with service academies, care about and cheer for the Huskies being on top after 4 quarters Saturday.

West Point: appreciated lessons learned visiting, really taking in the history for a day+ not just parachuting in to tailgate and blast out post-game. Less fond memories of freezing arse off in pre-season high school games against the Plebes. The USMA's old outdoorsy rink's walls were simply heavy tarps, great ice like the old open air Storrs rink, but colder artic winds.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we can run the ball against Army. The reason I think that's important is because if we can control the clock we can keep the defense nice a fresh. I honestly don't get this spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom