Game Week 2022 - UConn at #4 Michigan (9/17/22 @ Noon on ABC/ESPN3) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn at #4 Michigan (9/17/22 @ Noon on ABC/ESPN3)

Reaction Score

Sorry young fella, you are way earlier in the learning/experience curve at the D1 level than you state. Think you are going to get a real dose of "game speed at this level" on Saturday. Stay within yourself, this is not the game to try and make "plays". We need you in one piece for games 7 to 12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is anyone else secretly dreading watching this game this weekend? Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to do it, but I look forward to returning to the days when watching UConn football wouldn’t feel like a chore.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else secretly dreading watching this game this weekend? Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to do it, but I look forward to returning to the days when watching UConn football wouldn’t feel like a chore.
I have a great excuse to not watch because I'll be at a wedding. But I will record it and after I"ve gotten over the depression of the inevitable drubbing I will watch it, hopefully without depressing myself again by focusing on any positives that might be there to see.

Reaction Score
I actually enjoy watching beatings like Saturday on DVR much more than live. I may just follow it on my phone. If I watch live, I’m deflated. If I watch on DVR when I already know the score I can focus on the bright spots and on how some of the younger players look.

The one big benefit of watching live is that my wife knows I’m not going anywhere and let’s me be.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sorry young fella, you are way earlier in the learning/experience curve at the D1 level than you state. Think you are going to get a real dose of "game speed at this level" on Saturday. Stay within yourself, this is not the game to try and make "plays". We need you in one piece for games 7 to 12.
He doesn't need to beat the Michigans of the world. He needs to beat the FIUs Ball States and UMasses. Then he can work on the Army's, Liberty's and BC's. We'll build him a statue.

Reaction Score
No attack at all but why would it possibly be a secret? I have not a bit of not dreading being a 46.5 underdog. But I'll be watching and hoping for the pointy ball to bounce our way and no injuries. Thank you captain obvious. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't see it as a chore and never have but I am worried about the health of our players. The injuries so far have depleted depth and we may have players in the game that have no legit substitutes.

Reaction Score
One thing to recognize about Zion is that we have struggled to complete short passes for a few years now and he has a pretty good level of accuracy on those throws. He is in a tight spot but he is having success and by the end of the season I believe he is going to have fans looking forward to better times. His interview quotes for a frosh are impressive.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
One thing to recognize about Zion is that we have struggled to complete short passes for a few years now and he has a pretty good level of accuracy on those throws. He is in a tight spot but he is having success and by the end of the season I believe he is going to have fans looking forward to better times. His interview quotes for a frosh are impressive.

If you exclude turnovers.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Awful scheduling. Fire everyone.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I have been searching for the press conference from Jim Harbaugh on the look ahead to UConn, and can't find it anywhere. Zero mention from him, as far as I can tell, on UConn. However, he did speak to the press this week. Also, I watched both the Colorado State and Hawaii postgame pressers, and he never mentions either opponent once. I guess most would say 'no big deal' but it has always struck me as not very classy for a HC to neglect to even acknowledge the opponent. Sure, Michigan blew out their first two opponents, and probably figure on doing the same this week, but it still rubs me the wrong way as being dismissive, and maybe even arrogant. I would see that as further motivation if the Huskies needed any.

Reaction Score
Look ahead to UConn...with no mention of UConn. lol
I listened to this a few times and never heard him mention UConn but thought it was just me since I was distracted trying to do real work as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom