Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking at the schedule before the season started, I believe one could say, UConn had 3 or 4 automatic losses.
Syr Mich NC and possibly FState. If so, they started 0 and 3 or 0 and 4, schedule wise. I´ll say 0 and 3. So of their 9 remaining games, they went 6 and 3. Most will say, Great season. This site has been very positive, and that says allot about the direction the program is going. Stay Positive. Thanks for the great posts.

Reaction Score
Some of the calls were unreal.

There was considerably more contact on the pass to Clercius than the PI call late in the first half and the block in the back that killed a long gain ticked me off as Army did that a few times earlier.

Five false starts in the first quarter really hurt us but I never saw that called while the defense was still five plus yards in the offensive backfield, trying to get in position (two Army linemen in fact) and beyond that, two other false starts were called (Q-1) before our line was set. While that may be the rule, it normally isn't called until after the offense gets set.

Regardless, we had our chances
Unfortunately, the bogus penalty calls set up UConn to fail. Kill momentum and stall drives. Discrepancy in penalties between the two teams says it all about the game.

Reaction Score
The fix was in. Too many anomalies to explain otherwise. Of course, the team folded after getting jobbed over and over. I know Bobby wants to hear it but why the heck did we move away from a run game the second half? Why no QB sneaks at the goal line until we failed twice at the goal line running illogical plays. Lots of whys.

Reaction Score

Side door entrance

-> “When you’re a really good defense, and you’re headed towards that, you don’t have those ‘except for’ plays. Good football teams, teams that win consistently, they don’t have self-inflicted wounds, not that many. Those ‘except for’ plays, they kill you.” <-

-> “As disappointed as we all are,” Mora said, “I think it’s important that we just take a step back and realize and recognize what those young men have accomplished. This was a team that, I think the over-under in Vegas was 2 1/2 wins, not that I care about Vegas, but it was there. It was in print. But now we’re sitting at 6-6 and hopefully we get a chance to play another game. These young men, these men are special. They’re special. They’re special.” <-

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the bogus penalty calls set up UConn to fail. Kill momentum and stall drives. Discrepancy in penalties between the two teams says it all about the game.
FWIW, today's officiating crew was from the ACC.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> The Huskies entered at 6-5, having exceeded any expectations if any even existed, and may have been playing with house money. But after they lost, largely due to their own unforced errors, they dejectedly boarded a bus, carrying an unsettling feeling into Thanksgiving break that this journey may have ended just west of the Hudson River — or on the Army goal line, in a way.

“We've been playing well,” Mora said, holding a brief press conference in a storage area off the stadium concourse. “And today we didn't. We really hurt ourselves.” <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom