Game Week 2022 - UConn at #4 Michigan (9/17/22 @ Noon on ABC/ESPN3) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn at #4 Michigan (9/17/22 @ Noon on ABC/ESPN3)

Reaction Score
Back in super bowl III a beat writer asked joe Namath what he thought about being a 17 point underdog . Namath in his polite way said mr.xxx when I walk out onto the field and look up at the scoreboard and it said we were down 17-0 I’d be concerned. But so long as it says 0-0 I’m ok.
after the game Namath said. I guess there are a few bookies eating their pencils

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know what's amusing about what I said. Are you suggesting the program has further to fall? I'm not using the term "rock bottom" in the context you suggest. It's interesting you commented on that one line but had nothing to say on what I wrote following, which was more substantive.

Yes, I'm suggesting there are levels beyond having the worst defense ever recorded in D1 football and a series of 1 or 2 win seasons.

Reaction Score
We simply don’t have the football players to compete. Too small and too slow. The question is do we have the bigger heart and fight to go toe to toe. Not to play within themselves, but to play beyond themselves. To wear down the bully with sheer will power. Football is a game played by humans not statistics. If they play with abandon, we can be competitive. Can’t see winning, but I can see giving them major headaches.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I thought we were are the rebound, but I also thought Rock Bottom was being handled by and losing to The College of the Holy Cross and UMass. If there is a lower bottom than that in FBS I’m going to start rooting for a basketball school with excellent upside for Hockey, Baseball, etc. ;)

I'm sure the guys have been told, give the effort on every play to win your individual battles and let’s see what happens. They do that, no one gets hurt, then it’s a good day on the road back.

Yes, I'm suggesting there are levels beyond having the worst defense ever recorded in D1 football and a series of 1 or 2 win seasons.
Something like this?

Attachments

• 120207_holebig.jpeg
    120207_holebig.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 65
Reaction Score

-> Starting linebacker Nikhai Hill-Green, offensive lineman Karsen Barnhart, and running back Donovan Edwards all are dealing with injuries entering the weekend. According to Aaron McMann of Mlive.com, Edwards is doubtful to play while both Hill-Green and Barnhart are expected to be game-time decisions. <-

Reaction Score
Adam Giardino on the pre game believes Devante Houston is out today secondary to the banged up shoulder and Rosa is RB2 and Bob Joyce indicated that true freshman DB Cam Edwards has been moved to the offensive backfield for depth (two way player @ Norwalk High school)

Reaction Score
Adam Giardino on the pre game believes Devante Houston is out today secondary to the banged up shoulder and Rosa is RB2 and Bob Joyce indicated that true freshman DB Cam Edwards has been moved to the offensive backfield for depth (two way player @ Norwalk High school)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll watch, but I'm staying out of the chatroom today.

this should be easiest chat room ever. Expectations of a beat down with hope for players making a few plays and everyone staying healthy should be near universal.

Reaction Score

I'm not assuming Cam plays because of this but who knows with Rosa getting touches. Depends on his development physically and mentally. Just glad he's still in the mix because he is a 2 way player.

Reaction Score
This was disgraceful. Can't throw the ball for completions, can't catch the ball, can't block, can't tackle, can't cover on defense. Oh and special teams suck. And, the UConn staff can't coach the passing game - 24 total yards, f'in ridiculous. Throw the ball to the center of the field: center short to TE, center medium and center deep. Stop with the sideline throws, the QBs can't make those throws.

Reaction Score
Mora notes post game that Carter has a second degree shoulder separation. Was not going to risk further injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom