Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Line opens @ UConn +10 o/u 43.5 (Circa)

Current line: UConn vs Army Odds, Betting Trends, and Line Movements (Vegas Insider)

UConn Depth Chart for Army
UConn Game Notes for Army

Army Game Notes for UConn
Army 2022 Media Guide
Blaik Field at Michie Stadium
Michie Stadium Renovation Project
West Point Game Day Info

TV - CBSSN: Play-By-Play- Jason Knapp, Analyst - Ross Tucker, Sideline - Tina Cervasio

Radio: ESPN 97-9 FM (Hartford) Affiliates - WAVZ 1300 AM (New Haven), WGCH 1490 AM (Greenwich), WATR 1320 AM (Waterbury); WILI 1400 AM/95.3FM, (Willimantic); WICH 1310 AM/94.5 FM (Norwich)

Online (Audio only): The Varsity Network App (or The Varsity Network) (PxP) Mike Crispino (Color) Wayne Norman, (Sideline) Adam Giardino

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
9-2 and that sounds like easy money. Sure to drop during the week.

Reaction Score
I was just looking at DraftKings and saw 10 points dogs and came here to check to see if I was reading that right. Guess I need to put some down on that stuff.

Reaction Score
Army is a run heavy team which plays plays well into our strengths in defense. I don't see Army doing much this game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Army is a run heavy team which plays plays well into our strengths in defense. I don't see Army doing much this game.

I feel so much more confident knowing I have seen our LBs and DBs make open field tackles throughout this season.
Army is impossible to stop if your defenders can't tackle one on one. Gang tackling is less frequent because every defender is assigned an offensive skill player and if you cheat on your assignment Army will burn you.

Reaction Score
Wow. Usually when a line is this unusual i ask what vegas knows that the rest of us don't.

Whatever it is, i can't see it.

Reaction Score
Wow. Usually when a line is this unusual i ask what vegas knows that the rest of us don't.

Whatever it is, i can't see it.
I agree. Something about this line doesn't smell right. As we were driving home from the Rent yesterday, me and my crew were trying to figure what the line against Army would be. There was four of us and we all agreed that Uconn would be any where from 3-6 point favorites. We all know our stuff and do a little handicapping before a wager is made. With the present line of Army -10 and the U/O being 43.5, the projected score would to be Army 27-17 for them to cover. Army will not score, I repeat NOT SCORE 27 points Saturday. They have only scored 16 points the last two weeks combined. I spoke to a Army season ticketholder today at church and told him I was going to the game next Saturday and he said Army sucks this year. He blames the coach. I have been to Michie stadium a number of times. Great place to see a game, but not a huge home field advantage. Just don't see how a team. winners of five of their last six games, the last one being against a top 25 team be a 10 point dog against a team that has only beat one FBS team all year. SOMETHING STINKS

Reaction Score
I was surprised by this line as well. Oddsmakers are probably looking at last year's result, the fact that Army is hard to beat at home, and their two recent defensive performances against Air Force and Troy. They may also think we will be emotionally drained after the big win over Liberty. The fact that we are already bowl eligible whereas Army has to win out may also be a factor.

The +10 spread should get our guys fired up.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yes, but the record of the teams they lost to are a combined 43-17… Coastal 9-1, USTA 8-2, Troy 8-2, Air Force 7-3 Wake 6-4, GA South 5-5…
Good point.

Reaction Score
One of the reasons for the +10 spread could be UConns 1-5 road record. Remember the odds makers don't set the spread on what they think will happen. They set the spread to get the same amount of money on each side. The thought may be that gamblers will look at UConn 's road record and bet Army.

Reaction Score
Obviously we want to win next week against Army. If we do we not only get to seven wins but we knock Army out of bowl eligibility. Navy is not bowl eligible. that’s two spots that open up for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom